Which Samsung LCD tv to buy - 5hours left to decide

hfvuser

I have to buy a Samsung LCD tv, which can work well with my laptop too.

Room size is 15X15, viewing distance 5feet for Laptop usage, 8feet for TV usage. How do i decide which size range should i go for?
Usage: HD movies + games + internet 60%, TV 40%. Shall i for LED? Are they significantly better than normal LCD? Or are they more of a marketing gimmick?
Budget upper range: 60k though it can extend to 80k if i am getting something significant.

Inbuilt speakers may be crap as i will be attaching Wharfdales or something similar to them.

Last edited:
Do you any specific model in mind??size? for 8 feet tv usage 40inch is fine,go for full hd in series 5 or 6,check out c650 or you go for a entry level series 5 led like UAc5000.which would go with your budget. Audition carefully and trust your eyes

Samsung 40C650 (46" if it is within budget). HD looks superb on this TV. It is very well connected too. SD channels will be bright and colorful. Not sure about gaming.

Do a demo and revert with prices. Also check the price thread in Television section.

Well as my 60% usage wud be games, internet, browsing (short distance viewing), i was tending towards C630 i.e. 32inch model.

Any negatives of C630?

Shall i for LED? Are they significantly better than normal LCD? Or are they more of a marketing gimmick?

You are right, LED is just a marketing gimmick ;)

All so called LED TVs are just LCD TVs with LED backlighting :)

The only advantage they have over LCD is the sleek size & design, I didn't find any other significant advantage in picture clarity :cool:

Good luck with your search

Cheers !!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back