Which is best one to go with Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 - Denon X2500H or Marantz 5012 ?

subbus

Hi Experts,

I am setting up a 5.1 system for my living room. I have already ordered Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 system. Now I am in dilemma for AVR between Denon X2500H or Marantz 5012. Both are in my budget (~60k). Specs are enough for me now since I am not going to upgrade in near future. Please share your expert opinions/thoughts for the AVR. Also suggest if there is any other AVR within my budget of 60k.

Thanks,
Subbu.

Pioneer has their service centers listed on their website.....before purchasing from a dealer offering a good deal....check on warranty aspects and service center.......there could be one closer to your location.

The post sales and service experience varies from person to person ...also depends on the level of the issue and proximity.......overall you would have read Good and Bad experiences of users posted all over Google

The Monitor audio MASS speakers are 84db /6ohm sensitive ; I'd suggest you to go for more powerful AVR (at least nearing 90wpc at 8ohm) , for optimum performance...

Pioneer has their service centers listed on their website.....before purchasing from a dealer offering a good deal....check on warranty aspects and service center.......there could be one closer to your location.

The post sales and service experience varies from person to person ...also depends on the level of the issue and proximity.......overall you would have read Good and Bad experiences of users posted all over Google
Sure will check on that

The Monitor audio MASS speakers are 84db /6ohm sensitive ; I'd suggest you to go for more powerful AVR (at least nearing 90wpc at 8ohm) , for optimum performance...
With those specs, I would highly recommend a separate multi-channel amplifier.
Most AVR manufacturers state their power specs driving two channels only and it generally comes down to 60-70% for all channels driven.
Whereas with the separate amplifier you are assured of 100wpc.
Moreover, the newer Class D designs are inexpensive and do the job well.

Most of htibs come with similar sensitivity of satellites.l had Onkyo HTS580 and with 100wpc,sensitivity around 85db,it used to be loud enough.

Most of htibs come with similar sensitivity of satellites
Yes I know that, Getting a big sound from a small speaker isn't easy task. Those onkyo satellites are relatively tiny and the quality of sound is just bearable. MA MASS, Dali Faizon, Focal, Qacoustics HTIBs are at a different level of refinement altogether.
These speakers have amazing audio resolutions for satellites, compared to the cheaper options I've used in the past (onkyo, pioneer and yamaha etc), they do shine with more power.

Can you please suggest me some models ?
I am driving them with Marantz AVR 7010, which is rated 165w at 6 ohm, and they perform well.
The main reason for buying this speakers apart from the price was the aesthetics and easy mountable options.
I'd suggest you to go for Yamaha or Onkyo AVR which mostly impresses with Raw Power and VFM deal. Yes look for 90wpc or more in my opinion.

If you are willing to go for pre-owned amp, some very good stuff comes up every now and then.

Yes I know that, Getting a big sound from a small speaker isn't easy task. Those onkyo satellites are relatively tiny and the quality of sound is just bearable. MA MASS, Dali Faizon, Focal, Qacoustics HTIBs are at a different level of refinement altogether.
These speakers have amazing audio resolutions for satellites, compared to the cheaper options I've used in the past (onkyo, pioneer and yamaha etc), they do shine with more power.

I am driving them with Marantz AVR 7010, which is rated 165w at 6 ohm, and they perform well.
The main reason for buying this speakers apart from the price was the aesthetics and easy mountable options.
I'd suggest you to go for Yamaha or Onkyo AVR which mostly impresses with Raw Power and VFM deal. Yes look for 90wpc or more in my opinion.
Sure. Thank you.
Marantz 7010 is out of budget by a lot :)

Back