Why are you targetting us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvai

Banned
Banned
Congrats Shaizada! That's a LUVVVVVVVVVLY cart! Truly one of the greats! You are one helluva lucky bloke! Enjoy!

And yeah, bro, am still looking for a Nighthawk! Any luck?

(There is no need to repeat a long message with photographs for a post like this. VenkatCR)

@ Venkat: Are you trying to pick on me for some reason? I see many people quoting other people with pictures, but this is the first time I have seen you edit a post in this way....

I have observed such blatant things being done by you to other forum members as well, like anm and his house hunting thread.... In his case, simply because it was a non-hifi subject...

But i have not seen you extend your immoderate moderation to threads like "mousetraps" or even people looking for hotels etc....

Dude, if you have a problem, state it and be done with it.

Last edited:
Re: Please welcome the newest member to my analog family...Hello Koetsu Black!

I have been ignoring venkat's targeted partial moderation. Was quite tempted to give him a good bashing, but then I recalled the "garbage truck" thread and thought I can live without putting my hands in this garbage. Though this thread again was an irrelevant thread to AV, like my house hunting thread - but I did not see any action from venkat. I didn't see any action on threads like "American Rambo" and "eyewear" and another thread by madbullram on how he hit a person driving a car close to him. Not that I am opposing those threads, but I am amazed by how a senior person on this forum can continue to act in this way where he participates in not related to AV threads, and closed mine where I need help of the community.
IIRC I remember another thread on searching an apartment was already there.

I think venkat doesn't like anyone else here who can challenge his view points. And what kind of viewpoints? Like "made in china products are shit" and delhiwala's are thieves.

We have already lost good members like cranky and sid. With this kind of treatment I have already started withdrawing from this forum.

Grow up Venkat.

I have been ignoring venkat's targeted partial moderation.

I think venkat doesn't like anyone else here who can challenge his view points. And what kind of viewpoints? Like "made in china products are shit" and delhiwala's are thieves.

Grow up Venkat.

I agree man, i have been ignoring it too... But it seems that this guy is just plain partial to North Indians....

And yes he either needs to grow up or (as Munna Bhai says) 'Get well soon'.

sending the first rose google returned me
rose.jpg

Venkatji - get well soon.

source chosetec.darkclan.net

hey, cool it guys ....

All days are not the same .... you really get bad ones sometimes. I end up picking on my wife on days when I have 'fallen flat on my face' while encountering difficult clients.

Maybe, your mails got Mr. Venkat's ire due to one of his those days ... just bad coincidence, I bet.

hey, cool it guys ....

All days are not the same .... you really get bad ones sometimes. I end up picking on my wife on days when I have 'fallen flat on my face' while encountering difficult clients.

Maybe, your mails got Mr. Venkat's ire due to one of his those days ... just bad coincidence, I bet.

It cant work that way, can it? Even if its your wife or kid or brother

A moderator is meant to be rational with all.

hey, cool it guys ....

Dude, its my wife's marital right to be that way when she's being that way... But no one else has this right...
He's a moderater for god's sake.... if he is going thru 'those days' he ought to refrain from moderating during those days...

To err is human and to forget/forgive is humane ....
To forget/forgive is selective definitely. Obviously, one has to be choosy here.

To err is human and to forget/forgive is humane ....
To forget/forgive is selective definitely. Obviously, one has to be choosy here.

If you knew me, you'd know that it takes lot out of people to get me angry....

Its not about erring or forgiving... I ain't god to judge, or forgive...

Venkat needs to figure out his mind because some of us can't.

I have never seen madbull do something like this.... In venkat's case many people feel this way and he constantly picks on people.... two of us have come out in the open, others have left the forum, and still others ignore and try and give this man as wide a berth as they can.

Frankly, I like to see things eye to eye. If he has a problem he should speak up and resolve. If he doesn't, then he should refrain from picking on me...

Malvai, for a person who has posted some 600 times, to repeat a long message with just two lines of your own message - what can I say? I was not picking on you, but actually helping you. It was meant as a example for everyone to follow to keep a thread readable. Though there were others who did the same, why did I do it to your thread? - simply because it hit my eye very badly in terms of readability. I wish I had the time to go to every thread and correct such errors. It is just physically impossible.

And Anm, you had yourself stated in that thread that you were pushing the Non-AV related matter to the extreme end. I discussed your thread with the other moderators before closing it. There are a number of forums available for rentals and property and they are the right ones to use.

Regarding non AV stuff in Chit Chat, please understand this is a forum that is meant for audio/video related stuff information. This forum is getting overloaded with non-AV related stuff. Ram and I are spending most of time watching this and useless repeated questions.

Please understand I am not biased towards anything or anybody. If I make a mistake, I will be first to acknowledge and correct it. You are always welcome to send a PM and you will get an immediate answer from me. Many members have done that and continue to do that. I have closed innumerable threads that have been irrelevant, and will continue to do so for the betterment of the forum.

Cheers

PS, I am moving these posts to a separate thread, again, not to disturb Shaizada's thread on cartridge's.

malvai, anm

Now that you've heard it stright from Venkat, please leave the hard feelings behind and lets continue to chase this common passion that binds all members.
Venkat has been quite clear about the rationale behind closing those threads and I'm sure you as senior members would agree with those thoughts.

Come-on guys, everyone deserves a chance to explain and clarify, and having done that, lets move forward :)

Malvai, anm.... If it looks like that your thread is been targetted directly by mod, kindly discuss over pm with him.. This kind of open critic will make junior members encourage to blast everybody in open.. However i am having in my mind this is an open forum and your views are welcome""" still you are one of the very senior knowledgeable member".:clapping: so your words are followed by all closely.

We encourage you to take "Moderator" Position and we heartly support as one of our senior knowledgeable member.:clapping:

Execuse me if am wrong.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: anm
all this was just waiting to happen......with more members and more threads being created. what the members is perhaps uniformity in all actions by moderators - I do understand the moderators have a tough job at hand but then again thats why they are moderators on the first place.
we saw how quite a few threads quite some time back let me and another fellow member quitting the forum - while I watched from the sidelines - i saw nothing changed. in spite of numerous warnings from the moderator the so called mr construction went on an all expenses paid desi rampage on his wallet and our minds with equipments like hi fi, underwear eyewear etc etc. The story still goes on....
so i guess this threas can be a gentle reminder for everyone - for moderators to act uniformly and for us members to understand the rules and abide by them (rules can be bend not broken per say)

@anm - we lost a few members earlier no point losing more
@advidyarthy - just because of you having a bad day does not give you a right to pick on your wife. pick on someone your size or intellect buddy (i am sure you meant well though)
@venkat - not all chinese products are bad. Its just the level of quality control - quite a few life saving med devices get manufactured there sir.
@malvai - our mods have a tough job - we all wish they would be better- lets give it time - after all we elected them.

Why earlier request of having more "Moderators" were ignored ? Or the forum has not grown so big to have more Mods ?

Sorry I should not comment for this while this is HOT. Hi anm!!! This is only an appreciation..:cool:

Do you put room and think for this kind of ideas.. Brilliant..

I have to appreciate a list of few members who frequently have ideas like this.:) unleashme, gobble

sending the first rose google returned me
rose.jpg

Venkatji - get well soon.

source chosetec.darkclan.net

Last edited:
@venkat - not all chinese products are bad. Its just the level of quality control - quite a few life saving med devices get manufactured there sir.

I appreciate what you are saying and I thank you for trying to calm everyone down. At the same time. I did not say products manufactured in China are bad. What I said was that the Chinese do not have the capacity to design something from scratch. And I was talking about complicated electronic circuits, including the design of an integrated chip. It is one thing to assemble or manufacture a PC, but a completely different thing to design an iPod from scratch.

In any case people are welcome to their views.

Cheers

Well,can we have a section to discuss some important topic other than AV with HFV friends which has either time limit OR after few days of no posting at all can be deleted?

Happy Friendship Day.....

I fear I may be talking out of turn. But one of the statements by anm and/or malvai caught my attention.

Moderators - in any forum - are first and foremost members. And only then moderators. I know of many moderators in various fine forums having to restrict themselves and taking on a stand-offish role after they have taken up the position. Do we really want that in our forum?

Venkat has strong opinions on various subjects as do we all. That does not and should not affect his or anybody's ability to moderate. Just my 2 rupees.

What I said was that the Chinese do not have the capacity to design something from scratch. And I was talking about complicated electronic circuits, including the design of an integrated chip. It is one thing to assemble or manufacture a PC, but a completely different thing to design an iPod from scratch.
Cheers

venkat sir - one of our teachers in b-school (respected by academia and political folks alike) told us "never generalize" in life. Our neighbors are good in one aspect on scaling up on the manufacturing side very quickly - quality control is dependent on what money is flowing in. If the need would have been different they would have innovated too.

Just like most of the Indian IT companies still get away by doing low end stuff (am not talkign about BPO/KPO services here) - where they can do some high end stuff in consulting product design. Hell some great medical devices get designed by companies in India (we use them to treat diabetes, pain management, cardiac problems, ultrasound etc - the list is long) - yet most companies go where the cash flow is easier.

No point generalizing that indian IT companies can't do high value stuff - just like chinese can only do low end stuff and not high end R&D and design.

Just my 2 paisa.
Another 2 paisa - lets close this thread before its gets out of hand - i am sure the message was conveyed to all of us. Let us all be diligent in the future.

@spiro - i think a separate section on sors will be a great idea. maybe we can do this in an democratic way - votes anyone.:clapping:

good point bala. venkat the member can say whatever he likes, if thinks chinese products are shit he can say that. that doesn't affect his competence or his abilities as a moderator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back