Which Allo Player to buy

quimbo

Schiit Bifrost 2 > Loki > Schitt Lyr 3. Currently feed via windows 7 computer using foobar and WASAPI interface. 20 TB of lossless music spread across 4 External drives (2 redundant copies on drives and copying most to g-suite). No plans for a NAS in the next few years. Getting a new Win 10 computer scheduled for middle of June (Dotnet developer s prefer Windows)

I am interested in building / buying a device that allows me to plug in a USB drive and output to the Bifrost via USB or SPDIF. It's not clear to me if any of the Allo DigiOne player or the USBBridge require an Pi board as well. Looking for suggestions of what I need to do to accomplish this. Thanks, q

Schiit Bifrost 2 > Loki > Schitt Lyr 3. Currently feed via windows 7 computer using foobar and WASAPI interface. 20 TB of lossless music spread across 4 External drives (2 redundant copies on drives and copying most to g-suite). No plans for a NAS in the next few years. Getting a new Win 10 computer scheduled for middle of June (Dotnet developer s prefer Windows)

I am interested in building / buying a device that allows me to plug in a USB drive and output to the Bifrost via USB or SPDIF. It's not clear to me if any of the Allo DigiOne player or the USBBridge require an Pi board as well. Looking for suggestions of what I need to do to accomplish this. Thanks, q

Both require a pi. The 'player' versions have the pi included. If your Bifrost has unison usb or you plan to upgrade to unison then go with the USBridge. Consider streaming the contents of the usb drive to either Allo device (if that's an itch you want to scratch).

Ended up purchasing a USBridge Sig last month. Using Volumio as my front-end there is a SubSonic plug-in Volusonic so I am able to leverage my SubSonic premium account, Simple to set up and no need to plug a USB external into the front of the USBridge

Ended up purchasing a USBridge Sig last month. Using Volumio as my front-end there is a SubSonic plug-in Volusonic so I am able to leverage my SubSonic premium account, Simple to set up and no need to plug a USB external into the front of the USBridge
Congratulations. How does it sound compared to using a pc?

MaSh

Its really difficult to say. I'm sure it sounds better but the PC was only 3 months old, plenty of memory and a USB 3 port. 62 year old ears did not hear a 'whoa' difference.

Its really difficult to say. I'm sure it sounds better but the PC was only 3 months old, plenty of memory and a USB 3 port. 62 year old ears did not hear a 'whoa' difference.
Ha ha yup it sure is a tough one.

MaSh

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back