Which speakers better the Dynaudio Audience 72 ?? a upgrade feasiblity.

Spidey

Dear Friends,

I am having the Dynauidio Audience 72 towers and they are doing well.

My Emotiva XPA-2 has also arrived.

I have to decide to let go my Dynas.

So what speakers in this range (~1lac) would beat Dynas clearly for crystal clear sound :

I have Monitor Audio RX6, Paradigm Studio 60 etc in offer.

Do let me know your valuable advice.

thanks

To be honest, what you asking is a very vague question.

Clarity is a subjective word in speakers. An ATC is clear so is a Rethm or even a blumenhofer. But all sound very different and have a different presentation.

1.Have a system approach rather than a component approach. Remember when you were looking for an amp upgrade, a lot of members out here asked you to change your speakers first and look for an appropriate amp. .For eg: If you want the ATC or Dynaudio sound, you will need to invest in a hefty amp which is of the highest quality possible. And wires for bi/tri amping. Means $$$$$$. But if you go Merlin, blumenhofer, Wlm, Coincident, Rethm etc.you can go for the best low watter you can find. Even tubes.

2.Describe a system which has entertained you better than your current setup. Identify what are those parameters which enthralled you and then work towards them. Travel around and listen to different systems. There is no other way to do this. Going by advice on forums will result in erroneous decisions.

Thanks for all your suggestion.

Let me re-phrase my query.

Let us say I am looking for new speakers for Emotiva XPA=2 amp in the ~1L category.
Lets forget the dynas for the moment.

so suggest your spk brands,
thanks

Thanks for all your suggestion.

Let me re-phrase my query.

Let us say I am looking for new speakers for Emotiva XPA=2 amp in the ~1L category.
Lets forget the dynas for the moment.

so suggest your spk brands,
thanks

Have you heard the Proac Studio 140's?

Amphion

Would this interest you ?

They are available in local electronics stores in Mumbai - Sumaria [I think] !

An audition may help...

THIEL

This might be a bit on the 'higher' side, but will be a good speaker - I have high hopes on Theil ! They have an Indian dealer too....

This is another option;
I like this company a lot...
You may want to consider.
Also has a D & D in India.

SA1530 introduction

SA1730 introduction

:: SONUS FABER ::

Toy Tower

With the compact but ambitious floor-standing Toy Tower, Sonus Faber conveys all the colors and emotions of lifesized music reproduction with an even more intense, profound involvement than its smaller sibling. The Toy Tower delivers a complete acoustic picture of your favorite melodies that will simply carry you away. Cherish your new Toy Tower. Position it attentively and select its electronic partners with care. You will be rewarded, day after day, with an intensely passionate and soulful musical experience.

http://www.sonusfaber.com/docs/products/TOY_TOWER.pdf

This may be an option to consider - if you need a laid back - easy going representation...

Another option is :-

Genelec 8050A

May be active - so straight from your 'source' & you should be home.
A sub can always be added later...

Not Audiophilic - but more of a 'studio' sound...

To 'shanti': Pls use edit button and update posts rather than posting multiple posts

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Out of all suggestions I have heard and liked in descending order these speakers.
1. Sonus toy great but costly
2 paradigm studio 60 great and priced well
3 proac and thiel costly and too polite for my liking

Thnks

Hi
Out of all suggestions I have heard and liked in descending order these speakers.
2 paradigm studio 60 great and priced well

Thnks

If you do not mind me asking can you let us know the price of the Studio 60.
Also is it a v5?
Cheers
Sid

Hey Spidey
Interesting post as I'm in a similar situation. I've decided on an amp (Marantz PM7003) and am looking for a FS speaker pair. I've auditioned the following speakers and here are some thoughts...
Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 - competent but not exciting across the whole frequency range
Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 - excellent clarity in the higher frequencies, good low end punch but mid-range can't handle very complicated pieces
Monitor Audio RX6 - open across the board, and never sounds strained or overworked
Jamo C607 - good highs, warm mid-range but i'm not sure about bottom end reproduction.
I'm leaning towards the Jamo simply because the Monitor Audio isn't the best looking speaker!

I dont think the V-602 Usher will be an upgrade over the Dyn 72, the Usher Be-718 and the Usher Mini-Dancer 1 will be the way to go

cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back