Which 26" LCD among These models?

Rupam

I'm going to buy a 26" LCD TV for my bedroom. This will be my first LCD. I have narrowed down three models :

Sony KLV-26EX300
Samsung LA26C450E1M[

Panasonic VIERA TH-L26X10 VIERA TH-L26X10 | X Series | Digital AV | Panasonic India

I have googled for review of these models but apart from Panasonic VIERA TH-L26X10 I have not found reviews of these Indian models on the web. The review of Panasonic model is HERE

What hi fi website has a review of Samsung model number LE26C450 (click here). I want know if Samsung LE26C450 and Samsung LA26C450E1M are the same models. I know that model number differ according the country.

Again for Sony I found a quite positive review on Tech Radar website Here it is -Sony KDL-26EX302 review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Plasma and LCD TVs . In this case the model number again differs a little bit. Can any one confirm is this the same Indian model?

I will be watching Tata Sky and 720p Movie rips via my Laptop DVI connection. I have Altec Lansing Speaker so I don't give much importance to the sound quality of the TV.

My preferences are :

1. Picture Quality ( Should be best in 26" category)
2. Must have DVI.
3. Price range 25-26k
4. 24 FPS True Cinema.
5. HDMI

I have bought AV MAX of october 2010. But I am disappointed to see that none of the above models have been tested. They have crowned Mitashi 32" LCD (model MiC032v01) and Mitashi (Mie024) LED as recommended buy. Ofcourse they offer Great value for money but I want to go for main stream brands.

So if you own a 26" LCD TV please share your experience with me.

Thanks a lot ..........

Here is the review of Panasonic TX-L26X10 From What hi fi website.
Panasonic TX-L26X10B
430 4

Not quite perfect, but handles depth and scaling proficiently
Write your own review

* Review
* Your Opinion
* Tech Specs

For
Good with scale and depth; excellent detail
Against
Overcooks standard definition pictures

As you'd expect from a 26in television at this price, this Panasonic has a very decent feature set that includes three HDMI inputs, support for 1080p video at 24fps, and an SD card slot for displaying JPEGs.

Admittedly the company's hardly pushed the boat out with the styling, and the set is deeper than most, but it's solidly built and far from ugly.

Good with subdued colours
Setting the set up using a THX Optimiser is nice and simple, thanks to clear, concise menu options.

Only the Eco Mode really needs to be experimented with outside the optimiser, as it involves a little compromise between black depth and white punch.

Whether you prefer it on or off is a matter of taste. Play the funeral opening of the Gran Torino Blu-ray and the TX-L26X10B does a great job with the subdued picture.

Blacks have decent depth but remain detailed, while whites are clean and pure, even if they don't have quite the punch of some rival sets.

High levels of image detail
Detail levels are very high throughout, and the set refuses to become confused by the challenging pattern of Clint Eastwood's suit.

Peculiarly, when you switch to standard definition, the picture that was just a touch warmer than neutral with HD becomes more overcooked. Even so, both Tropic Thunder on DVD and Torchwood via Freeview
are vibrant and stable.

While sound is far from perfect, there's greater scale and depth than most, and it rounds out a solid, if rather pricey showing.

Anyone in this forum own this model?

panasonic is not known for its LCD, i saw demo on big bazaar panasonic looked little dull, but im not sure but you gotta see demo

New Thoughts... Which 26" LCD among These models?

I came across this model from LG. LG 26LE5300. Look here

Key Features

* Dynamic Mega Contrast Ratio (10,00,000:1)
* DivX thru' USB 2.0
* 3 X HDMI (ver. 1.3 deep colour)
* Response time 4 ms
* Clear voice II
* Surround System (Infinite Surround)
* PC Connectivity
* HD Ready

Series Name LE5300
Screen Size 26

Backlight LED

General Specifications

Resolution 1366 x 768

Viewing Angle (degree) 178 / 178

Color Reproduction (RGB) 8 bit

Life Span (Hrs) 60000

Picture

Dynamic Contrast Ratio 1,000,000:1

Response time(millisecond) 4.0ms

DivX through USB 2.0 Yes

XD Engine Yes

Color Gamut control Yes

SOUND (rms)

Clear voice II Yes

Surround System (SRS TSXT)
Yes
Mono/Stereo/Dual (MTS/SAP)
Yes/Yes/Yes
Audio Output (Watts - THD 10%)
5W+5W
Speaker System
1 Way 2 Speakers
Surround System
Infinite Surround
Dolby Digital Decoder
Yes

CONVENIENCE

PC Connectivity
Yes
HDMI (ver. 1.3 deep colour)
Yes
Simplink ( HDMI-CEC)
Yes

Connectivity (Side)

HDMI in
Yes (1)
USB 2.0
Yes (1)

Connectivity (Rear)

Antenna In
Yes(1)
AV In
Yes (1)
Component in (Y,Pb,Pr) + Audio
Yes(1)
HDMI/HDCP In
Yes (2)
RGB In (D-sub 15pin) - PC
Yes (1)
PC Audio Input
Yes (1)
RS-232C (Control / SVC)
Yes

Supplied Accessories

Stand
Yes
Remote
Yes
Battery (2 AA)
Yes

Power Consumption

Voltage, Hz
100-240Vac 50/60Hz
Stand-by Mode
1W ?

I Dropped Panasonic from my List. I have been reading too many negative feedback for their New LCD Models.
[look here Panasonic is indeed lowered the price of the 32" LCD TH-L32S10. But It does have issues regarding picture quality.
Read here http://www.hifivision.com/television/9213-pana-th-l32s10-vs-samsung-la32b530-4.html

Techradar review ]Panasonic TX-L32S10 (TXL32S10) review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Plasma and LCD TVs

Now Considering these models :
Ordered according to my preference.

1. Sony KLV-26Ex300 [Bargain @ 25900/- from Sony World]

2. Samsung LA26C450E1M [MRP Rs. 25,900/-*]

3. Samsung LA26C480H1 [MRP Rs. 26,900/-*]

LG Models : In 26 range None of them have 24 FPS .

Feature wise sony stays on top...

Any one in this forum have any of these models? Please share your experience.
Thanks

I Dropped Panasonic from my List. I have been reading too many negative feedback for their New LCD Models.
[look here Panasonic is indeed lowered the price of the 32" LCD TH-L32S10. But It does have issues regarding picture quality.
Read here http://www.hifivision.com/television/9213-pana-th-l32s10-vs-samsung-la32b530-4.html

Techradar review ]Panasonic TX-L32S10 (TXL32S10) review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Plasma and LCD TVs

Now Considering these models :
Ordered according to my preference.

1. Sony KLV-26Ex300 [Bargain @ 25900/- from Sony World]

2. Samsung LA26C450E1M [MRP Rs. 25,900/-*]

3. Samsung LA26C480H1 [MRP Rs. 26,900/-*]

LG Models : In 26 range None of them have 24 FPS .

Feature wise sony stays on top...

Any one in this forum have any of these models? Please share your experience.
Thanks

That Sony is NOT a bargain at 25.9K. In fact at this price you can get a 32" LCD TV. Are you really set on going for a 26"? Because at the price these 26 inchers retail for you can get some decent 32" LCD TVs.

even my friends tell me " whatever you do buy sony " " SONY tv ko kuch nahi hota " . i try to tell them that other brands are good as well

Last evening I and my wife went to LG, Samsung and Sony Showrooms. I took BBC Life Plants 720p in mkv format and one divx movie in Pendrive.

First I went to LG showroom, I asked for the Infinia 26E5300 LED model. Unfortunately the store had 17" model of that LED TV. I requested him to play BBC Life Plants Episode.
I was really impressed by the detailed picture quality of this LED TV. The colours were warm and vibrant without being over saturated. In the First scene of Plants of BBC Life when the panning camera captures the break of dawn in Time Lapse sequence the dark areas have stunning depth as if we are looking through a small window. The sharpness was a bit higher but definitely not edgy.

Ordinary Tata sky was connected through a splitter so picture quality was not great. While watching Sports channel, I did not notice any motion blurring or such problem.

I really appreciate the USB Media player capability of this TV. Aesthetically the set looks very sleek. No point of complaining about sound quality as we all know that very few LED LCD TVs excel is that. The sound quality is average.
They told me that I will get 26" LED day after tomorrow.

Price of 17" LED is 17500/-
Price of 26" LED 26E5300 is 25000/-

Next we went to Samsung showroom. The salesman showed me: LA26C450E1M> Again I asked him to play the BBC Life from my Pen Drive. But The scenes look muted and faded. I don't know why, the picture looked very flat and some blacks have a bluish tinge. There was significant amount of colour banding in some scenes. I wish there were more sharpness in the picture. Overall, lack of detail, clarity and sharpness left us disappointed.

I also asked for the 26" LED TV but they did not have that in there showroom. So without any option we left.
Price of Samsung LA26C450E1M 22500/- [Festive offer 50 Hindi DVDs Free]
And Samsung LED is priced @ 28000/- MRP.

On our last stop in Sony World we found that the model that I was vying for
Sony KLV-26EX300 CAN NOT even play divx through its USB (mkv far cry) :mad:. Whats the point of USB then? I stoke out Sony from my options then and there.....

So thus was the Experience ..... Right now I'm waiting for LG 26" LED to come in the stores. :)

Last edited:
What I learned from this forum is that 26 inch LCDs use inferior quality panels as a general compared to 32 inch LCDs.

You can get some good offers for 32 inch LCD in your budget:

Toshiba AV700 - approx 22.k
Panasonic (don't remember model no) - 23 - 26K
Sony EX 400 (without bill & warranty) - 27-28K

Also you can get a 42" Panasonic Plasma X20D for around 33K in Delhi.

Last edited:
@Rupam
It appears that you are on a budget. I would seriously suggest you to go for a 32 incher lcd than a 26 incher led. I was in the same boat as yours and was planning to buy a 26 inch led but have now decided to get a 32 inch lcd. Bigger the better.

I would possibly be getting the Samsung 32c450. The price I am getting is 27500.
Or the 32c530 at around 31000.

I can also get you another deal for Panasonic 42 inch 42x20 2010 plasma model at around 32500 if interested.

Thanks archat68 and wingsoffires. You guys really make me think twice. I've space constraints. I'm ready to spend 30K but I'm working far from my Home in Dehradun. MAY BE I have to shift to somewhere else in future. SO I don't know how will I carry a 32" LCD.

I have two questions for serious members of this Forum>

There are two category in 32" LCD TV according to pricing. 1st is Below 30k range and 2nd is above 30k Range.

So are there any quality discrimination between these two sectors?

Is the panel of 26" LED is poor in quality than 32" LCD?

To day I'm going to check out LG LED which I already mentioned. Lets see.....

Thanks archat68 and wingsoffires. You guys really make me think twice. I've space constraints. I'm ready to spend 30K but I'm working far from my Home in Dehradun. MAY BE I have to shift to somewhere else in future. SO I don't know how will I carry a 32" LCD.

I have two questions for serious members of this Forum>

There are two category in 32" LCD TV according to pricing. 1st is Below 30k range and 2nd is above 30k Range.

So are there any quality discrimination between these two sectors?

Is the panel of 26" LED is poor in quality than 32" LCD?

To day I'm going to check out LG LED which I already mentioned. Lets see.....

1st category below 30K range will usually be HD ready. 2nd category above 30k will usually be FullHD.
There are no quality discrimmination between the two. More expensive one will have better features like 100HZ, faster response time, and better resolution. But using 30K as the dividing line between good and bad is not advisable because prices gradually reduce. The 32" which you today call "inferior" and which is below 30K would have cost you more than 40K three years back.
The panel of 26" LED is not poor in quality. Just smaller.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back