Which TV Samsung 32F5100 Vs Panasonic TH-L32E5D (Black Bezel)

c_nayanesh

Hi Everyone.
I am new to this forum and planning to purchase a new 32" LED TV. My budget is Rs 34,000/- and my requirements are 32" Edge LED with 1080p resolution, Smart TV feature in not necessary. 3D is not required. After doing a survey in market, I have shortlisted two 32" TVs, Samsung and panasonic.
Samsung 32F5100. Both are Edge LED with 1080p resolution. Samsung 32F5100 is being offered to me for Rs 34,200/- while Panasonic TH-L32E5D (Black Bezel color) is being offered for Rs 32,000/-.

Samsung 32" 32F5100
Pros;
-Recently launched model
-Brilliant picture quality & contrast
-Protection from voltage fluctuations, so no need to buy separate stabilizer
-Very thin clear black Bezel, so better look.
-Hyper-reality engine (I dont know how much difference it makes)
-Samsung is a fast moving brand, almost all of the showroom salesmen
recommended Samsung.
Cons;
-VA pannel. So less sturdy as compared to IPS Alpha panel of Panasonic.
(There is no possibility of physical damage of screen due to tapping by kids
etc in my case).
-The viewing angles are not great. The picture quality and colors distort if
seen from sideways.
-Only 1 year warranty as compared to 3 yr warranty of PanasonicTH-L32E5D
-MRP is Rs 36,900/- and I am getting a discount of Rs 2,700/- only. May be
it is a newly launched model, so very less discount at present.

Panasonic 32" TH-L32E5D (Black Bezel Color)
Pros;
-Alpha IPS pannel. It has more natural colors, wide viewing angles, more
sturdy than VA pannel of Samsung.
-Plays almost all video formats on USB drive just like Samsung. I checked it
myself in showroom.
-3 year Manufacturer warranty. This is very significant since I will be paying
approximately Rs 35,000/- for any of this TV.
-MRP is 46,000 and Panasonic Dealer is offering me for 32,000. Then i have
to buy a stabilizer costing Rs 2,400/- separately (no need of stabilizer for
Samsung as it contains in-built protection against voltage surge). So total
cost of Panasonic comes to Rs 34,400/-
-This TV is smart TV. So connectivity is better in terms of HDMI ports etc.
However I dont need the internet function etc in my TV. So that is
additional benefit and should not influence my decision.
Cons;
-This model (black color) has been launched 1 yr back and one of the
Panasonic Showroom salesman told me that Panasonic has discontinued this
particular model with black color hereafter. Instead Panasonic has launched
white color model with 1,000/- extra. So I am confused whether to buy an
year old model with no future production even though company is offering 3
year warranty.
-Although colors appear natural and viewing angle is great, picture is not as
bright as Samsung F5100 when I compared both in showroom. It was clearly
evident that the picture appeared more live and vibrant on Samsung.
(salesman told me that it is due to artificial colors of VA pannel in
Samsung).
-The Thickness of Bezel is double in panasonic as compared to Samsung. So
appearance-wise samsung is the winner. Also the Bezel color of panasonic
is dull black while that of samsung is clear black. This adds to visual appeal
of samsung.
-No voltage stabilizer in this TV. So i have to purchase it separately.
-I dont know how panasonic's performance is in LED TV with IPS pannels.
-One of the salesman told me that Refresh Rate of panasonic is only 50 Hz
while that of Samsung is 100 Hz. So fast moving scenes will appear blurred
in Panasonic while not in Samsung. I checked on Samsung website. They
have mentioned that this particular TV has clear motion rate as 100 Hz
which is not exactly same as Refresh rate.

So now I am confused which one to buy.
What all of you recommend???

Hi,
Are you really asking anything or posting reviews of these models? Anyways out of these two none has got clear lead over another as par your feedback. Voltage stabiliser are built in most sets within an onboard smps. So confirm from panasonic about the voltage range of operation. Again in my view a warranty of 3years is a great option and you do not bother about any AMC atleast for 3 years. Confirm if panel is covered under it or not. But ultimately take decision based on PQ- which one appeals to you more.

demo the panasonic while samsung is switched off and you will be abl to take a decision. my vote goes for panasonic for the IPS panel. the colours are more accurate on IPS than VA panels. Wide viewing angle is really a must in indian homes, F5100 has really poor viewing angles and the picture is too bright (dont know why some ppl find this as a plus)
Final decision is yours.

do post what you decide and why, may help others :)

demo the panasonic while samsung is switched off and you will be abl to take a decision. my vote goes for panasonic for the IPS panel. the colours are more accurate on IPS than VA panels. Wide viewing angle is really a must in indian homes, F5100 has really poor viewing angles and the picture is too bright (dont know why some ppl find this as a plus)
Final decision is yours.

do post what you decide and why, may help others :)

I purchased Samsung 32" LED F5100 from Chroma. After making full payment on booking, TV was delivered within 24 hrs free of delivery cost. Service menu revealed that it is a new TV with 0 usage hrs. Installation person came in next 24 hrs for wall mounting. Till now not used much since waiting for DTH connection needs to be purchased. However i noticed that picture is too bright while watching movie on USB.

I didnt purchase Panasonic TH-L32E5D because it is a model launched almost 1 yr back. Its bezel is almost double the size of samsung F5100. Morever the lower horizontal bezel with controls is even more thick. The bezel is not shiny black but dull black. I purchased 2 yr extended warranty for samsung offered by chroma, so the warranty advantage of panasonic was nullified. Every dealer including chroma, reliance and authorized dealer of panasonic are ready to offer huge discounts on Panasonic (upto 3K to 4K in addition to official panasonic discount of Rs 10K). Such huge discount by everyone made me suspicious that everyone including company itself is in hurry to get rid of this model since new 2013 year series launch is expected soon. So I thought it is better to go for fast moving company Samsung's newly launched TV.

I didnt purchase Panasonic TH-L32E5D because it is a model launched almost 1 yr back. Its bezel is almost double the size of samsung F5100. Morever the lower horizontal bezel with controls is even more thick. The bezel is not shiny black but dull black. I purchased 2 yr extended warranty for samsung offered by chroma, so the warranty advantage of panasonic was nullified. Every dealer including chroma, reliance and authorized dealer of panasonic are ready to offer huge discounts on Panasonic (upto 3K to 4K in addition to official panasonic discount of Rs 10K). Such huge discount by everyone made me suspicious that everyone including company itself is in hurry to get rid of this model since new 2013 year series launch is expected soon. So I thought it is better to go for fast moving company Samsung's newly launched TV.

Good choice...congrats

And one more important thing i forgot to mention is, when i compared the picture quality of both TVs in standard picture mode side by side in Chroma showroom, I felt picture clarity of samsung better than panasonic. i rechecked it again. So i was convinced that i samsung F5100 is better than panasonic L32E5D. Offcourse, it is subjective observation.
Unfortunately it seems that i have lost the samsung panel lottery. My TV has SMVA panel. Its no is 32P6AFOSEA and I think that it is made by Chinlin taiwan.

I purchased Samsung 32" LED F5100 from Chroma. After making full payment on booking, TV was delivered within 24 hrs free of delivery cost. Service menu revealed that it is a new TV with 0 usage hrs. Installation person came in next 24 hrs for wall mounting. Till now not used much since waiting for DTH connection needs to be purchased. However i noticed that picture is too bright while watching movie on USB.

Buddy how is motion blur on this TV? i.e during camera panning during soccer ir cricket games

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back