Which center and rear from my Dali Zensor 5

sandeeprawat

Hi fellow FMs,

Due to covid situation, HT upgrade has bitten me.

I currently have VSX823 Pioneer + Zensor 5 + BIC PL200 and looking for a centre and rear to make it a 5.1 system. Looking for valuable suggestions from FMs here.
Budget for center <25k rear <20k (cheaper the better as I don't see these being used very often to be honest)

As per my research so far I think it's better to have center from same family (Zensor Vokal in my case) but it doesn't seem to be easily available now a days. Any alternatives?

For rear, should I go for satellite speakers or it may ve a good investment to get cheaper bookshelf (Mission LX1, BA A25, BS22)

Thanks in advance for the help

It's not an absolute necessity to timber match the center. But Zensor Vocal is a really great center - so my vote goes there. It was available until recently. Maybe lockdown has exhausted the stock. Check with dealers in your city - they will surely restock it.
For rear, what's your budget? Assuming it to be approximately of the same budget as your center, I'd again suggest a pair of Alteco C1s. Although the Altecos are considered as Atmos speakers, those work great as surrounds - maybe better due to their unconventional design. Doesn't come really cheap - but you won't regret your investment. Speaking from personal experience!

Hi fellow FMs,

I currently have VSX823 Pioneer + Zensor 5 + BIC PL200 and looking for a centre and rear to make it a 5.1 system. Looking for valuable suggestions from FMs here.
Budget for center <25k rear <20k (cheaper the better as I don't see these being used very often to be honest)

As per my research so far I think it's better to have center from same family (Zensor Vokal in my case) but it doesn't seem to be easily available now a days. Any alternatives?

For rear, should I go for satellite speakers or it may ve a good investment to get cheaper bookshelf (Mission LX1, BA A25, BS22)

Hi fellow FMs,

Hi I have used Zensor 5 as fronts with Vokal as centre for quiet long time ,later then upgraded to Emotiva Airmotiv C1 center speaker,which is comparitively better than vokal.Also Airmotiv E1 and Zensor 1 as surrounds.
Only problem in your case I guess is,since C1 is 4ohms rated ,i doubt whether your AVR can handle it or not.

If budget permits check for Dali Oberon series center.

Hi fellow FMs,

Zensor Series has been discontinued since quite some time now. You maybe lucky if some dealer has new old stock. There are some zensor series speakers for sale by fm @rajivaryan1984 you could check with him.

I have heard the Dali Obberon Vokals with Yamaha Avr, and they are a bit more refined than Zensor vokals.

Can you please clarify about what you mean to say about centre Ch not being used very often, unless I have misunderstood something here. Centre Ch is one of the most important part of the HT setup and I would say that it would be preferable to have matching LCR, but not absolutely necessary.

Zensor Series has been discontinued since quite some time now. You maybe lucky if some dealer has new old stock. There are some zensor series speakers for sale by fm @rajivaryan1984 you could check with him.

I have heard the Dali Obberon Vokals with Yamaha Avr, and they are a bit more refined than Zensor vokals.

Can you please clarify about what you mean to say about centre Ch not being used very often, unless I have misunderstood something here. Centre Ch is one of the most important part of the HT setup and I would say that it would be preferable to have matching LCR, but not absolutely necessary.
Thanks Rajith, Barun, Mash for suggestions

Thanks Mayank
By centre not being used i just meant that we don't really spend too much time on movies (or even HT for that matter) so don't want to spend too much unnecessarily, just want to stay within a reasonable budget.

Hi I have used Zensor 5 as fronts with Vokal as centre for quiet long time ,later then upgraded to Emotiva Airmotiv C1 center speaker,which is comparitively better than vokal.Also Airmotiv E1 and Zensor 1 as surrounds.
Only problem in your case I guess is,since C1 is 4ohms rated ,i doubt whether your AVR can handle it or not.

If budget permits check for Dali Oberon series center.
Thanks Rajith. This looks intersting. I'll check it out. My avr definitely not rated for 4 ohms but if I never play at max volume is there still any probability of burning avr? Also would it sound good enough or not in your opinion?

How about Elac Debut 2 c5.2?

@RajithKumar where did you purchase Emotiva C1 from? I checked at a few places and all seems to be out of stock.

Last edited:
RTiA1 and CSiA 4 are available on classified section from different FM. You may contact them. Polk RTiA series may be a good match for Dali Zenser as both are little bright or you may wait till your requirement gets on classified section. Wait and have patience.....

Hi,I got Emotiva C1 from Home Cinema ,Bangalore -Mr.Rajesh -9900020149 around 10 months back. Now C1 has been replaced with newer model C1+ .Check with him ,for availability of stock if any.
I'm not sure about ur AVR handling ..In case if u have plan of AVR with preout options, upgrade in future ,then its a wise call.
Also one more option, Since u r based at Bangalore ,u can take ur AVR to Home cinema ,in case if they have any demo of the same,just to ensure hows its performance and capability of driving.
Sound - Yes its one of the best center in that price category IMO,&3 way design too. (I have compared it with Polk CSI A6 & SVS Prime center ).To me ,EmotivaC1 has a better refinement and tonality and matches well with Dali zensor 5 ,but i doubt about polk csiA4/a6 /svs prime center since the tonality is some what different.
However if u have option of checking with different centers ,then it is a better option to select the right center based on your hearing preference.

Just try & see if you can get Zensor 5 for Center & surrounds.. Consistent sound across the room..

Just try & see if you can get Zensor 5 for Center & surrounds.. Consistent sound across the room..
Get the same speakers for all channels, it’s too annoying to have a non seamless transition even if speakers are very good of their own but of different brands or series. Earlier some of the receivers used to have eq for each channel which was a useful feature to match the timbre to some extent. I don’t know if audessey can have individual channel freq adjustment.

Get the same speakers for all channels, it’s too annoying to have a non seamless transition even if speakers are very good of their own but of different brands or series. Earlier some of the receivers used to have eq for each channel which was a useful feature to match the timbre to some extent. I don’t know if audessey can have individual channel freq adjustment.
I doubt Zensor 5 can be used as center. They are floorstanding.

Bumping up to get opinion on rear speakers.
Already bought my center (Oberon Vokal)

Need suggestions on whether it makes any sense to spend 20K on rear or should I just get cheaper BIC DV32, OR taga 806s etc <10K range.

If you have Oberon, then don't go for cheaper options for rear. Look at the 20-25k range. If you want to have heights, you can go for cheaper options.

If you have Oberon, then don't go for cheaper options for rear. Look at the 20-25k range. If you want to have heights, you can go for cheaper options.
Ordered Zensor 1 to match my Zensor 5 front.

I guess now time to hunt for Atmos AVR and Height speakers :p :p .Covid is turning out to be expensive for Audio Hobbyists.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back