Which receiver would you recommend..?

ShaQ.Blogs

I'm looking for a new receiver. Was looking for some info and suggestions.

Any particular recommendations on a manufacture and model?

Who provides it at a better price? I'm located in bangalore.

I assume you are looking for a multichannel AV reciever ? If so The first thing I would check is serviceability especially from whom you buy it. I dont look at price first. I prefer to secure my investment and if that means a couple of thousand more then so be it.
I would buy from the OEM’s outlets if possible and if not then OEM’s preferred distributors/dealers.

onkyo india is still around.

Denon is done by profx

Cinebels does onkyo and pioneer and you should get decent support.

Harmon is based in bangalore so harmon products would be a good bet too as they would have their own outlet.

Yamaha has india operations and has headoffice in Haryana and factory in tamilnadu.

Not sure who does marantz.

Depending on my usage(music first, HT incidental) I would put my preferences as below in order of :
1) Marantz and Yamaha
2) Onkyo and Denon
3) Pioneer and Harmon

Others mileage may vary.

If you tell us budget and application and speakers you have one could recommend something.

Hello Shaq, what's your current AVR? Hope it is still in working condition, or has it gone kaput?

What is your budget range? The prices are horrendous right now. So, if you can wait it out, check out the 2023 series of various manufacturers which will hit the market in a month or two...

Alternatively, you could see if there are any discounts on outgoing 2021 models once the 2023 models hit our shores...

Other factors, like room size, no. of channels, current speakers, HDMI connection requirements, etc, will help FMs suggest good ones for your fit.
Regards and best

Depending on my usage(music first, HT incidental) I would put my preferences as below in order of :
1) Marantz and Yamaha
2) Onkyo and Denon
3) Pioneer and Harmon

Others mileage may vary.

If you tell us budget and application and speakers you have one could recommend something.
My budget is preferably within 1L. I can push it up to around 1.3L, but I don't really wanna spend that much.

Usage is both movies and music (listen to all kinds of music). My current speakers are PSB Image T6 towers, C5 center and B5 surrounds.

Receiver must have Room correction, Pre outs, trigger out, 4K or 8K, 2 HDMI outs, 2 inputs would more than suffice, and I use at most 5 channels.

Hello Shaq, what's your current AVR? Hope it is still in working condition, or has it gone kaput?

What is your budget range? The prices are horrendous right now. So, if you can wait it out, check out the 2023 series of various manufacturers which will hit the market in a month or two...

Alternatively, you could see if there are any discounts on outgoing 2021 models once the 2023 models hit our shores...

Other factors, like room size, no. of channels, current speakers, HDMI connection requirements, etc, will help FMs suggest good ones for your fit.
Regards and best
Receiver is still good. Looking to upgrade to 4K or 8K.

So the prices have yet to drop, since the post COVID chip shortage-price increase? Do we have any idea when the prices might drop again...?
I'm in no hurry to buy. So can wait even 6 months.

In your estimate, by how much have the prices gone up..?
10/20/25 %?

I assume you are looking for a multichannel reciever ? If so The first thing I would check is serviceability especially from whom you buy it.

If onkyo india is still around thats one source.

Denon is done by profx and hopefully Cinebels does onkyo and pioneer and you should get good support.

Harmon is based in bangalore so harmon products would be a good bet too.

Yamaha
Not sure who does marantz.

Depending on my usage(music first, HT incidental) I would pit my preferences as below in order of :
1) Marantz and Pioneer
My budget is preferably within 1L. I can push it up to around 1.3L, but I don't really wanna spend that much.

Usage is both movies and music (listen to all kinds of music). My current speakers are PSB Image T6 towers, C5 center and B5 surrounds.

Receiver must have Room correction, Pre outs, trigger out, 4K or 8K, 2 HDMI outs, 2 inputs would more than suffice, and I use at most 5 channels.

So the prices have yet to drop, since the post COVID chip shortage-price increase? Do we have any idea when the prices might drop again...?

10/20/25 %?
honestly the so called chip shortage isnt going to end in a hurry. Though there is one it is enhanced by artificially creating more of it so every one up and down the chain makes obscene money. Compare it to the drug prices in the US. Its in no ones interest to correct the problem. Yeah yeah i know about the US congress bill.

So everyone will hold onto their inventory and sell their AVR’s at the highest possible prices be it last, this or next years models.

I know of someone who tried to sell totally passive speakers at a premium claiming chip shortage 😂

So buy if u find a good model would be my advice or stick with your current one for a while.

10/20/25 %?
Looking at what you want, as far as I know there are no receivers at 1L that have pre-outs. The Onkyo TX-NR-6100 has pre outs for L/R but no other channels, and that is about 1L. The Onkyo TX-RZ-50 has all pre outs at 1.6L. The cheapest Denon with all pre outs is the AVR-3700 around 1.7, Marantz SR-5015 is also about 1.7

Looking at what you want, as far as I know there are no receivers at 1L that have pre-outs. The Onkyo TX-NR-6100 has pre outs for L/R but no other channels, and that is about 1L. The Onkyo TX-RZ-50 has all pre outs at 1.6L. The cheapest Denon with all pre outs is the AVR-3700 around 1.7, Marantz SR-5015 is also about 1.7
Pre out for the fronts and subs would suffice.
Would prefer it to have at least 2 HDMI outputs
Why not keep the existing good receiver and connect the video sources directly to the TV.
How do I get the audio to the receiver from my PC..? And what about lipsync issue?

How do I get the audio to the receiver from my PC..? And what about lipsync issue?
Onkyo NR-6100, Denon 3700 have two distinct video zones, plus support mirroring. The Marantz 5015 supports mirroring, but not two video zones

HDMI ARC.

My PC HDMI is connected directly to the TV and HDMI out from TV to HDMI ARC of receiver.

HDMI ARC.

My PC HDMI is connected directly to the TV and HDMI out from TV to HDMI ARC of receiver.
My current TV does not have an hdmi out.
To use the ARC, the corresponding HDMI needs to be selected.

Do newer TVs have a seperate HDMI out...apart from the inputs?

If you only want to listen to music then why not use a second-hand receiver with not the latest-and-

Might be a good idea to buy used....

You could land a decent one between 1-1.3L, but you may have to wait it out. Like another FM said above, it is not in manufacturer-dealer-seller's interest to bring prices down.
Look for popular models which are sold at multiple places and then price match.
The Denon 3 series or the Marantz 5 series are two names that come readily to mind.

Then, best to wait it out.

10/20/25 %?
It's horrendous. I'd say around 70-80% mark up as per current going rates. Totally not worth the effort, time or indeed the money.

HDMI ARC.

This could be a solution. What is your current TV?

All said, if you need only Visual betterment, putting money down on an AVR in today's market is a no-no, IMO.

You have great speakers, keep driving them with the AVR and figure out a solution for your Visual requirements.

Gosh!
Didn't know prices are so far up north!
This means they have doubled in the last 12 months... Very sad, indeed.

I'd suggest OP to hold his horses right now.

My current TV does not have an hdmi out.
To use the ARC, the corresponding HDMI needs to be selected.

Do newer TVs have a seperate HDMI out...apart from the inputs?
Sorry I was not clear. HDMI out is HDMI ARC in TV. Please see if your TV has this. Connect this to the HDMI ARC port on the receiver.

My current speakers are PSB Image T6 towers, C5 center and B5 surrounds.

Excellent loudspeakers.
Is best you stick to a mid tier 37** series Denon.
There is very little to differ these days among mainstream AV Receivers. They all have pretty much the same feature set and specifications. If you want something different, look at NAD or Anthem. Likely to be out of reach at the price point you are after.

Also look at Emotiva factory refurbished. If they are priced low enough, it might be a good deal even after you import one.

If you only want to listen to music then why not use a second-hand receiver with not the latest-and-

Might be a good idea to buy used....
Receiver is one product I prefer to get a new one. Risk of issue is high, if it is not handled well.

You could land a decent one between 1-1.3L, but you may have to wait it out. Like another FM said above, it is not in manufacturer-dealer-seller's interest to bring prices down.
Look for popular models which are sold at multiple places and then price match.
The Denon 3 series or the Marantz 5 series are two names that come readily to mind.

Then, best to wait it out.

It's horrendous. I'd say around 70-80% mark up as per current going rates. Totally not worth the effort, time or indeed the money.

This could be a solution. What is your current TV?

All said, if you need only Visual betterment, putting money down on an AVR in today's market is a no-no, IMO.

You have great speakers, keep driving them with the AVR and figure out a solution for your Visual requirements.
My TV is 10 yr old Panny plasma, looking to get a 4K this diwali.

The prices look ridiculously high. I am already kind of reluctant to get a new one, and this post is only convincing me more :). But for how long? I doubt the prices will fall in 6 months.
What is the best price at which Marantz 5015 can be obtained with warranty?

Sorry I was not clear. HDMI out is HDMI ARC in TV. Please see if your TV has this. Connect this to the HDMI ARC port on the receiver.
I searched around a bit and this functionality is called audio passthrough in TV's. Only selected TV's have this functionality.
Which TV do you have, can you pls share the details?

This link provides exhaustive info on this. It looks like most Sony TV's, at least on this list, has this functionality working for both Dolby and DTS. Not the same with Samsung and LG.

I have the Sony x9000E 65" LED TV. What issues are you facing when playing from your computer to the AVR in the method suggested ?
The TV does not return audio to the receiver. It returns only when both the input and return audio are connected to the ARC port via single cable.

So connecting PC to HDMI 1 and receiver to HDMI 2 ARC won't work.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back