Which are the matching speakers for Marantz 5003 amp.???

Brajendu

Hey all you speaker ninjas...:D

I'm planning to buy a new Marantz PM5003 amplifier. Please suggest me some good matching Floor Standing speakers only (no book-shelf). Budget is not tight though it's around 50-60k. I can wait for sometime to get some extra bucks if I really like the more expensive speaker.

- I'll be playing this in my hall, with size 20x16.
- My choice of music: soft instrumental, Indian-classical, Ghazals, Sufi kind of...
- I can't play louder music in my hall but I like bass (but not as much as a sub-woofer).

Kindly advise me with your suggestions regarding this.

(FYI: Marantz 5003 is only 36 W x 2 (8? load) and 45 W x 2 (4? load)

Have heard the 5003 amp paired to Jamo C405 FS & it was decent pairing, did not feel the speakers struggle....

Is there any way to plug-in another additional amp. WITH this Marantz 5003?... my Q might be so stupid for many, but I'm a novice in HiFiAudio. So if this is possible (and if it's a practice among audiophiles) than I can think of buying this 5003 now and later if I find it insufficient to drive larger Floor Standers, then I can add an additional amp...:) ..
Please comment...

@i audio - no i have not tried .....

looking at the specifications ....its not enough ...u will not be able to increase the volume beyond a certain level ....clipping probs ......look for speaker sensitivity .... 89 to 90 DB ...... that may just do it ...

additional amp ...not possible ....the option to connect it does not exist in PM5003.....

wait for some more time ....increase your budget and buy a amp with more power ....then u can choose and connect a wide range of speakers without worrying about all these ......

Is there any way to plug-in another additional amp. WITH this Marantz 5003?... my Q might be so stupid for many, but I'm a novice in HiFiAudio. So if this is possible (and if it's a practice among audiophiles) than I can think of buying this 5003 now and later if I find it insufficient to drive larger Floor Standers, then I can add an additional amp...:) ..
Please comment...

there is a possibility by bi-amping. you'll have to get suitable speakers as well. the ones with dual terminals for the speaker connections. but i dont believe thats the route to take. why have you decided on a pm 5003. any specific reason. whats your total budget for the setup

@i audio - no i have not tried .....

looking at the specifications ....its not enough ...u will not be able to increase the volume beyond a certain level ....clipping probs ......look for speaker sensitivity .... 89 to 90 DB ...... that may just do it ...

additional amp ...not possible ....the option to connect it does not exist in PM5003.....

wait for some more time ....increase your budget and buy a amp with more power ....then u can choose and connect a wide range of speakers without worrying about all these ......
As far as specs go, we do pair these floorstanders with AVRs which claim 100watts plus. Do you think these AVRs actually deliver that kind of power? I am not saying pm5003 is the only amp he should go for, but its 36W can certainly do a far better job of driving floorstanders if budget AVRs can do it.

@iaudio -

like i said speaker sensitivity ....but looking at his room size of 20X16 ....he may have to reach out to the volume button .... budget of 50 to 60 K ....can go for better options

Cooldude, I am in agreement with that. for the said budget he can look at other amps too which sound equally good or better, with more power.
I think OP favors pm5003 as he liked it with his audition paired with a certain speaker. If OP likes the sound signature, he can go for pm7003 or other more powerful brothers of the marantz line up.
Try the Psb image series floorstanders too.
Btw, why dont you give TL speakers a shot? Search for nibbanna audio.

If bass is not everything for you, then consider Monitor Audio BR5 or higher. Perhaps their silver series.

If bass is a priority, then probably Wharfedale 10.5/10.6/9.8 or so or maybe even Polk LSI

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back