nikhil1300

Hi
Nikhil from bangalore
looking for a good projector
price 85000 to 125000
Which are the top 3 good brands
What feature so i look in for
Easy service spares
also looking for a good blueray player which can playall the formats available in the market
i heard you get blueray movies at dicounted price in bangalore pls pm me the contact details
at present i download movies and burn them on a media player a watch them on a 42" plasma tv
was planing a bigger tv but then desiced to buy a projector
pls help me

Hi
Nikhil from bangalore
looking for a good projector
price 85000 to 125000
Which are the top 3 good brands
What feature so i look in for
Easy service spares
also looking for a good blueray player which can playall the formats available in the market
i heard you get blueray movies at dicounted price in bangalore pls pm me the contact details
at present i download movies and burn them on a media player a watch them on a 42" plasma tv
was planing a bigger tv but then desiced to buy a projector
pls help me

Your decision to go for a Projector is a very good one provided you can setup a good HT room... Projectors are excellent in Low light or dark conditions but fail in places where there is lots of light... I am not sure of the projector prices here in India but for your budget you might be able to get a Optoma HD33 which is a good 3D projector... Another projector to look at is the epson 8350 which in my view has better image quality to a Optoma... I am srry I cant you much on the Indian pricing as I plan to get my projector from the US... You can checkout the reviews of various projectors @ projectorcentral.com ... PS whatever prices you see on US based websites like amazon or projectorcentral.com be ready to pay atleast double of that if you want to buy with indian warranty...

was thinking about Epson
PowerLite Home Cinema 3010e,is this model available in india,is anyone using this ,how is it when compare to hd33,or there are better ones available ,pls help

This model just came out less than 2 months ago,wont be available in india for some time(no idea when???) It costs about $1500,when ever it is available here should be for double the price,Hd 33 is dlp,so RBE will be evident,but both PJs have awesome reviews

Last edited:
confused what to buy ,weather to go in for a 3d or 2d projector,as u all know most of the movies are coming out in 3d formats even games r also in 3d formats,but a good 3d projector is costing 1.6 to 2 lac and a good 2d is costing 1 to 1.4 lac,should i go in for a 3d which is the future or wait for a year or so and then upgrade to 3d when they become cheaper,pls help,i even heard that the projectors/tv/home theather are much cheaper in Dubai ,is it true,a friend of my brought Optoma Home Theater Series HD20 1920 x 1080 DLP projector - HD 1080p - 1700 ANSI lumens at 40000 inr

you should go for full HD 3D projector(optoma HD33 or epson 3010). better you get it from outside india. you will get it cheaper. but warranty will not be valid in india.

If you want 3D, stick with DLP. The LCD/LCOS projectors are too much bugged with cross-talk due to lag in panels.

you should go for full HD 3D projector(optoma HD33 or epson 3010). better you get it from outside india. you will get it cheaper. but warranty will not be valid in india.

was thinking of optoma hd33 1080p 3d anyone ussing this projector pls give its up side compared to other projector in the same range.i am in the process of setting up my HT .its quite old but never really gave interest in the details and the setup.butnow want to improve the quality of the sound .i am not that techincal with the functions of the Av also,so will require everyones help,will put up photo of the room soon

confused what to buy ,weather to go in for a 3d or 2d projector,as u all know most of the movies are coming out in 3d formats even games r also in 3d formats,but a good 3d projector is costing 1.6 to 2 lac and a good 2d is costing 1 to 1.4 lac,should i go in for a 3d which is the future or wait for a year or so and then upgrade to 3d when they become cheaper,pls help,i even heard that the projectors/tv/home theather are much cheaper in Dubai ,is it true,a friend of my brought Optoma Home Theater Series HD20 1920 x 1080 DLP projector - HD 1080p - 1700 ANSI lumens at 40000 inr
I was in same dilemma as yours - 1080p 3D PJs are too expensive and anything less seems obsolete :)
In the end I decided to buy and use a cheap 720p 2D PJ for 2 years! I will upgrade to 3D 1080p after 2 years. By that time, 3D technology will mature and stabilize and 1080p 3D PJs will hopefully be cheaper.

was thinking of optoma hd33 1080p 3d anyone ussing this projector pls give its up side compared to other projector in the same range.i am in the process of setting up my HT .its quite old but never really gave interest in the details and the setup.butnow want to improve the quality of the sound .i am not that techincal with the functions of the Av also,so will require everyones help,will put up photo of the room soon

If you want to know about comparisons, best place to start is projectorreviews.com That site is one of the best, detailed projector review site. The other one is Cine4Home - Start Seite - www.cine4home.de, use it with google translation.

my system
main speakers- Wharfedale RB-27(150w/8 0hms)
center speakers- wharfedale- emerald-CR-(100w/8 0hms)
power sub-velodyne-CT-120
surround speakers(L/R)-Pulz-b4
amp-yamaha-rx-v595a
equ-dome-eq-3038
dvd-panasonic-hdmi-dv-410v
tata sky
media player-iomega-1tb

few of the products i use

Attachments

• main speakers.jpg
    main speakers.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 184
  • center.jpg
    center.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 186
  • amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 190
  • dvd.jpg
    dvd.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 189
  • md player.jpg
    md player.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 183
Am of the opinion that 3D technology still needs to mature, it is evolving right now. Honestly watching the 3D movies gives me headaches on a 46inch Sony 3D TV, watching it on a projector screen might make it worse.

So i decided to stick with 2D wrt projectors and wait for 3D technology in another 2+ years.

For your range panasonic/Epson would be good brands. I had debated about Panasonic AE4000U and Epson 8500UB in the past and went with Epson as apparently their support in India is better than panasonic. But i have friends with panasonic and they are happy too. JVC higher end models are also good.

Proctorcentral etc have good reviews - you should check them out.

I second Raja2001s comments. However the 8500UB has been discontinued and instead 8700UB is now offerred. Both the panasonic 4000 and the epson are excellent projectors.

@George
are you happy with the contrast ratio of optoma HD20. it is only 4000:1.
i am planning about HD33. but stuck due to low contrast ratio. Epson 3010 has 30000:1 contrast ratio. brightness level is also high in epson projectors.
please share your experience. sometime we are carried away with reviews on various sites, but actual handson experience is more valuable.

I watch mostly in the evenings and night, it's fairly dark so far it's been nothing to complain about. I havent installed my new Dalite screen, I expect it will be a bit better once that is up.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back