Will there be true 4k budget projectors in the coming years

you are talking about 4k pixel shift or native4k? Pixel shift may go below 1L in few years but definitely not native 4k. As of now they are 5L +

Well I am confused to whether invest in a native 4k projector now or to wait for a year or so to get it for a corrected price.

There is not much 4k Content yet (and bandwidths squeeze them) for example a true 4k is like below
pixels89,70,240
frames30
MBPS speed Required269
Netflix recommends
25 mbps​

Which means that Netflix itself is possibly using a lot of compression to transmit real 4k. (so is that really 4k?) so all said, i think we should be good with 2K displays for internet usage till internet becomes faster and cheaper.

We are not getting full hd projectors only under 50k in india even after somany years of full hd.
It might take some time for true 4k projector prices to come down

Xgimi's upcoming projector - xgimi H5 will be a 4K projector (as per the sources I found). I hope it to be priced around the same price point of H3 i.e: between 60-70K.

And hopefully it will be the least priced 4K projector from a reliable brand.

There is not much 4k Content yet (and bandwidths squeeze them) for example a true 4k is like below
pixels89,70,240
frames30
MBPS speed Required269
Netflix recommends
25 mbps​

Which means that Netflix itself is possibly using a lot of compression to transmit real 4k. (so is that really 4k?) so all said, i think we should be good with 2K displays for internet usage till internet becomes faster and cheaper.
Internet and its cost is still manageable but you can't get over the compression from Netflix, 4Ks are being streamed at max 15 Mbps. Even if you have 250 Mbps stable connection .. its of no use

pixels89,70,240
frames30
MBPS speed Required269
Netflix recommends
25 mbps​
There is a ton of 4k content available everywhere. Every movie is available in 4k now.

If you are spending on a native 4k machine, you are not watching Netflix tbh. Inferior video and Inferior Audio. You do physical / remux. Nothing beats it.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back