Which 5.1.2 speakers for Yamaha RX-V585?

Sayantan

Hi everyone,
I just purchased an Yamaha RX-V585 AV receiver. I want a decent 5.1.2 setup (usage- movie:music=50:50). But I am having a hard time finding the right speakers. My budget is around 60k (can strech a little bit). My request to all gurus here: Please help me find the right speakers.

All will depend how what kind of speakers you want....Bookshelf or Towers or Satellite....

Boston Acoustics, Polks, Yamaha, Bose, JBLs, Taga seem to match well with Yamaha AVRs...

The important thing is to audition with your kind of music or movie clip and decide......see if you can audition the speakers with a Yamaha AVR so as to give you a proper reference for choosing and deciding

For 5.1.2, 60k is bit difficult
You can look at Polk/Taga bookshleves and center for fronts. Polk OWM 3 for rear surrounds and atmos. Subwoofer Taga TSW 200/BIC F12.
Will be slightly above your budget but worth it.

I want a decent 5.1.2 setup
My budget is around 60k (can strech a little bit)

You can very well complete a decent 5.1.2 set-up within your budget and save few bucks..

Conisder Taga inmove series 5.0 speakers from ebay.in for 25K..

Taga Harmny TSW 200 subwoofer as mentioned by other FM from hifimart.com for 23K

If you have a concrete ceiling, add a pair of JBL control one speakers from amazon.in for 7K a pair.. JBL control one, as they are the cheapest speakers that have mount thread behind to mount from ceiling.. Use ceiling bracket from MX on ebay.in to mount them on ceiling, for Rs 500 a pair and you are done with 5.1.2 set-up..

If you have false ceiling, add any in-ceiling speaker that is aval in your budget..

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestions guys.

I have auditioned polk t series 5.1 (t50 towers, t30 centre and t15 surrounds) along with polk owm 3 for atmos. They sound good.

I have also auditioned polk Signature series 5.1 (s50 towers, s35 center and s10 surrounds) together with owm 3s. They sound great, but cross my budget :-(

Can I audition Taga anywhere in Kolkata? What about after sales service and support for Taga.

I have also auditioned polk Signature series 5.1 (s50 towers, s35 center and s10 surrounds) together with owm 3s. They sound great, but cross my budget :-(

This is what most likely happens in an audition.. Though you get to listen, it is always up, up, up your budget..

What about after sales service and support for Taga.

I have few products of Taga harmony, had issues with the subwoofer (due to voltage), was able to fix it thru there authorised service center..

Should that concern you, check with MZ audio on authorised service center in you city.. But, other than subwoofer which you may get in to trouble (coz of electronics inside) , there is bleak chances of running into issues with any speaker..

Taga audition is not available at Kolkata but sales and support available at auditro HiFi Park Street

I am getting Wharfedale Obsidian 600 5.0 package at 60k. But I don't find it listed in Wharfedale website. Also I found some very old reviews of the same dated 2011. Is it a discontinued model? Worth to buy at all?

60k is not a good budget for quality 5.1.2 speakers setup. You will end up in upgradation phase immediately. But it's a good budget for LCR speakers. You can purchase front left right and centre speakers in this budget. Later on add surround and subwoofer. You can have pre owned surround speakers within limited budget in future. Now you can enjoy good stereo system and later on an excellent home theater system. Within your budget you can have..
1. Boston Acoustics A360 , A225
2. Wharfdale Diamond 230, 220c
3. Polk RTiA 5, CSiA 4
4. Dali Zender 5, Vokal
Else
Bookshelf version of above mentioned speakers in 5.0 mode.
Don't rush for Atmos setup now. Build it gradually with a time of year.

60k is not a good budget for quality 5.1.2 speakers setup. You will end up in upgradation phase immediately. But it's a good budget for LCR speakers. You can purchase front left right and centre speakers in this budget. Later on add surround and subwoofer. You can have pre owned surround speakers within limited budget in future. Now you can enjoy good stereo system and later on an excellent home theater system. Within your budget you can have..
1. Boston Acoustics A360 , A225
2. Wharfdale Diamond 230, 220c
3. Polk RTiA 5, CSiA 4
4. Dali Zender 5, Vokal
Else
Bookshelf version of above mentioned speakers in 5.0 mode.
Don't rush for Atmos setup now. Build it gradually with a time of year.
I auditioned Dali Spektor 6 today.. and this is what I was thinking too!! They sounded way better than the other speakers I have auditioned.
I cannot find any Boston Acoustics audition in Kolkata, although I found a dealer.
Now I have a few questions:
#1. How does Dali Spektor 6 vs Zensor 5/7 compare?
#2. Will my Yamaha RX-V585 be able to drive the towers properly (upto 75-80% volume at least)?
#3. If I place towers on my entertainment unit on either side of TV (due to floor space problem), will that affect intended performance/induce vibration in the entire unit?

60k is not a good budget for quality 5.1.2 speakers setup.

How much is a "good" budget for 5.1.2 set-up & what do you mean by "Quality"?..

There is quite a possibility to complete 5.2.2 set-up in his budget (60K), which can give other set-up a run for their money..

Hi everyone,
I just purchased an Yamaha RX-V585 AV receiver. I want a decent 5.1.2 setup (usage- movie:music=50:50). But I am having a hard time finding the right speakers. My budget is around 60k (can strech a little bit). My request to all gurus here: Please help me find the right speakers.
How much you pay for Yamaha RX-V585

Which setup did you buy then? Is it complete Dolby Atmos setup now or 5.1?
How do you play Dolby Atmos content (which player and you stream the content on which TV/Projector?)

I have purchased Yamaha RX-V683 recently and am in process of buying speakers-sub too with same intent to eventually finish 5.2.2 dolby atmos setup.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back