Which speakers to buy for Denon 1911 - Budget 30-45K max

snorkel4u

Hi All,

So with the all the knowledgible inputs from veterans here, my research, my limited budget, my limited audiophile-ness, and my dear friend coming from US with an empty bag...... all of this helped me get my Denon 1911 (jsanand's first advice).

And then, the step transformer came after it.

Now its all ready for a nice pair of speakers, again, in my limited budget.

Kittu has already provided me the limited options I have.....I just wanted to discuss it out in a threads so that I could get max help.....

As per Kittu, I have the following options

- Klipsch HD500
- Energy Take Classic/ Micro
- Polk Audio RM6750/ 705

Apart from these a friend of mine bought the Infinity TSS 1200 5.1 speaker set in the US for 500$ from Amazon with Free shipping.
Its original price is 1300$ (but lets believe it never sold at its max value) even then, if it sold at 1000$ also, its a 50% off.

But the nasty system is darn heavy, its a hefty 30kgs/81 lbs....

The Sats are 1.8 kg each and the subwoofer is 20 kg, 12" down firing sub. It rattles and shakes up the doors and windows of my friends house.
He bought it and then paired it with a test Pioneer AVR and couldn't stop singing praises about the Speaker set.

There're not a lot of reviews about this piece, only 11 on Amazon. But all are positive. I haven't demoed them anywhere but am beginning to go for the kill without demo-ing them....? (Am I being stupid?)
I am getting this for 44K thru shopabroadus and other similar websites..

Also, I am yet to have a demo of the first 2, klipsch and Energy Take. I did demo Polk but it didn't impress me much. But another forum member vprasad84 bought the same combo, denon 1911 and Polk RM6750, the first day he was very dissappointed with the system, but he tweaked it a little bit more n it started sounding music to ears.... He now likes it a lot and very satisfied with his purchase.

And to add to the complexity, another school of thought is, that I don't go for the complete 5.1 set rightaway. Just get a nice pair of Warfdale fronts and then think about the surround and sub later? But then even this wouldn't be very cost effective right? I mean the whole point of buying speakers one by one and building ur HT in stages is so that you don't blow a dent in your pocket instantly......but spread it over a time.....to avoid any instant money crunch...... Any other advantages?

So here's my question to the Guru's.

Q.1) Do you guys think at 44K the Infinity speaker set is value for money? Or I am better off buying some speakers in India itself in the same price and better effect?

Amazon.com: Infinity TSS-1200CHR High-Performance, 6-Piece Home Theater Speaker System (Charcoal Black): Electronics

Q.2) Where can I demo the Klipsch HD500 and ENergy Take in NCR?

Q.3) What would be other better combinations for Denon 1911? Tried and tested one's? May be from the owners of Denon 1911 themselves...

I will add more questions to this thread as I stumble upon further.......

i've noticed that the list price of most products of the harman group (harman kardon / jbl / infinity etc) are priced very high but dont sell at that price and you get them for much lower. if you look at the price that youre getting on the net (500 usd), 44k is double that. so in terms of pure value (not listening experience) its not such a great deal and not something that i would want to jump in to without auditioning.

Thanks afj,
What you said actually makes a lot of sense when it comes to the aspect, amount of $$ invested v/s value you are getting back....

If that's the general consensus, I would try and settle for other speaker sets. Just trying to get their pricing....

There are plenty of options now in your budget. But I would say instead of going for a Sub +Sat combo , start building your setup with Bookshelfs or FS (provided u have room) speakers. Start with fronts and center , later add sub and surrounds.

HTH

Thx Kittu, so are you suggesting I can actually build a speaker system in steps, buying just FS for now, then center and sub and then surrounds later and all will be withing 45k?

Sigh.... Unfortunately I cannot spend beyond that on the speakers.... for perspective... You'd know I started with a goal to own the Onkyo 3300..... so from 23K I have already stretched a lottttt! :D

Can't stretch any more...

Hi Jatin,

Not as yet, I will try to visit the Gurgaon malls this weekend and check out the CA MINX,

If possible, try out the Wharfedale Moviestar 70+ (5.1)
Its good for both, music as well as movies ................ Price @ 25 K
Also, has the bigger woofers on the satellites @ 4" ....... that makes quite a difference.

Its a tad less on bass, won't give a room shaking experience, if thats what you are looking for ....

Last edited:
@ Avid, thanks for the tip. Are these still available in India? They are extinct on Amazon now. Plus they are also very heavy 77lbs so will need to look for them in India itself.

What would you use it for? 2 channel or surround movies stuff? Are you very particular about 5.1? What about source material...can you afford to buy the BlueRays or so :)..maybe rent them if you find a reliable place.
These stuff from what I spoke with Kittu is quite expensive. I would suggest get a couple of really good bookshelves if you are open to that idea. Have a look at PSB Imagine & Paradigm Studio 10 at that price. Lower...PSB Image B6/B5, Dali Icon all are excellent BS at that money :). If you want to go 5 channel you can go for it later.,..after a couple of years or so.

Last edited:
I would use it for Movies 70% and Music 30%
I am particular about 5.1 coz this is what I have been longing and thats why went for Denon 1911 (supposedly a nice mix for Music and Movies).
Source will be DVDs and BD Rips played from my Media Player.
Even though a PS3 is on my list to complete the setup, but it can wait.... once I have the PS3 I may be getting some BluRays.... but as of now everything is on my TBs of HDD connected via Playon HD.

Good question, thats another reason why I don't wanna enter the build your HT slowly, because as of now I am still in a rented house and who knows when I will have place of my own....

The room is around 15x 15 max ft but its one of those open living room designs, so it has 2 openings, approx 8 ft (tall) X 5 Ft(wide) in 2 adjacent walls of the rooms.

No auditions yet, this weekend I plan to head out to bass and Treble and audition some speakers after speaking with Denny and then may be a few shops in CR Park....

Keeping all that math aside what is your viewing distance from the HT => SOFA ? :)

15X15 is almost more than 200sqft room , I am not too sure if mini sat sub combo will do much justice to the room. Go for a bookshelf based setup.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back