Which DTH worked in Chennai rains

mathan

So it was pouring in Chennai last week and most of the DTH service was lost I beleive. I had two connections in my home. Airtel HD and Tatasky HD. Airtel worked flawless in moderate rains but went out in heavy rains and when there was too much of cloud coverage. Tatasky did not work most of the time even in small drizzle. So Airtel was good for me. How about other service providers like Videocon, Dish etc... Please let us know how good it worked in rains last week in Chennai.

You can not escape from this problem in DTH but some what we can handle this by using big dish then signal will be strong and it will cover in rains also.

I am not sure if big dish could solve the problem. The DTH providers would have done that if that was the case.

Airtel worked flawlessly except for few seconds delay in reception when the rain catches heavily.

I am happy with Sun DTH, it worked when it rained heavily too... Very few time i faced minutes of disruption( just less than 2 to 3 minutes)...Looks like when they are in political power they choose some sophisticated satellite transmission + equipments.

I am happy with Sun DTH, it worked when it rained heavily too... Very few time i faced minutes of disruption( just less than 2 to 3 minutes)...Looks like when they are in political power they choose some sophisticated satellite transmission + equipments.

LOL, ofcourse yes :)

One thing that is surprising is, in USA the DTH service is steady even in big rain and snow ( I travel for work couple of month's in a year). I think it was mostly comcost or DirectTV that used to provide the service. Even when it rained heavily for hours there was no disruption in service. Does that mean that only obselete and compromised quality of equipment is provided here?

I dont know everybody knows this... In most of hospitals in India, none of the machines were new, all are imported seconds which were obsoleted from the western countries.. This should be applicable too for this items too.

May be No.1 is tamilnadu metrological department, if they say rain will come, it never rains and if they tell no rains, it will rain... So may in their radar still they have not changed their setting which were supplied from western countries;)

One thing that is surprising is, in USA the DTH service is steady even in big rain and snow ( I travel for work couple of month's in a year). I think it was mostly comcost or DirectTV that used to provide the service. Even when it rained heavily for hours there was no disruption in service. Does that mean that only obselete and compromised quality of equipment is provided here?

Airtel worked flawlessly except for few seconds delay in reception when the rain catches heavily.

Videocon DTH was pretty similar to the above post. Lucky there was signal otherwise it would have been a very boring weekend with heavy down pour and water logging everywhere :clapping::yahoo::eek:hyeah:

I dont know everybody knows this... In most of hospitals in India, none of the machines were new, all are imported seconds which were obsoleted from the western countries.. This should be applicable too for this items too.

May be No.1 is tamilnadu metrological department, if they say rain will come, it never rains and if they tell no rains, it will rain... So may in their radar still they have not changed their setting which were supplied from western countries;)

Yes, I agree even laptops mostly obselete ones are sold as new whereas in USA you can buy a high ended laptop for $400 the same would not be available in India and something less than that configuration would be priced crazily for around Rs.1 lakh.

Check strength and quality of signals. It can be done through "organiser" menu. If the signal quality is not optimum, get it fixed through Tatasky helpline.
If the dish is optimized to receive best signal quality, outage problem will be eliminated to great extent although not completely ruled out because if the signal strength is on the borderline, you might not notice any quality loss in the picture during clear weather but possibility of outage will increase drastically in the rainy weather.
Rgds

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back