where to buy SACDs?

ShutterX

hi all,

i live in noida and would like to audition how SACDs actually sound (never heard them). where are SACDs available for purchase? and what kind of player would i need to play these CDs?

i am planning to buy a stereo rig soon and have considered the Marantz cd 5004 or 6004 (depending on moolah situation)

thanks

I do believe, from wha friends have said, that a lot of SACD's can be bought from japan as it's a popular format still (or so i've heard) :)

hi all,

i live in noida and would like to audition how SACDs actually sound (never heard them). where are SACDs available for purchase? and what kind of player would i need to play these CDs?

i am planning to buy a stereo rig soon and have considered the Marantz cd 5004 or 6004 (depending on moolah situation)

thanks

For playing the SACD, you need a SACD Player. The Marantz 5004 and the 6004 does not support the SACD. It will play only redbook CD's and its waste buying the SACD's if you dont have the player. The Old SA 7001 from marantz is an SACD Player and there should be some latest model which plays SACD. Check it out.

Hi,

you need a sacd capable player to play the sacd layer on the sacd's, which i dont think the Marantz cd 5004 or 6004 have, hybrid sacds will work on the marantz players fine though,

sacds are expensive not to mention limited titles available,

any particular reason to lean towards sacd ?

cheers

Oppo BDP 95! About 1000 US$. Will play audio CD, DVD-A, SACD, BD. Stereo output is very good per reviews I have read as it has been specially tweaked for better sonics.

For playing the SACD, you need a SACD Player. The Marantz 5004 and the 6004 does not support the SACD. It will play only redbook CD's and its waste buying the SACD's if you dont have the player. The Old SA 7001 from marantz is an SACD Player and there should be some latest model which plays SACD. Check it out.

point noted. guess plan change then. btw, i have never heard SACDs, how much difference would there be in SQ? (stereo music only)

Hi,

you need a sacd capable player to play the sacd layer on the sacd's, which i dont think the Marantz cd 5004 or 6004 have, hybrid sacds will work on the marantz players fine though,

sacds are expensive not to mention limited titles available,

any particular reason to lean towards sacd ?

cheers

as stated before, ive never heard them before (just groping in the dark for as much SQ as possible :rolleyes:)

and whats the difference between SACDs and the Hybrid ones? and do you guys use any of these?

SACD's are not sold by any major retail chain in India. When I was looking for them even the store reps never knew what I am asking for. But for some time I find surprises in stores, last one was Shangri-La, Mark Knopfler in SACD.
Rest I import directly form Amazon.com or Acoustic Sounds.
All Classics are not engineered to the best in SACD. But some are really good in Surround and Sonics.
Now my collection has some 33 titles in SACD. The best ones are Pink Floyd: DSOTM and the latest favorite is Wish You Were Here
Enjoy Music.

The SACD did not take off as expected. There are titles available here and there. You can source them in Amazon or cdconnections, just give it a try.
Reg the sound, yes there is an improvement in the sound again depends on the recording. You get few Fantastic Collections of SACD from Stockfish.

regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back