which speakers to buy

Nitin101

Hello friends I need some suggestions for my home theatre.
I have yamaha rxv673 receiver and jamo s606 floor standing speakers.
Now I need to buy the center and surround speaker. M confused to go with jamo or to buy any other. I love to watch movies very much.
Thanks

As you already own jamo its always better to go ahead with jamo for center & surrounds. This will give you optimum impedance matching and will blend well with the system. You can try this Jamo : Home Cinema Systems : S606HCS3. In case you want to consider different brands, make sure thy are of 6 ohms only. Just for ref: Wharfedale speakers come in 6 ohms and blends good with Yamaha.

Thanks sai but I just wanted to know that if jamo are good for movies because I don't want to compromise for watching movies.
I love them for music. If they are not good for movies then I can put them in the second zone and buy other 5.1 speakers.

Thanks sai but I just wanted to know that if jamo are good for movies because I don't want to compromise for watching movies.
I love them for music. If they are not good for movies then I can put them in the second zone and buy other 5.1 speakers.

As saikatbiswas82 pointed out, better to go for Jamo center & surrounds

If you have plans for stereo & HT, then you look @ a BS/Sat+Sub combo for your AVR....

You don't need big towers for movies... Once you set the crossover in AVR, your subwoofer will take care of the low frequency...

Thanks guys for the reply.
But I wanted to know that how is the dialogue clearity from the centre channel. And what about future I want to complete my 7.2 setup .

dont waste your money on 7 ch or surronds..
instead get a very expensive centre(preferably jamo)..for cinema use strictly speaking..

Last edited:
But I m out of luck jamos606 hcs3 has been discontinued and it has been replaced by jamo 626. So I m going for a high range the concert series . C60 center and for surround I m going for the bipolars c60 surround. It's costly but the quality is good and it perfectly matching my towers

yes go with jamo..
even you can discard surrounds for now and get a costlier centre..
once you play DD or dts tracks..you will understand all of the stuff is via centre..
so no compromise on that part..
just an idea

But I m out of luck jamos606 hcs3 has been discontinued and it has been replaced by jamo 626. So I m going for a high range the concert series . C60 center and for surround I m going for the bipolars c60 surround. It's costly but the quality is good and it perfectly matching my towers

why do you want to go for a bipolar surround instead of normal one?

In future you can always upgrade your setup provided the AVR supports it. However unless source is of 7.1channel, simulating 7.1 in my experience doesn't create a big difference.

If you have projector, having front high in the rear of projector screen makes sense, provided you have a acoustic through screen.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back