Which Plasma TV? Need a quick reply especially from user and Expert

manish1283

I have been searching a 42/43 inch non 3D Plasma TV of Panasonic and Samsung make. These are the input information from my side:

1. My budget is around 38K.
2. HDD detection of HD movie is highly considerable for me since I have a 1 TB USB powered HDD with lot of HD/FHD movies of mkv format.
3. Looking for more warranty year.

Very few Plasma TVs are available in market of Bhopal city with approximate price which is listed below:

1. Panasonic 42X30D - Rs 33000/-
2. Panasonic 42X50D - Rs 43000/- (coming soon)
3. Samsung 43D450 - Rs 34000/-
4. Samsung 43E470 - Rs 36000/-

Right not I am deselecting the 43E470 since the TV does not detect HDD from USB.

Now I am listing some advantages and disadvantages of these three TVs:

1. 42X30D
Adv:
-Less cost
-3 years warranty (this warranty is good for Indian condition since lot of ppl face service problem especially more from Panasonic)
-SD card slot
-USB(2)
-Support HDD (but not confirmed that it will play mkv movie, not checked)
-Tough panel
Disadv:
-Bulky
-Old look
-More reflective glass
-Does not play flv format

2. 42X50D**
Adv:
-Light weight
-3 years warranty
-SD card slot
-USB(1)
-Support HDD, LAN port
-It plays all format (Again not sure abt HHD will play mkv movies, not checked)
-Decent look and design
-Brighter panel

Disadv:
- Costly (I am nor able to think that is this TV worthy for this price)

3. Samsung 43D450 - Rs 34000/-
Adv:
-Less pricy
-USB (1)+ support HDD (from several review I found that this will play all format with PD/HDD)
-Decent look and design

Disadv:
- one year warranty (more important for me)
-No LAN port (less important for me)
-Reflective glass

** X50 was not available but I have seen XT50. Salesman said that both TVs are same excluding 3D feature. I also observed that XT 50 is better than FHD UT30.

So my queries are:

1. Why should I not go for X30D. Since it plays almost all format + 3 year warranty (Tension free for 3 year). I will manage the low light in my room. even the reflection from D450 panel is almost same as X30.

2. Is it worthy to take X50 with Rs 43000/- and also this TV is not available in Bhopal. I will not wait further more:mad:.

3. I am leaning toward Samsung D450 but it has only 1 year of warranty.

So I am waiting for comments from users and experts. Kindly help me to find best TV for my price range:).

I would not be able to comment on Samsung but let me throw some light on Panasonic that might help with your decision...............X30 which is the older 2011 model has now been replaced by the X50 with a brighter updated panel. I would not have suggest X30 but with X50 things look a lot better.
If going for Panasonic then please do not go for X30, wait a bit and get the X50. Only if you need 3D then go for XT50, for all other purposes X50 will be more than sufficient.
you might also want to have a look at:
42 Plasma TV: Our Top Recommended 42 Inch Plasma Televisions for 2012
Panasonic TC-P50XT50 Review - 720p 3D Capable 50" Plasma TV TCP50XT50

you cant go wrong with either the Samsung 43E470 or the 42X50. As with all Panasonic you will get better blacks and as with all Samsung you will get better processing.

Samsung is 1 year warranty and does not sell additional warranty.

Panasonic is 3 years warranty.

Buy Samsung only if you trust it will last 3 years....most do...but some might be unlucky..your choice

you cant go wrong with either the Samsung 43E470 or the 42X50. As with all Panasonic you will get better blacks and as with all Samsung you will get better processing.

Samsung 43E470 doesn't detect HDD. I need this feature since I have 1TB HDD with lot of HD/FHD. Therefore, I am not interested to buy this TV although this TV comes with good feature. Any other opinion with D450??

Samsung is 1 year warranty and does not sell additional warranty.

Panasonic is 3 years warranty.

Buy Samsung only if you trust it will last 3 years....most do...but some might be unlucky..your choice

Yeah definitely Panasonic offers 3 year warranty that would be great for me.

I would not be able to comment on Samsung but let me throw some light on Panasonic that might help with your decision...............X30 which is the older 2011 model has now been replaced by the X50 with a brighter updated panel. I would not have suggest X30 but with X50 things look a lot better.
If going for Panasonic then please do not go for X30, wait a bit and get the X50. Only if you need 3D then go for XT50, for all other purposes X50 will be more than sufficient.
you might also want to have a look at:
42 Plasma TV: Our Top Recommended 42 Inch Plasma Televisions for 2012
Panasonic TC-P50XT50 Review - 720p 3D Capable 50" Plasma TV TCP50XT50

I don't know why X50D model is not available in brand shop. Why Panasonic is still manufacturing X30D in 2012? Now I think Panasonic promotes 3D TV that's why XT50 is available but X50 is not. How long I should wait for this X50 and I don't know why Panasonic fix the price very high for this TV??

I don't know why X50D model is not available in brand shop. Why Panasonic is still manufacturing X30D in 2012? Now I think Panasonic promotes 3D TV that's why XT50 is available but X50 is not. How long I should wait for this X50 and I don't know why Panasonic fix the price very high for this TV??

I have also seen 42XT50 in most of the shops (3-4) and just managed to see 42X50 in 1 shop (Jumbo Electronics, GIP Noida) in display.. they both looked same and PQ was also identical from what I remember. If the price difference is not much (2k types), consider XT50...

I have also seen 42XT50 in most of the shops (3-4) and just managed to see 42X50 in 1 shop (Jumbo Electronics, GIP Noida) in display.. they both looked same and PQ was also identical from what I remember. If the price difference is not much (2k types), consider XT50...

They quote me price 48k without any glasses.

Both X50 and XT50 have been launched, please wait till it is available in your local stores......it will be worth the wait. Only go for XT50 if you need 3D, otherwise X50 will suffice. X30 is not being manufactured anymore..........its part of the 2011 line up. you will still see 2011 models in the stores so the choice is yours. 2012 models are upgraded with better brighter panels and hence will cost more than 2011 models.

Search the web - you will be shocked !

Yeah I read. It does happen with both Plasma and LCD. It was also observed while searching in internet for spider crack that user of LCD have more problem than that of Plasma .

Lifespan of any electronic device is 20 sec to 20 years any time your device will stop work. So Keep faith on more reliable brand while buying any product.

Most reliable TV in 2010:
2010 Reliability and Service Survey: HDTVs | PCWorld

Most reliable TV in 2011:
HDTV Reliability and Satisfaction: LG is the Brand to Beat | PCWorld

Yeah I read. It does happen with both Plasma and LCD. It was also observed while searching in internet for spider crack that user of LCD have more problem than that of Plasma .

Lifespan of any electronic device is 20 sec to 20 years any time your device will stop work. So Keep faith on more reliable brand while buying any product.

Most reliable TV in 2010:
2010 Reliability and Service Survey: HDTVs | PCWorld

Most reliable TV in 2011:
HDTV Reliability and Satisfaction: LG is the Brand to Beat | PCWorld

Thanks for sharing this :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back