Which Speakers + Amplifier (Newbie)

Anando

Dear members,

It's great to see such a forum of music aficionados discuss speakers, electronics etc. and I hope I can benefit from your vast expertise and experience in procuring a set of speakers and amplifier.

My budget is 40-50k rupees.

Usually I listen to hindustani classical music (vocal mostly and at times instrumental). I also listen to Ghazal - but not much film music (if a
I have a moderate sized room - about 15'x12'

I haven't owned any music system before - not even a home theatre (those 5.1 systems with miles of wire running wild all over the place).

I would like to be able to play my music from my computer is possible (Do amplifiers have bluetooth connectivity?).

I would be very grateful for your suggestions and tips.

Regs
Anando.

Hello Anando,

you have given some important details like room size, preferred music and the budget you wanna spend for a stereo set-up.

However and to come closer to what you want/need, perhaps you tell us a bit more:

- You are listening to "hindustani classical music (vocal mostly and at times instrumental). I also listen to Ghazal..." HOW do you do that respectively
what equipment you are using now? TV, radio, live etc? And what is not satisfying you or what do you expect in future?

- Your room (15'*12'); what is the purpose of this room? A living room, a room shared with many other or a room just for the music?

- Your budget is 40-50K rupees... is this ultimo or would you even spend more if this would fit purpose?

- How and how often do you listen to your music - intensive, concentrated or while sitting in front of your computer chatting in a forum
or while operating the vacuum cleaner?

Maybe my questions aren't relevant in your case but IMHO they are important to make the best out for you. Nothing is easier than recommending speaker X
and amplifier Y ... but whether such is your intention? Let me know.

Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back