which tv manufacturer has best after sales service.

chungs

I am in search of an led tv. I want to keep an led tv for atleast 5 years.
Therefore i want to know which led tv manufacturer has got the best after sales support that includes best servicing(they should honour the warranty by all means incase of defect not by our means). I mean, i should not spend a penny in repairs and services atleast for 4-5 years minimum.

Last edited:
I will not comment on the PQ part or durability but from personal experience the best after sales service experience has been with LG. Had not so good experience with Samsung and the worst I had was with Sony.

I will not comment on the PQ part or durability but from personal experience the best after sales service experience has been with LG. Had not so good experience with Samsung and the worst I had was with Sony.

How old is your lg lcd/led tv. Did you have to spend money for repair during the AMC period of your LG LED/LCD TV apart from the cost of AMC. And how much did you spend approx. for your lg lcd/led tv for repair and servicing. What do you have to comment on the durablity part of lg led/lcd?

Last edited:
Use and throw concept catching on ......
Making up your mind already ... for 'just' 5 years active use?

chungs google AMC lg..u will know the rates.

I am not asking about the rates of AMC. I wanted to know whether lg is charging for repair of panel and minor repair during the AMC PERIOD. I have edited my post. please check my edited post also.

I think for 32 inch the rate is 3500 per year but if you puchase 4 yrs u will get 10-20% rebate..and during this period they will only take the visiting charge..might be around 450..no extra cost for any replacement.

I think for 32 inch the rate is 3500 per year but if you puchase 4 yrs u will get 10-20% rebate..and during this period they will only take the visiting charge..might be around 450..no extra cost for any replacement.

Does lg not put extra cost on us customers even for replacement of panel other than visiting charges during the AMC PERIOD.(wanted do be double sure)

I need comparison of sony's after sales service of led v/s panasonic's after sales service of plasma v/s lg's after sales service of led.

Last edited:
I need report from more members about comaprison b/w after sales service between panasonic plasma v/s sony led v/s lg led. That is why I'm asking again. I can't make a decision with just 1 or 2 reports. So i need collective effort from u guys Please help me guys. I find nobody is interested in helping me. :sad:

Last edited:
chungs
from my personal experience, samsung has the best service followed by Lg and sony. panasonic is the worst.

Regards!

among lg and sony whose products are more durable

This is a wrong question for this thread... keep it to after sales service only and stop being desperate...

Are you having any TV at present in your house, which brand and hows the after sales service of that?

This is a wrong question for this thread... keep it to after sales service only and stop being desperate...

Are you having any TV at present in your house, which brand and hows the after sales service of that?

I am having lg 21' crt tv at present. In 10 years time i have given it for repair only once. I know all crt's last long but I don't know regarding the case of led's, the after sales service and durability.That is why i am asking. Anyway sorry for asking about durability in this thread.

Last edited:
In India,after sales service is best to be forgotten.I recently moved into a new apartment with pretty much everything new,it takes a few abusive calls to make some dumb guy to come home just to give a demo aft one month!!!My built in oven was made in spain with no english manual. Samsung took a few calls to wall mount the tv. Home town was equally hopeless to fix a bell..the list goes on....just buy a tv with extended warranty if you can

In India,after sales service is best to be forgotten.I recently moved into a new apartment with pretty much everything new,it takes a few abusive calls to make some dumb guy to come home just to give a demo aft one month!!!My built in oven was made in spain with no english manual. Samsung took a few calls to wall mount the tv. Home town was equally hopeless to fix a bell..the list goes on....just buy a tv with extended warranty if you can

+1 to this... just buy and move on buddy... dont waste yours and others time over this.. All these companies Sony, Samsung & LG are similar in all aspects.. just go with your feeling and make a killing..

Buy the best you can afford and deal with a problem when it occurs.

By asking for best after sales service its like you are mentally preparing for the TV to fail (which ordinarily does not happen).

I have bad service from everyone - Panasonic, LG, Samsung & Sony. The worst though are Panasonic.

But I still have 2 Panasonic TVs because they had the best PQ.

A scan on Mouthshut.com will give you the bigger picture. But you must also consider that those who sell more will also have more (failure) reviews.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back