Why Branded TVs don’t retail at good prices online?

rksingh1

Online platforms offer many consumer electronics and white goods items at a very affordable and attractive offers. I got my Bosch front load WM from Amazon and it came around 18% cheaper than my nearby store.

Expensive laptops and MacBooks come at a reasonable price online too. Logic is that the Amazons and Flipkarts directly deal with manufacturers and have a very robust Supply chain system and warehouse at all over the place.

Why such benefits don’t translate into top-tier TVs? Samsung Frame is only mid/high tier TV which is online only model and it offers great pricing compared to Q70 which it is normally compared with. Other than this, all Triluminous displays and Qled and OLED displays have pathetic pricing with online stores.

Is it that retailers put pressure on companies not to sell online? Or TV is a very visual thing people prefer to but it in person, rather than online! ( I don’t think it stands true as phones, laptops etc are equally visually demanding items)

Why branded high end TVs don’t get good pricing online?

Online platforms offer many consumer electronics and white goods items at a very affordable and attractive offers. I got my Bosch front load WM from Amazon and it came around 18% cheaper than my nearby store.

Expensive laptops and MacBooks come at a reasonable price online too. Logic is that the Amazons and Flipkarts directly deal with manufacturers and have a very robust Supply chain system and warehouse at all over the place.

Why such benefits don’t translate into top-tier TVs? Samsung Frame is only mid/high tier TV which is online only model and it offers great pricing compared to Q70 which it is normally compared with. Other than this, all Triluminous displays and Qled and OLED displays have pathetic pricing with online stores.

Is it that retailers put pressure on companies not to sell online? Or TV is a very visual thing people prefer to but it in person, rather than online! ( I don’t think it stands true as phones, laptops etc are equally visually demanding items)

Why branded high end TVs don’t get good pricing online?
Usually there are a lot of variables in picture output. Its similar to buying pricey speakers without listening to them.

Unlike things such as a laptop which has an expected performance output as per its specifications, the same doesn't apply in TVs. there is a need to market these TVs by giving the customers physical experience, hence the importance of brick and mortar stores to keep sufficient stocks of various models and maintain these big showrooms so that people can come and experience before buying.

Maintenance of these showrooms and staff etc is a pricey affair and store needs to have sufficient margins to keep this setup running. Unlike the case of online sellers who don't have to spend such money to maintain showrooms/sales staff etc hence they are able to sell you at a lesser price. This undercuts the price of retailers and they lose their customers as they go back home and simply order the same product online after seeing a demo in a showroom. Thats why these retailers don't encourage online sellers.

Back