Which is Best From Denon X-1000 & E-300/yamaha Rxv 575/Onkyo 525

rjg

Hi Everybody.
I am new to this forum.I request you all to give your expert advice & suggestions for selecting me Avr & Speakers for the same.
Avr & Speakers for use in my bedroom size (15''*12'').

I will use that for Movies/Tv 75% & Music 25% (Hindi film songs/classical instrumental & Western symphony orchestral Music)

My Budget for Avr Is Rs 30,000/ Maximum.

This are the 4 Avr short listed by me.This are all 2013 new Models.

1)Denon x-1000 $ 400 & E- 300 $ 350
2)Yamaha Rxv-575 $ 500
3)Onkyo Tx NR 525 $ 375.

I Will be connecting this Avr to my Sony Bravia 42'' W 674 A With computer.
I dont want more than 5.1 channel & Out put will be around 75 watt per channel will be more than sufficient for my room size...As i will be connecting computor also i dont need wifi/internate/usb/Air play type of features which i will not be using as it will be supported by Tv & computer setup.

Connections:- This is my basic need at present.

1)Set Top box which is not Hd but Sd.
2)Blu ray Players in future with Hdmi.(Presently using usb drive for Movies.)
3)Computer with Hdmi.
4) Tv With Hdmi.

I will be using for Movies/Music Listning. Please suggest me which is best among this or any other Model or Brand near same budget as i will be getting this from Dubai.

Now please also need help for the speakers Which i have to buy from Mumbai Localy.Any suggested place in Mumbai for Demo.
Preferably BS & centre for front (for Music purpose) & Bs or Sattelite for rear but that i will purchase after some times.I am open for 5.1Satelite surround systum also if they fulfil my requirement within the my budget of Rs. 35,000/-.

Please I request you all FM To help me in sellecting right Avr & speakers combination.....With The all your kind Advice & help i will be able to make right choice.

Thanking you all in Advance...

Rajubhai.

Last edited:
Hi Everybody on this forum.....
I need your help for Avr & Speakers Sellection.....
Nobody responded so far?

Is There anything wrong in my question?P lease correct me if i am wrong? because as per my knowledge you all FM Always helping out novice or not technicaly qualified person like me....

So please try to give some input which will be highly appriciated.

Thanking you Once again.

Rajubhai.

for cinema onkyo is good,but at the same time here it is overpriced.
now just buy a centre and a bs pair..btw never compromise centre as your use is 75 % cinema
speaker is very personal choice,hear diff brands with onkyo and decide
and upgrade to hd stb as soon as possible
onk/klipsch is fantastic for cinema..anyway thats personal..please demo

and relax today is sunday,everyone is relaxing,only good for nothing perosns like me are online...

Last edited:
Thank you Dear Prosonjit...

Well Today i have recieved information from FM that new Pioneer fs bs 52
is going to launch here in india this month so i am realy very heppy as this is one of the best speakes with 5 star reviews...

Regarding your advice for hd stb i have already use that for 10 days as Trial
From Microvision cables here in Mumbai.....But surprisingly, they them selves after checking Video quality of Sd stb on my Sony Bravia new model kdl 42'' W 674A compare to HD Formate there was very little difference in video quality which is hardly make any differenc with their hd stb. so they advice me to not to go for hd stb otherwise actualy there is no problem for going hd on stb as we are always prefer viewing hd and bluray format.

Thank you for your kind advice and hope, in future also you will guide and give youe expert advice to me whenever need with humble request...

Regards

Rajubhai

Last edited:
dont go by reviews..it is the biggest fault..
hear it..to know it
diff speakers behave diffrently with diff avr..so demo as many as possible and choose..

well hd stb will offer u tru 6 ch Dolby sound thats why i suggested..not for video..

Polk TSi200 for front and CS10 for center. They make a good pair with the Onkyo. I am using a TSI400 + CS10 combo with Onkyo 616. For sub you can go with PSW110 For rears you can go for TSi 100 later on. If budget permits, look at the Velodyne Impact 10 for the sub

Thank you dear Prosonjit.... for bringing in my notice re surround soud for hd stb which i was't aware of so i will be deffinatly go for Hd stb.

I am realy interested in Pioneer but as you guided me for demo of other speakers and with diff avr i will deffinetly do that.
My Room area 15'' By 12'' so i am looking either fs or bs for front with centre.

Thanx Again....

Rajubhai

Thank you dear Tanmayj....
I will deffinatly take care of your valued advice...

At present i havent' decided about which avr i am going with...i am confused between Denon x1000/ yamaha rxv 575/Onkyo 525. THIS ALL ARE NEW LINE UP OF 2013.
So it will take some time for final deccision...
Regarding budget..... maximum for Avr & speakers will be Rs 70,000/-
I may get avr from abroad Dubai or Singapore.... so i might save some amount which i will spend additional on my Speaker setup.

Regards...
Rajubhai.

go step by step..
a mid quality sub will cost you alone 35k for 15 feet room..
so pateience is the key.
now avr and centre,fronts only..

no fs for entry level avr..do bs now and sub later..and its good also as ur main use is cinema..fs not needed..

Dear Prosenjit... well i think there s little confusion re my classification of percentages of my use of Movies 75% & Music 25%.I am sorry for confussion.

NOW please read Moveis 50% Music 50%.

Now re whatever i listed Avr is i think Midrange and not Entry level according to my knowledge and pl correct me if i am wrong.

My requirement will be 75+ watt per channel which will fullfil my requirement according to some of other Thread on forum so pl advice me to sellect which Avr model and why? I will prefer New Model from Dubai...
As i will be connecting Computer also thats why i don't wants aditional features like wifi/Network/airplay/usb as i my computor Tv both support all those features which i will not be using only USB for music and Movies.
Thats why i am going with midrange AVR those extra features & will save money also....Pl correct me if i am wrong....

Regards
Rajubhai

5 & Music. I A

Yes Dear Prosenjit...
I will be doing the same step by step But i Want to clear my mistake as My use will be movies & music both 50% each so sorry for confusion created on my part...

Now re Avr listed by me acording to me it might be midrange. As i will be connecting computer also i will not need wifi/network/internate/airplay type of extra features as i wan't be using those & they arere alrady on my Sony 42'' W 674A Tv & computer...
Intrested in Video upscaling features... I am trying to get avr from Dubai so i will save some money on that and i will like to invest on those for Speakers...PL correct me if i am wrong....

REGARDS
Rajubhai /QUOTE]

For a room size of 15 x 12 feet & watching movies, watching TV is primary then you are better off with a BS/Sub combo (or) satellite/Subwoofer combo....

Getting the AVR from middle east is the best you can do for yourself.... But without warranty & you save half the money :clapping:

Reg which AVR you need to buy..... Other than the models you have given, try to scout for Onkyo TX NR 616 (2012) models... The best money can buy for 25 - 30K...

BTW there isn't much of difference between 2012 & 2013 models.. Probably addition of few features that you may not use.. So don't worry...

Reg speakers, i have 3 suggestion shere

1) Sonodyne Sonus range of speakers.. Sonus 1501 + Sonus 2501 Center + Sonus rear diploes + Roaar range os subwoofers... Approx 40K....

2) You can look @ Sonodyne Genie series... Small tiny speakers that can complement your bedroom but impressive on performance of course easy on your pocket too... Approx 40K....

3) Sonodyne Avant range of speaker... Avant 150 as your left, right, surr left & surr right.. & Aavnt LCR250 as your center.... Expensive than the above two... But superior performance...

Thank You Very much Dear elengoas.....
Yes...Sonodyne is on my list reffer by one of my friend here in Mumbai music industry..He is very much confident about this and also promise me to arrange demo from Sonodyne as soon as possible...

So I realy Aprreciate your detail suggestion re sonodyne and will deffinetly look forward for demo of those listed above by you.

Thanking you for your expert and kind suggestion...

As regarding Avr i will be getting this from Dubai so i will take Demo Of Onkyo 616 also as suggested by you.
But here on this Forum... Most Members suggest FS or BS For Music Over Tiny sattelite....No Offence Pl.... Correct me if i am wrong....

Regards...
Rajubhai

Last edited:
But here on this Forum... Most Members suggest FS or BS For Music Over Tiny sattelite....No Offence Pl.... Correct me if i am wrong....

Regards...
Rajubhai

FS can reproduce music full bodied (Upto to 40 hz) than over tiny satellite speakers... Meaning you don't need a sub for stereo if you have FS...

But this will bring a controversial topic here.. 2.0 Vs 2.1

Itz one's personal choice... Some like with the sub, some without it...

Moreover for a bedroom, tiny speaker would be better as it won't take much space, aesthetically good..You can also listen to stereo in 2.1 (Casual listening)..Hence the suggestion...

Thank You Elengoas & Tanmayj....

Well MY personal choice for stereo or music is BS rather than Satellite so i will try to demo of your suggested sonodyne series..

I Have recieved some good reviews for Avr Denon x 2000 & yamaha rxv 575 both Model is of 2013.Yes, i agree i want be using those extra features..Like(Network/Wifi/Airplay/ipod/7.2 channel/extra zone/Mhl/4k Pass through)Thats why i am looking midrange Model.I will prefer Video Upscaling if it's worth.

I Will check up Onkyo 616..Also waiting for Pioneer FS/BS- SP BS 52 which is going to launch in India this month according to AV MAX.

I am unable to find Sonodyne AVANT 150 Series here in Mumbai for demo?.Also Looking for Wharfdale Diamond Seriers 10.1/2/3.Anyone who have use those Whorfdale Diamonds Series pl input your suggestions.

So its realy Time consuming process.....Needs Patience.....
Just doing my home work with the help of all of you FM... I Realy Thanks you ALL for kind help....

Regards
Rajubhai

Last edited:
I will prefer Video Upscaling if it's worth.

Yes.. It is good.. But this feature will be part of end of midrange AVR (or) High end AVR only....

As far as i know Onkyo TX NR 818 & upward models have Video up scaling feature... Also Yamaha Aventage Models RX A 1020 & 2020 have this feature...

These are expensive models...

We can expect this feature very soon to make entry in to midrange models in the next 2 years...

Hi AV Enthusiasts,

I have an Onkyo HTR590 Amp paired with SKF590 front speakers, The 7.1 experience is great. Just thinking if the performance can be enhanced by replacing SKF 590 front speakers with Yamaha Floor Standers NS8390. My primary usage is watching concert DVD & listening to music.

Thanx
SG

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back