Which one to go for? Jamo S426 HCS3 or NS-PA40?

away112

My first HT was samsung ht-c445n, I really enjoyed it in movies(Im not audiophile), now I am planning to go for better setup. Have been spent some time in this forum and others.
My budget is 800$ max.(low, I know, but hope to get best of it) and the main priority is movies, lets say 80% and music 20%.

At the moment I think I go for RX-V473 reciever - seems to be good choice. But other suggetions are welcome, because not decided 100% yet.

But I am little confused what speakers to go for.

Have two options at the moment: Jamo S426 HCS3 or NS-PA40? There is not much informations/reviews about NS-PA40 in internet, but these speakers are 2012 model.
But there are enought information about s426 and majority positive considering budget.

Which one to go for? Or is there better options in this budget range?

And please tell me that the above system(s) will beat LG BH9520T :D

And sorry for my english :)

If you're looking at Jamo S426, check out Polk TSi 300 as well. They compete head-on with the S426 on price.

Jamo includes also center and surround speakers as well when tsi 300 comes with only fronts at the same price level. Is it worth to spend extra for center and 2 surrounds?

But what about NS-PA40, seems like nobody dont know anything about thease speakers :D

Any suggetions? Yamaha NS150 speakers combo is too in the same price range.

Well.. ns-pa40(includeing sub) vs jamo s426 vs ns150 vs tsi300?

Which one would be the best choice, dont want to make bad decision(unfortunality I cant listen them before purchase).

Jamo includes also center and surround speakers as well when tsi 300 comes with only fronts at the same price level. Is it worth to spend extra for center and 2 surrounds?

But what about NS-PA40, seems like nobody dont know anything about thease speakers :D

Oh sorry I didnt check your location. I thought you were in India. I had no idea that these S426 come with a home-theater setup as well! In India they were offered to me as a floorstander pair for approximately the same cost as a Polk TSi300 Floorstander pair.

I guess it's not a valid comparison to only compare two fronts against an entire 5.1 system!

I'd suggest have a listen-to both and then decide.

No need to sorry :) but its not easy for me to go and listen. My budget is low and I just would like to hear some of you opinions about these speakers.

Hope someone knows something about ns-pa40 or can tell me how big is the difference between ns150 and jamo s426.

No need to sorry :) but its not easy for me to go and listen. My budget is low and I just would like to hear some of you opinions about these speakers.

Hope someone knows something about ns-pa40 or can tell me how big is the difference between ns150 and jamo s426.

Whoa dude! You've GOT TO listen! No matter how hard it is! NEVER EVER BUY any audio equipment based on other people's reviews! It's your ears that should tell you that the sound is good!

Take my example: Denon and Yamaha are very well known brands in the receiver market. But I didnt like them! I like a particular kind of sound, and only Onkyo gave that to me. I had seen some reviews which spoke about Denon having better sound quality than Onkyo and almost fixed Denon. Thank God I went and had a listen-to it!

Anyway if you want my opinion, I did hear the Jamo S426 (only the floorstanders) once. I thought they were pretty good. Anyway I had a bit more budget than the S426s and ended up buying neither the S426s nor the TSi 300s but the higher version Polk Audio TSi 400s.

Thanks for replays, but at the moment I would like to hear others opinion, thats why I made this thread. Maybe before final decision I will try to find way to listen.

Does anybody here have heard NS-PA40 5.1 package speaksers. I could get very good deal for thease speakers.

I have heard JAMO 426 with Denon 1713....they both went good together. I think within this price range JAMO 426 is a good option.....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back