Where to buy Onkyo S3500 in Lucknow???

vijras

Hi all,

I am a silent member of this forum from long time and live in nearby location of Lucknow. I am planning to by Onkyo S3500 and my budget is 30K only. Where can I by this systme in Lucknow???? If anybody know, pls share the details of the shop.

I currenlty own 32" Sony HD TV, D2H HD connection and will purchase a BD player later.

Main source of AV is downloded stuffs from torrent.

Thanks in advance.

-vijras

+1 to Rupam & if you still want to go for Onkyo they have the 4505S (with active sub). Same price as Yamaha 296 & the Denon.

Last edited:
Dear Vijras, I would recommend Denon 1312XP which has an active subwoofer. You can contact and take a Demo from
LUCKNOW
M/s. Madhav Enterprises
Contact No: 9415434861
mail: [email protected]

As I am newbie to the world of HT unknow to the jorgan like active passice etc :sad:, Requested to clerify that what advantage may I get from active subwoofer campare to passice one.

-vijras

Read this in detail: Passive Subwoofers vs Powered Subwoofers

Passive Subwoofers

Passive subwoofers are called "passive" because they need to be powered by an external amplifier, in the same fashion as traditional loudspeakers. The important consideration here is that since subwoofers need more power to reproduce low frequency sounds, your amplifier or receiver needs to be able to output enough power to sustain bass effects reproduced by the subwoofer without draining the power supply in your receiver or amplifier. How much power depends on the requirements of the subwoofer speaker and the size of the room (and how much bass you can stomach!).

Powered Subwoofers

To solve the problem of inadequate power or other related characteristics that may be lacking in a receiver or amplifier, Powered Subwoofers (also referred to as Active Subwoofers) are utilized. This type of subwoofer is a self-contained speaker/amplifier configuration in which the characteristics of the amplifier and subwoofer are optimally matched and are both encased in the same enclosure.

As a side benefit, all a powered subwoofer needs is a single cable connection from a home theater receiver or surround sound preamp/processor line output (also referred to as a subwoofer preamp output). This arrangement takes a lot of the power load away from a receiver and allows the receiver's own amplifiers to power the mid-range and tweeter speakers more easily.

Dear Vijras, I would recommend Denon 1312XP which has an active subwoofer. You can contact and take a Demo from
LUCKNOW
M/s. Madhav Enterprises
Contact No: 9415434861
mail: [email protected]

Dear FM,

I talked with Madhavkohli at the given no. above, as per him denon 1312xp is discontinued now. He has onkyo s3500 on stock and it is surprising that he has quoted the price of onkyo s3500 is INR 33,000. Is it reasonable in Lucknow or else other choice is there ???

Pls help:)

Dear FM,

I talked with Madhavkohli at the given no. above, as per him denon 1312xp is discontinued now. He has onkyo s3500 on stock and it is surprising that he has quoted the price of onkyo s3500 is INR 33,000. Is it reasonable in Lucknow or else other choice is there ???

Pls help:)

Its expensive (from prices seen on this forum). 3500 should be for around 26500-27000, but to be honest I have no idea about prices in Lucknow.
Only the Onkyo 4505 with the active woofer is for 32-33k.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back