Which Optical cable under 5k

Mayank Shah

Hello, please suggest an optical cable, 1.5 meters. Prefered budget is 3k but max is 5k. This cable will be used between streamer and external DAC. Thanks, stay safe.

I am a Huge believer in cables....

Still I would recommend that you buy any decent Optical (TOS Link) cable from Amazon.

I have tried a Rs 300 Optical Cable and it Sound GOOD ... Infact betters a USB Cable costing Rs 10K.

TOS Link is a Good interface even with a generic cable... Only restriction is that it will support a Max of 24/96

Thanks. No idea where to get Lifatec. Does the length, twists, turns on an optical cable affect the signal/SQ in any way?

Ideally, an Optical cable should NOT have twists and turns. It increases both - Internal Reflections and Signal Loss !

Most TOSLINK (TOshiba Sony LINK) Optical cable used is made from Plastic, not glass fiber, so best if its length is kept short and within the 5 meters length (10 m is the absolute Max) specified for TOSLINK.

Thanks. No idea where to get Lifatec. Does the length, twists, turns on an optical cable affect the signal/SQ in any way?
Length usually does not matter much for under 5m.
Glass is better than Plastic.
More number of Fibers is considered generally better. Even Lifatec has approx 500 strands, whereas this SysConcept optical Cable has 1300 strands, its way cheaper than lifatec.

Good Cable can do DSD 64 easily, Bluerigger is worse, Buy Cheaper MX cable (if you can't find Glass Cable/. Sys concept or Lifatec Cable); as it does DSD64 in my setup easily...

Limitation of 24/96 is of the TOSLINK Transmitter & Receiver, Not the Cable.

If TOSLINK ports are not used, you can certainly do much higher data rates....

Curious to know about your DSD transport. Please share us some knowledge
It was with Cxn v2 Streamer & Lifatec cable , But currently With macbook mini optical out & MX Optical (though it sounds very good) , It doesn't do Dsd. The Problem is both Transport and DAC should be able to do that.

You may find This Discussion useful.

I got a Monoprice optical cable from Surroundswar. Very good cable, enjoying it. Thanks to all, mods please close this thread.

Optical cables are cheap. Get the cheapest one which is bend insensitive. If you know there Fibre cable installation guys from reliance, act, airtel, they can splice and set up a cable for you for desired length, mostly free. Atleast 300 Mbps internet can run in those drop cables. Hope you are not pushing massive amount of data.

The Reliance Jio fiber does not use TOSLINK connectors, essential for use with audio equipment. It just wont fit into yr equipment.

There are other differences too, like the fiber aperture, glass Jio) vs plastic n single mode (Jio) vs multimode....

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back