Which AVR for the PSB X2T? Help Please!!

Doomster69

Hi Guys..

Thanks for the inputs...Really helpful...

Decided on buying a pair of X2Ts in the next week or so...absolutely love the sound...needed help choosing an AVR to drive these...not looking to set up a pre+power amp setup. The dealer mentioned i should go for the NAD (t757) to drive these..bit i dont like the AVR - has limited options (bluetooth/wifi, etc)..dealer mentioned that something like a x2100 would keep tripping out due to load/lack of power and its preferable to have atleast a 40-60 watt dedicated channel to drive the speakers to their true potential..he's hard selling the NAD but i honestly dont like the product features...!!

as i mentioned, i need an integrated AVR solution under 1 lac...So between

Denon - X2100, X3100

Onkyo - TX NR 737

Marantz - SR6009

which ones would be a good fit? Ive read the specs but not sure what the site mentions as the dedicated wattage per channel!! As ive come to know, these no.s are usually "cooked"

I'm really keen on buying the PSBs. But if im not convinced about the AVR+Speaker marriage working out..(divorce means more money :p)
In fact if its such a hassle to pair up, id rather go with the Paradigm's 11's with a Denon X2100 - used the same pairing for demo, sounded great..!!

Do anyone have experience of using AVRs with a similar speaker? Would these have heating, tripping issues if paired with the power hungry X2Ts?

Big thanks to all for your suggestions!! :)

Im evaluating Denon X3100 (95k), Onkyo 828 (90-100K) and Marantz SR6009 (80k) for the PSB X2T FS speakers, without any power amp attached.

Here are a few considerations:

- Onkyo has a marginally muffled sound compared to Denon & the AccuEQ is not that great either. Read on issues with the HDMI boards soldering coming off due to heating for predecessor models. Yet, in terms of features (ATMOS & 135w/channel) & price on offer, Onkyo seems like a loaded option for the price.

- Marantz isnt known to be bright enough for movies though is a clear winner for music. SR 6009 is also high on features (wireless & otherwise). The upside with Marantz is the Audyssey XT, general overall reliability and will balance the sound of the PSBs. My 2 concerns - heard of issues where the unit would be "hanging" alot & that its 110 watt/channel. But "spirovious" mentions its worth the try.

- Denon AVr X3100 is fully loaded on features and is a good choice for movies & music alike. Considering its a slightly bass heavy AVR and that X2Ts have somewhat lacking bass (compared to Paradigm 11s), this may work out to be a better match. An Audyssey Gold advanced DSP & delhi based after sales service office is a big plus. Only concern - given the Marantz and Onkyo, this one is on the higher price (95k) bracket with lower output per channel 105 watts per channel. The Denon dealer says the 105 is "pure & raw output" unlike the others - whatever that means!!

Dropped the NAD option - low features & almost 1.25k

Any suggestions would be welcome on WHICH ONE IS SUITABLE - please consider the observations as well.

Big thanks to all

The Denon X3100 & Marantz SR 6009 feature Audyssey Multi EQ XT version... You can consider Onkyo TX NR 929 (if still aval), it is an 9.2 AVR with Audyssey Multi EQ XT32.... (or)

You can conisder Denon X 4100/ Marantz SR 7009 which has XT32...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back