Which MediaPlayer from US to buy (WDTV Live variants or Xtreamer New/Old or ACRyanHD)

max123_ind

Hi guys, I need a media player which can play most formats and MKVs without problems. HD audio would be a plus but not a dealbreaker.

I have seen posts on this forum that the old WDTV Live is better than WDTV Live Plus! so I'm assuming I gotta stick to old one if I must get from WDTV.

Also whaty about the Xtreamer Sidewinder? The new version supports all formats and is good enough? Or should I buy the older version?

Also the one which will have most firmware updates would be good IMO. Which one is better in these ?

Please advise.

Re: Which MediaPlayer from US to buy (WDTV Live variants or Xtreamer New/Old or ACRya

HI,

Why don't you consider Popcorn Hour C200 in my opinion thats the best.

Thanks

Re: Which MediaPlayer from US to buy (WDTV Live variants or Xtreamer New/Old or ACRya

+1 to Popcornhour , if not Playon HD2.

Thanks for the suggestion guys.

But the C200 is indeed a tank weighing 4 kgs and I can't expect my friend to get it for me :( (as the name says'Popcorn Hour C-200 Networked Media Tank (Black'). Besides i have an Oppo-BD83 whihc means I don't need a BD drive to attach to.

Besides ~ $180 is the max I'm willing to spend on this.

I will suggest to wait for AC Ryan FLUX ..... its definitely worth waiting ....

Last edited:

Try Popcorn Hour as suggested earlier, Egreat or Tvix...

POHD firmware is buggy, a lot of people chuckle at the ACRyan's team saying their firmware is still like a University computer Science project.

That said it still does the Job, only the BT client still doesn't work.

I have the PCH A 200, works very well for me. Its not heavy.

Get wdtv live ... mod. it...and download movies thru torrents DIRECTLY to yr HDD.. supports all d formats... i don know whether it pass thru audio higher than DTS..like DTS-MA or TruHD...as mine is directly connected to my tv so jus using stereo from my HD movies

POHD firmware is buggy, a lot of people chuckle at the ACRyan's team saying their firmware is still like a University computer Science project.

That said it still does the Job, only the BT client still doesn't work.

Been using POHD for a year now and have updated to all the firmwares whenever released ....... its pretty straightforward to load and haven't found any bug as such yet....:)

I have read reviews that the HD2 is buggy and the firmware updates are not addressing them so far and that they are not allowing people to post on forums but instead mail the support people separately...

The new UI looks promising so I'm thinkin of getting the HD2 but I'm having second opinions..

I ordered my discontinued "popcorn hour A200" two week ago from Amazon.com at 150USD - Have to collect it from my friend today. After reading hundreds of reviews - I've decided on buying this one - They still have it on stock at Amazon.com - it weighs in at 1/2 a kg - you should check it out.

Even HD2 does not confirm the capability to play DTS-HD, DTS-MA and other hd audio formats. Better wait for xtreamer prodigy or get a popcorn hour c200. Media player+bluray rom combo.:)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back