Where to buy El Cheapo amplifier cabinets in Mumbai?

sdk

Hi guys,

My first ever amplifier DIY build is progressing slowly.

Sooner or later I'll need a housing to put it all together.

Any fellow enthusiasts know of any cheap suppliers of amplifier cabinets in Mumbai or Lamington road?

I am not interested in making it look pretty and fancy.

Just need a box to put everything together without too much work.

Regards

CK Electronics opposite the post office. The largest I've seen there is 12" width X 8 or 10" deep X 3" height. The MS sheet used is thin but properly painted inside and outside and the screws actually align.

Thanks a lot, I'll try them next time

The heatsink I bought is 4 inches in height, I hope they have those too

Regards

Go and check out the shop. I'm not sure they have 4 inch height cabinets.

Update

After many visits to lamington road and trying all the dealers suggested here as well as by a friend, I was referred to the only dealer who still stocks sheet metal cabinets, called SB Electronics.

He stocks the same cabinets that many desi YouTube amplifier channels use to make their cabinets.

They usually quote Rs 280 or so on their build videos, SB sells them for Rs 750. By the time you buy the switches, knobs, screw packets etc your net cost is about Rs 850. This is for what the trade calls 5000 watt dual fan cabinet

Smaller and cheaper cabinets are also available

CK and others have stopped stocking them and greet you with snarls if you ask for them. Most want to sell you fully built amps.

Update

After many visits to lamington road and trying all the dealers suggested here as well as by a friend, I was referred to the only dealer who still stocks sheet metal cabinets, called SB Electronics.

He stocks the same cabinets that many desi YouTube amplifier channels use to make their cabinets.

They usually quote Rs 280 or so on their build videos, SB sells them for Rs 750. By the time you buy the switches, knobs, screw packets etc your net cost is about Rs 850. This is for what the trade calls 5000 watt dual fan cabinet

Smaller and cheaper cabinets are also available

CK and others have stopped stocking them and greet you with snarls if you ask for them. Most want to sell you fully built amps.
Great Could you please post a picture of the cabinets .. it would be of great help

Another option I would suggest. If you are OK with pre-used, then go to any neighbourhood electronics repair shop (preferably an old established one). He would surely be stocking a number of old dead AVRs. You can bargain for a piece for very cheap and then use the cab. You may even get a good transformer inside it as a bonus!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back