mukesh soni

I want to buy

CD player WITH USB

must have function USB

Max budget 40 k

cheaper is better

Marantz CD6004 is 1 option

Any cd player other than Marantz CD6004

Some of them with USB options are listed below.

Teac CD-P650
Sherwood CDC5506
Yamaha CDS300BL
Denon DCD520AE CD Player (even though non-USB, it plays MP3's)
Denon DCD720AE CD Player

All the above seems to be on your budget what you need to go for. Google further, get a demo (if possible) and take it from there. All may not be available in India. But you may want to still find out the source to get from.

For something cheap try Pioneer it has USB and costs less than 5000/-
Which Pioneer CD player costs only 5000 and has USB? Please let me know the model. Or do you mean DVD player? Its very unlikely a pure CD player will cost only 5000 and that too a brand like Pioneer.

I have a "Marantz CD6003" which has USB. I've tested it with pen drive 16Gb. What I like most is to play my 160Gb iPod Classic! through this USB port. It even recognize the Marantz Remote to traverse the tracks. Another thing I noticed that the sonic quality through this USB is better than the stereo output from the iPod.

@Hemant:
It doesn't play FLAC, M4A, but plays mp3 & WAV, lossy WMA formats.
It doesn't accept External HDD - NTFS Formatted

Hi,

i think you can go ahead with marantz pm6004 cd player. it is known to be too good at this price point.

earlier i read somewhere that hifi companies may be launching new models og cd players later this year which will support flac also.

you can also explore the option of a pioneer blueray player plus good dedicated dacs.

Regards, Amit

Cd6004 is the best in that segment. It even plays alac(apple lossless) from my ipod classic 160gb but beware the 6004 in comparison with older 6 series sounds a bit brighter!used to own cd6002 which was so warm and welcoming!...now my yaqin mc 10l takes care of audio and room warmth!:p

Which Pioneer CD player costs only 5000 and has USB? Please let me know the model. Or do you mean DVD player? Its very unlikely a pure CD player will cost only 5000 and that too a brand like Pioneer.

You are right, it is a DVD player DV-3032KV which has a USB slot but does not play most files.

yeah,All may not be available in India. But you may want to still find out the source to get from.
6.gif

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back