Which Courier company's for transporting Audio Gear.

kane

Hello Everyone,

I have often found that sometimes a piece of Audio hardware is available with a seller in perhaps another state etc. and that makes it difficult to purchase as not all of the courier companies handle gear well.

Can forum members share any experiences of the good and bad companies that would transport gear like Speakers, Avr's etc.

I believe smaller items are easier as they can be packed well.

Would be good to have one such list of Preferable courier companies.

Thanks.

thumbrule says all are equally bad or good, whichever way you look.
what does work immensely is how much effort is taken in packing the equipment, be it even with original packing, still extra amount of protection material is must to ensure atleast 99% of time the package is received in sound condition
most important of all is use of common sense whilst packing as that is something most of us do not have including courier guys!

thumbrule says all are equally bad or good, whichever way you look.
what does work immensely is how much effort is taken in packing the equipment, be it even with original packing, still extra amount of protection material is must to ensure atleast 99% of time the package is received in sound condition
most important of all is use of common sense whilst packing as that is something most of us do not have including courier guys!

True that. as not always when we use more packing material, safer the contents will be. it may at times be counter productive. anyways thats a topic that deserves a thread of its own. ( bubble wrap, newspapers, foam sheets etc)

Most companies ignore the Fragile sticker and still handle goods with same care or rather lack of it as they do for regular shipments. I have had good luck with fed ex ( but have used them only once ) so maybe i was lucky

but would good to know others experiences as well.

For anything DTDC surface is fine / of-course it is cheaper too.

Everybody handle the courier box in same way... Throw..roll around... So whatever the good you pack in well to withstand the same, fine with any courier.

I have always used DTDC for all packages, big or small.
I've received heavy items by Gati also. No issues.
It's not just about the courier company, the packing needs to be done with care.
Good packing is always worth the time and effort.
I would say FedEx and Firstflight are also good having received items through them.

Last edited:
Use overnight services for any gear that needs careful handling.
Whenever it takes longer it goes into a warehouse where packages are thrown around.

I use DTDC's PLUS service which delivers next day.

But yes you just have to use bullet proof packing to protect your gear.
I now use flight cases to transport my amps for example - highly recommended.

Regards.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back