Which amp good to drive these bookshelf speakers

anirudhchandrashekar

Which would be the perfect amp to drive a pair of Dali Zensor 3s? I have read that they go really well with a Marantz.

My hunt for speaker is over and might settle with a Z3. So now, starting the lookout for a matching amp.

Please consider giving your inputs as I would love to get the views on this thread. Cheers!

U mean a stereo amp or an AVR? Big difference there. Spend a good amount on the amp/avr please.

Try them out with a few different amps and see. Speaker amp synergy is pretty important. No amount of reviews will tell you whether you'll like how a particular combo will sound to you

Marantz pm 6005 and 6006 series won't do justice to Dali. They are entry level amps. You need something much more powerful to get the best out of the Dali. Spend twice as much on the amp as u have spent on the speaker. My personal opinion.

And btw, I sold my pm6005 for 25k, one month old because I wasn't happy with it. Again, it's a personal choice. U will see people quoting ridiculous amounts for a used marantz pm series.

Spend 40-50k atleast on the amp and experience nirvana. Having said that, u might be just as happy with a marantz pm6005. Although marantz have stopped making the Pm6005 now replaced by the pm6006 I think.

Marantz pm 6005 and 6006 series won't do justice to Dali. They are entry level amps. You need something much more powerful to get the best out of the Dali. Spend twice as much on the amp as u have spent on the speaker. My personal opinion.

And btw, I sold my pm6005 for 25k, one month old because I wasn't happy with it. Again, it's a personal choice. U will see people quoting ridiculous amounts for a used marantz pm series.

Spend 40-50k atleast on the amp and experience nirvana. Having said that, u might be just as happy with a marantz pm6005. Although marantz have stopped making the Pm6005 now replaced by the pm6006 I think.

Thanks for the insight, I thought the 6005 should be driving it comfortably. Many an FM were using that combo and they are happy with it. So what would you recommend for say the zensor 3s? Also what about Norge 1000 gold? I mean they have the power but will they bring the best out of teh Dalis?

Thanks for the insight, I thought the 6005 should be driving it comfortably. Many an FM were using that combo and they are happy with it. So what would you recommend for say the zensor 3s? Also what about Norge 1000 gold? I mean they have the power but will they bring the best out of teh Dalis?

Sure the PM 6005 is entry level DAC-amp. Sure I am looking for an upgrade after two years. The Zensors are entry level speakers too

It fit my budget when I was starting off, and it is still entertaining.

vs the Norge gold no idea, but I can sure say that the tiny 10K INR pre-power combo I tried in my system with my Z5 were certainly impressive. Would I recommend it ? Sure yes, I rather liked them in the week or so they sang in my system. Am I throwing my PM6005 away in disgust ? Hell no.

Remember also to that before you bring out the best from your speakers you have a much bigger enemy to defeat. Your room. And that without having done that the rest is moot.

ciao
gr

Last edited:
So what would you recommend for say the zensor 3s? Also what about Norge 1000 gold? I mean they have the power but will they bring the best out of teh Dalis?

You can even consider small chinese amps (SMSL Q5 Pro, FX Audio D802), cost much less than Marantz amplifiers and better connectivity than the Norge amplifiers..

Which would be the perfect amp to drive a pair of Dali Zensor 3s? I have read that they go really well with a Marantz.

My hunt for speaker is over and might settle with a Z3. So now, starting the lookout for a matching amp.

Please consider giving your inputs as I would love to get the views on this thread. Cheers!

Hi,

Such co-incidence! even I have finalized upon Dali Z3 last weekend only and have started scouting for the best amp (in my budget of 30-40k).
Going through all the reviews and asking people, I think this is the order (in budget amps) which people follow for Dali Z3s:
Cambridge Audio > NAD > Marantz > Denon.

I have checked Z3s with only Denon as of now. Am going to some other stores to try the above mentioned amps this weekend.

You may ping if you want to know about my experience with these.

Regards,

i liked the dali's with Arcam - maybe the A19...

these go well together

but use your ears and your judgment

regards

Oh congratulations. Where are you picking them from?

Z3 specs say that the speaker is
Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB] 88.0
Nominal Impedance [ohms] 6
Recommended Amplifier Power [W] 25 - 125
Source: DALI ZENSOR 3 SPECS.

Seeing this just by hunch I would suggest an amp rated to give out around 70w or over at 8ohms. Which one you pick is entirely your choice. Try to audition the amps with the speakers and your music to know the sound signature. You can then have an idea of how they will sound in your room. They will not be the same as in a fully kitted demo room.

MaSh

Yes yes, starting my research on the same :licklips:

Which amps were used when you auditioned the Dali's? Maybe pick one of them that tickled your pickle.

try the acoustic portrait swara amp. at 36k, nothing to beat it in its price range. theyre bangalore based so you can audition as well

I am a member of few other international AV HT forums , recently joined here. I find that Only Indians here vouch and praise the Dali Zensors "exclusively" .
There many extremely competent brands out there like Polk , Klipsch , Taga but its ALWAYS zensor this , zensor that ..wonder why , MAYBE its the piano finish ......!!

There many extremely competent brands out there like Polk , Klipsch , Taga but its ALWAYS zensor this , zensor that ..wonder why , MAYBE its the piano finish ......!!

Dig a bit more and you shall find plenty of praise for Polk, Klipsch, Taga and others.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back