Which Av reciever to buy???

Saroj

Hi all,
I have pioneer Andrew Jones speaker and had them paired with pioneer lx 302 reciever. The reciever didn't last for 18 months and died. Further had bad experience with Hyderabad based asc who kept the reciever for 45 days and couldn't repair. Sent to Mumbai asc who repaired and sent. Unfortunately repair wasn't proper and the reciever didn't start. Then the lockdown struck.

I am honestly tired of pioneer. Now I am looking to buy marantz 5014 or yamaha 584. Need help which of the two would pair better with my speakers. Attached the pictures.

I am looking for better make reciever which has a better life. Any help suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards
Saroj

Attachments

• IMG-20200509-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200509-WA0002.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20200509-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200509-WA0000.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-20200509-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200509-WA0001.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 28
Hi all,
I have pioneer Andrew Jones speaker and had them paired with pioneer lx 302 reciever. The reciever didn't last for 18 months and died. Further had bad experience with Hyderabad based asc who kept the reciever for 45 days and couldn't repair. Sent to Mumbai asc who repaired and sent. Unfortunately repair wasn't proper and the reciever didn't start. Then the lockdown struck.

I am honestly tired of pioneer. Now I am looking to buy marantz 5014 or yamaha 584. Need help which of the two would pair better with my speakers. Attached the pictures.

I am looking for better make reciever which has a better life. Any help suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards
Saroj
Electronics are like that and not brand specific. Do you use any protection like a servo Stabilizer or a good power conditioner.

Yes I use a stabilizer vguard dIGI 200
Sorry to say but vgaurd is not a good product for protecting your HT gears. One of my friend has voltage fluctuation at his place and his marantz 6012 blew. The vgaurd did not help.Please go through the links below. Since you have blown your pioneer I would recommend you invest in proper protection before getting a new avr

Hi all,

Regards
Saroj

How good are the pioneer speakers?
Are you refering to the Yamaha RXV 584...if yes the RXV 585 is here already

Hi all,

Regards
Saroj

Your speakers would pair well with both brands, however marantz 5014 would be an better choice.

Life of an electronic gadget depend on luck too, but do invest in good protection as advised by other fellow members.

Cheers
Siju

Your speakers would pair well with both brands, however marantz 5014 would be an better choice.

Life of an electronic gadget depend on luck too, but do invest in good protection as advised by other fellow members.

Cheers
Siju
Thanks

Electronics are like that and not brand specific. Do you use any protection like a servo Stabilizer or a good power conditioner.
Yes, but there are several infamous ones which are not properly designed and has higher possibility to fail than others. I personally also believe in the luck in electronics as any brand can fail, but I can clearly say the tx nr x0x series onkyo had some years back we’re all having the same fault. The failing hdmi board due to a faulty dts chip onkyo used in them. I was baffled by the amount of complaints on this thing over forums after my tx nr 609 failed after a year of use with a servo stabilizer. (Vertex)

the same vertex is Connected a arcam p80 power amp, a arcam a80 integrated and a CD player. Only the onkyo failed, and the onkyo failed not because of power fluctuation but of overheating dts chip!

to say I still like onkyos sound though two units had already failed on me.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Regards
Saroj

Are these your surround speakers in a HT or is this a Stereo setup? Usually AJ designs need a beefy amp even though the driver in this speaker is 4". If this is a stereo system then look for a good beefy system or a good Pre+Power amp setup. I have heard these speakers with a receiver as well as with a Pre+power setup. There was no comparison. They rocked in a Stereo setup with a poweramp.

MaSh

Hi all,

Regards
Saroj
Sent pm.

I got my pioneer repaired. And it's back finally. Planning to sell it but unable to post. Any idea why?

I got my pioneer repaired. And it's back finally. Planning to sell it but unable to post. Any idea why?
Hi. You have to reach some minimum standards of the forum to be able to post. Please read up on the forum rules and regulations.

Are these your surround speakers in a HT or is this a Stereo setup? Usually AJ designs need a beefy amp even though the driver in this speaker is 4". If this is a stereo system then look for a good beefy system or a good Pre+Power amp setup. I have heard these speakers with a receiver as well as with a Pre+power setup. There was no comparison. They rocked in a Stereo setup with a poweramp.

MaSh
This is a surround set up.

Now I have zeroed on 2 recievers based on my budget. Yamaha rxv 585 with warranty and bill 54k. Marantz 5014 without bill and warranty 58k .

I need suggestion from the experienced users. Which would be a better choice and why? Is it worth taking risk with marantz.

My usage is 70-80% music. I am located at Hyderabad

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back