Which Indian online photo printing site is the best

haisaikat

All,
I want feedbacks from you on the best India online photo printing site. If you have used services of any such site please do post your reviews of the same.

There are lots of them that I can see on google like zoomin, etc.

The features I am looking for are
1. Printing of all sizes (my local shop has limitation of 18x12) although for home more than 18x12 is hardly required
2. Making pictures ready to hang on wall with lamination / hook / board pasting etc
3. If they can charge on a per picture (or smaller groups) basis it is great since some sites I found requires me to purchase 24+ print package in advance before proceeding with printing
4. Should be cost effective
5. Good quality
6. If they provide re-touch facility it will be great, this is specifically if I have old damaged pics that I want them to mend using photoshop, etc of course at suitable charges.

Thanks in advance, please provide your opinions and suggestions.

I have printed from snapfish.in and another service from bangalore, cant recall the name now but will get you the name later.

Both of them provide printsbof various sizes and media. I havent seen any restriction around the min number to be printed, but it may make sense to club same size prints to keep shipping costs ecomomical.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

any idea on costs per print? what about the quality? I mean is it worth from getting printed from them instead of local photo studios?

With digital things are getting tricky. During the good'ol analog days colors were top notch, as there were only two major paper types. Glossy and Matt. Now with so many choices of media being printed on including various types of paper, quality has taken a hit. Specially if you print large. I had to buy my own printer in the end to satisfactorily print my photos with colors as I wanted. So, if you print a lot of photos, buy your own printer. It will be expensive than mass market prints, but much better. However, that applies only on large prints. Common print sizes (PC, 4x6, 5x7) most run-o-the-mill photos labs will do a good job.

Among the printing services, I have used Snapfish, both in India and USA. Quality is top notch in USA. However, in India quality is just average.

What printing service you should choose, depends on the size and quantity. For regular sizes and day-to-day quantity, common labs are better. However, for non-standard sizes and photo products (such as mugs, shirts, books and other gift-able items), a service such as Snapfish is the way to go.

One upside to online services is that often there are promotions such as x number of free prints, or promotion codes etc. So they can be economical if you pay attention. However, personally for me, when printing photos quality comes first. I cannot live with inferior quality photos that will potentially will be cherished by my child and help him connect with the past.

With digital things are getting tricky. During the good'ol analog days colors were top notch, as there were only two major paper types. Glossy and Matt. Now with so many choices of media being printed on including various types of paper, quality has taken a hit. Specially if you print large. I had to buy my own printer in the end to satisfactorily print my photos with colors as I wanted. So, if you print a lot of photos, buy your own printer. It will be expensive than mass market prints, but much better. However, that applies only on large prints. Common print sizes (PC, 4x6, 5x7) most run-o-the-mill photos labs will do a good job.

Among the printing services, I have used Snapfish, both in India and USA. Quality is top notch in USA. However, in India quality is just average.

What printing service you should choose, depends on the size and quantity. For regular sizes and day-to-day quantity, common labs are better. However, for non-standard sizes and photo products (such as mugs, shirts, books and other gift-able items), a service such as Snapfish is the way to go.

One upside to online services is that often there are promotions such as x number of free prints, or promotion codes etc. So they can be economical if you pay attention. However, personally for me, when printing photos quality comes first. I cannot live with inferior quality photos that will potentially will be cherished by my child and help him connect with the past.

so going my what you say, none of the Indian printing sites are top notch ?

so going my what you say, none of the Indian printing sites are top notch ?

I didn't say/mean that. I have not tried all printing sites operating in India, so I am not qualified to comment on all of them.

I saw Snapfish quality. Snapfish is one of the most reputed worldwide, if not the most reputed. If Snapfish quality was any indication then well... But, some FMs seem to have had good experience. So it could worth be a try.

Also, keep in mind, quality of printing on common sizes and not so common sizes can vary greatly. So, if you plan on printing odd sizes, you should be extra careful.

Any feedbacks / pros / cons would be helpful

Following was my observation

Pros of snapfish
-various media available for printing
-useable by common folks
-gives offers during various festivals

Pros of canvera
-provides various services for photographers
-provides photoshop templates for photo album layouts
-provides installable application for editing and layouts
-can send photos on a cd for printing

I am not sure if these companies are targeting the same customers. I am also unsure how to calibrate the colors/contrast on my screen with the printer. When we give to a local shop, they can adjust the contrast as required for their printer. Having the ability to create my own albums is what i like very much with the online vendors.

Disclaimer
This is just my experience, others may agree/disagree
I haven't printed anything this year, so I am not sure what may have changed in the last 8 months

Last edited:
HP's snapfish. They do their stuff in a Goa based factory. Quality and service is quite good. Much cheaper than local photographer. I've used them 3-4 times so far. I usually do it once every 7-8 months.

Has anyone printed in laminated / canvas form which are ready to be hanged from any of these sites?

Also does anyone provide retouch facility for old / damaged pics?

I have been using ZoomIn. Reasonably good site, have deals once in a while, support all kind of formats (incl. some good canvas), quick delivery and good quality.

Even I have also seen the zoomin giving offers, had no idea of the quality, good that you mentioned.

They have Luminous prints with a nice shine to the pictures. Kind of cool. Bit costly, though.

In my experience Zoomin is the best here. I have been using their service for more than 3 years now. Good print quality and also better color reproduction (than local color labs). Very fast processing and quick delivery.

Thanks,
Bibin

Last edited:
I've only taken prints and calendars from snapfish. Calendars for 3 years now. Looking forward to creating the next one in Dec.

For editing old pics, local studios should be there. We have a local studio that does a good job restoring and coloring.

Has anyone printed in laminated / canvas form which are ready to be hanged from any of these sites?

Also does anyone provide retouch facility for old / damaged pics?

I have done canvas prints from snapfish and they are good quality. But they did not come ready to be hanged. Had to build a frame.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back