Which 85 inch TV?

Lobogris

I am currently looking to replace my 75 inch TCL. It has worked well for 4 years but now the speakers have developed a loud whine and a hissing sound. Currently I am looking at Vu75 Glo Masterpiece for around 108k, Vu 85 for around 240k or something from Sony, LG etc at at least 3.5 lakhs. On one hand, I am reluctant to buy Vu due to them being simply rebadged Hisense and the fact that these two are using IPS panels which means the contrast would not be as good. However they both have excellent peak brightness of 800 and 1000 nits and are QLEDs. All reviews claim they have great picture quality. I have used 2 Vu TVs earlier and both were fine.

Is it worth spending 2.5 lakhs odd on Vu or should I pay 1 lakh more to go with Sony 85 inch even though Vu seems to have better specs? Or is it better to replace it with Vu 75 Masterpiece where I would only have to spend around 1 lakh?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently looking to replace my 75 inch TCL. It has worked well for 4 years but now the speakers have developed a loud whine and a hissing sound. Currently I am looking at Vu75 Glo Masterpiece for around 108k, Vu 85 for around 240k or something from Sony, LG etc at at least 3.5 lakhs. On one hand, I am reluctant to buy Vu due to them being simply rebadged Hisense and the fact that these two are using IPS panels which means the contrast would not be as good. However they both have excellent peak brightness of 800 and 1000 nits and are QLEDs. All reviews claim they have great picture quality. I have used 2 Vu TVs earlier and both were fine.

Is it worth spending 2.5 lakhs odd on Vu or should I pay 1 lakh more to go with Sony 85 inch even though Vu seems to have better specs? Or is it better to replace it with Vu 75 Masterpiece where I would only have to spend around 1 lakh?
Sony 85" 85k in reliance can be bought for 2.9 L. Not sure about cashbacks.

Why not instead buy an AVR and speakers. You can continue using the TV.
Even a soundbar will do.

Unless of course you want a new TV.

I am currently looking to replace my 75 inch TCL. It has worked well for 4 years but now the speakers have developed a loud whine and a hissing sound.
If you have only sound issue then get one soundbar.
I you want to still upgrade your viewing experience, Consider getting 4K projector which is starting from 1.7 lakhs where screen size can go upto 150" . Watching movies on big screen will be more exciting.
I don't think moving from 75" to 85" TV at this price point you wont feel much difference/upgrade.

Back