Which flat panel has the longest warranty and offers AMC?

arnprasad

Hi All,

My 3 years old Samsung 5 series LCD seems to have a dead panel. I will call an engineer today to have a look. Assuming the worst and given the fact that I have to buy a new TV soon, please answer the following:

(1) which flat panel comes with the longest warranty? My samsung came with 1 year and Panny I guess is 3 yrs
(2) which flat panel tv manufacturers provides extended warranty or AMC post initial warranty period?
(3) for some one who is not a videophile, but does care about quality which flat panel offers bang for the buck in terms of size and quality vs price? I do not care about Kuro like quality or blackest blacks and all that , but would rather have a tv that lasts atleast 5 years with a covered warranty to cover any exigencies.

Panny Plasmas with 3 year warranty are the best to ensure at least they last 5 years???

Thanks in advance for all your help

Only Toshiba LCD/LEDs and Panasonic Plasmas come with 3 year warranty.
Rest all come with 1 year warranty.
I am not sure if manufacturers provide extended warranty, but stores like Croma, Reliance Digital, etc provide them.

Only Toshiba LCD/LEDs and Panasonic Plasmas come with 3 year warranty.
Rest all come with 1 year warranty.
I am not sure if manufacturers provide extended warranty, but stores like Croma, Reliance Digital, etc provide them.

I just called Samsung service for an engineer visit and they are now providing 3 year warranty - costs around 12K for a 46 incher for 3 years. This is something new they have introduced as when I checked two years back they said they had nothing.

I was going through a different forum on net and somehow I liked a user's comments. narrating in my words:

"Think of an flat tv as a disposable item. once you cross the manufacturer's warranty, if the tv goes bad, then it's guaranteed that you will able to buy a better set for less money than to repair it" So just use for as long it works and simply throw it for a new one. :D

LG tvs come with 1 year warranty by default and you can additionally purchase either yearly or at one go an additional coverage for 2nd, 3rd and 4th year. What more if LG finds you have multiple LG products eligible for extended warranty they even offer you discount on this extended quotation. However ther eis one research I made when I bought my panasonic flat panel. Cost of a LG Plasma + 2nd and 3rd year warranty is almost same as panasonic tv of same size with 3 years default warranty. OF course the panasonic had better PQ and hence I bought the Pana.

After mine started having minor problems at 2 years I am planning a panasonic plasma. Three years warranty by default.

If branded companies like samy,panny,sony,lg etc panels are failing then models like sansui,videocon,aoc,onida etc what will be the performance/guarantee.my uncle who purchased 32 panny lcd exactly after 3year ie warranty period his bad luck the panel got damaged when asked the technician he said there are many models coming int he mkt that to get the spares is difficult to repair it the amount will be 15k and he bought it at around 35k 3 years back, now he has gone back to CRT.

Regarding electronics failing - its part of the game - but what pained me was the fact that three years back..Samsung gave only one year warranty with no AMC - that was the cruel part.

If these companies really think they make quality equipment then they should give additional warranty for a price.

Regarding new tvs replacing old ones..same story with me again..my 5 series 46incher cost me 75K three years back. today assuming they still sell a similar TV it will cost closer to 50K. But when they charge you for replacing your old panel - since they are not in production - they charge exhorbitant rates...

like metallica said - SAD BUT TRUE

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back