Which TV has better Standard Definition (SD) picture quality

handsydude

Well I wanted to know out of which 3 (LCD , LED , Plasma) TV in NON-3D mode which has a better SD quality as not more than 20 channels (in Hathway) has HD content. I generally watch these type of channels only

1. Entertainment (Star , Sony , SAB , ZEE TV etc.)
2. English News (NDTV 24x7 , Bloomberg , NDTV Profit , CNBC , Times Now etc.)
3. Hindi News (Zee Business ,NDTV , ABP , AajTak , TV9 etc..)
4. Music Channels (MTV Mtunes Channel V etc.)
5. Movies Channels (MAX , UTV Movies , ZEE Cinema , FILMY etc..)
nd occasionally Sports channels (Neo , ESPN , Ten.. etc)

Confused which to go for in 40-42 inch TV segment..

Fair answer. None of the three (LCD, LED, Plasma). CRT will give the best performance.

Also, I have seen that many SD channels are broadcast in letterbox mode. On a widescreen TV, the image becomes excessively stretched. If you "zoom", a lot of picture is lost in cropping.

If you wish to go for a flat panel TV, I suggest that you opt for HD service as well.

Fair answer. None of the three (LCD, LED, Plasma). CRT will give the best performance.

Also, I have seen that many SD channels are broadcast in letterbox mode. On a widescreen TV, the image becomes excessively stretched. If you "zoom", a lot of picture is lost in cropping.

If you wish to go for a flat panel TV, I suggest that you opt for HD service as well.
Ya thats is correct . If i buy a HD STB or Non-HD STB the PQ for channels which dont have currently in HD will the PQ will be different. Also what would you suggest to go for for these types of channels viewing . LCD LED or Plasma..
Major part(around 75%) of channels viewing will be news and entertainment for sure.. Rest wont be much frequent.

For SD content stick to a HD ready screen, either LCD or Plasma. If your requirement is for a <42" screen then its easy - LCD. 42"+ go for a Plasma for VFM.

Don't go for UT30.

For SD, the HD STB will yield better result because of HDMI connectivity.
Thanks for the info. There is a offer going on on TH-P42UT50D @ 72990 with Panasonic HT XH-170 home theater. I am getting that in 69k from a local shop. Is the pricing correct or it should be less. Without HT I am getting in 60k. Also I liked TH-P42ST50D but its not in budget though (80k).

If you use ECO mode it should be about the same. Higher brightness and contrast levels will increase power consumption. However, you should not see a huge difference in your electricity bill overall, so dont worry!

Thanks for the info. There is a offer going on on TH-P42UT50D @ 72990 with Panasonic HT XH-170 home theater. I am getting that in 69k from a local shop. Is the pricing correct or it should be less. Without HT I am getting in 60k. Also I liked TH-P42ST50D but its not in budget though (80k).

Where are you getting these super high prices bro, 50UT50 (50" model) is available at 75-77K at many places (some dealers are still quoting 80K+ though)... 42" should come close to 62-65K (MRP 75K). BTW you can also consider 42X50 @ 43-45K & 42XT50 @ 47-49K (with free HT).

I am using Panasonic FHD Led TH-L32E5D with Reliance Bigtv DTH(SD connection).
picture quality was very average when using cheap composite cable.but after buying a 400 bucks worth Component cable Picture quality is really Impressive almost Like HD Clarity.(Iam receiving 576i using Bigtv DTH).:D
Branded cables & accessories is the way to go.

So it Doesn't matter which television you use, but its about the accessories that matters.;)

I got this quote from Kohinoor Electronics. I basically dont know which to go for . As I am currently using Hathway STB (Non-HD) since having a CRT TV. Will change to Hathway HD STB. Also which accessories and cables need to be changed as I haven't changed any cables from last 5 yrs. I am very happy with the CRT screen but now its not working properly and dont want to waste any money for reparing. I want a TV which has sound and display like CRT for SD channels.

3D hai den tis grt nahi hai toh b chalega but that should hamper my NON-3D experience.
Sales person in Showroom tweaks the TV to max to sell it according to price point so wont know exactly which is better so forum is only the way.

My viewing distance is 10.5 ft from sofa to TV so 42 inch makes a sense and it the max I can fit due to size availibility constrain..

The sales guy told me the comparison between plasma vs led tv

Plasma TV
Advantages
  1. Better contrast ratio
  2. Great Moving Angles
  3. Cheaper than LED (which I dont think so at some models of Panasonic)
  4. Better Motion Flow(for games like Football , Cricket , F1 etc)
  5. More warranty in Panasonic (3 years)
Disadvantages
  1. Panels problems are considered more than LED
  2. Not advised if you have direct sunlight coming to large extent (In my case its but not that much but i guess if i increase the brightness in plasma it should be sorted out)
  3. Burn-in issue
  4. Consume more electricity than LED TV's
LED TV
Advantages
  1. Brighter and vivid displays
  2. Long-lasting than plasmas
  3. Slim and light weight
  4. Panels problems are less when compared to plasmas
Disadvantages
  1. Not good contrast as compared to plasmas
  2. Some Samsung models have poor sound quality which creates a problem when you dont have a good HT
  3. HD PQ is not as great as plasmas in 70k bracket

42UT50 for 60k without ht is a good price but try negotiating further. Say that the ht is worth 15.5k as per the retail price.

But all in all, st50 is great. It may be over budget, but it is simply worth every paisa spent. You will never regret it. Remember, "when you buy quality, you will cry once only".

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

It may be over budget, but it is simply worth every paisa spent.

Hi just4kix,
I would like to thank you for using one word very carefully.
In this forum I've seen most of the guys are using penny/cent instead of paisa and that's where my concern is.
I know this is out of context, but still I couldn't help posting this. :). Thanks again.

Hi just4kix,
I would like to thank you for using one word very carefully.
In this forum I've seen most of the guys are using penny/cent instead of paisa and that's where my concern is.
I know this is out of context, but still I couldn't help posting this. :). Thanks again.

Me, a proud Indian!

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back