Which one to buy Onkyo,Denon or pioneer

prakashjam24x7

Hi Team,

Can someone tell me which AV receiver is best under 550S$. i have selected
Onkyo TX-NR690
Denon AVR-1912
Pioneer VSX-1021-K

I want to know which is best and price for all the three in SINGAPORE?

can anyone let me know the price of the products in singapore?

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prakash

The Denon 1912 was the CNET Editor's Choice this year.. I have it and I think its great..! Except for maybe the iPad Remote App which just doesn't work..

Note that Onkyo TX-NR690 only supports 2EQ and not multiEQ calibration like the Denon. Advanced MCACC of the Pioneer is also really great. Besides that there is nothing much differentiates these AVRs in terms of SQ. You can pick one which has the best features that you are looking for.

hi i ahve pioneer 921 k same feature as 1021 minus 2 hdmi ports. Excellent system airplay works flawlessly no complaints . Remote is littile claustrophobic. But use i phone as remote then you wont even bother about it. It was european avr for last year . and watch cnet review. It has a video upscaler also which is absent in denon.

Rinas

Thanks for the information.

Also can some tell me the price of the AV receivers mentioned above in singapore simlim square of adelphi please.

i will be visiting singapore in end of Dec but i will have very limited time to shop.

Also customs while returning back to india shall be taken care of its not a problem.

Regards,
Prakash

Last edited:
It all depends on speakers.All are good for movies with Onkyo having more power.
When it comes to music,Denon is warm & Pioneer bright.I didnt like music with Onkyo.-
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/16258-post-your-av-audition-demo-here-2.html

Just curious, how you all are able to differentiate sound between different receivers, Different brands are available in different shops with different speaker setups and different settings and CD's played. One will need to change receivers back to back with the same setup to feel the difference, I am not telling it cant be, but some person like me who hasn't listened to many receivers, i will have problem identifying the same.

Of these lot Denon AVR-1912 will be the best pick, however watch out for after sales support for Denon in India. If the price difference is not much, it's better to pick them in country.

My Choices wud be in this order ::

1. Pioneer VSX-1021-K ("Plus" for sound quality {SQ}, "Minus" for UI/OSD)
  2. Denon AVR-1912 (Decent SQ & UI / OSD)
  3. Onkyo TX-NR690 (so-so SQ, Good UI/OSD)

~ Slash

Go for Pioneer VSX 1021K.

I am Using Pioneer 920K. Good sound quality and with loaded features..

Just curious, how you all are able to differentiate sound between different receivers, Different brands are available in different shops with different speaker setups and different settings and CD's played. One will need to change receivers back to back with the same setup to feel the difference, I am not telling it cant be, but some person like me who hasn't listened to many receivers, i will have problem identifying the same.

Well I did the same.Speakers were Tannoy F1,Dune was source & so the cables.
We used speaker switch & could compare AVR with a single button while playing same scene.

All right GUys,

I called up stores in Adelphi Singapore and enquired about the price of AV Receivers in SINGAPORE.
here is the list
Today Date: 23Dec2011
Denon 1612 - 549 to 550 SGD (Inc Tax and everything)
Denon 1912 - 820SGD (Inc Tax and everything)
Onkyo NR509 - 550SGD (Inc Tax and everything)
Onkyo NR609 - 750SGD (Inc Tax and everything)

Above are the rates quoted by KEC and ALpha from Adelphi SIngapore.

I am not able to get price of Yamaha RX V571. i want to buy this. no one is selling YAmaha in singapore :(

Regards,
Senthilprakash.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back