Will these Andrew Jones speakers go with my Pioneer receiver?

kpatel

Hi, I am a beginner here. Have been trying to understand the basics of Home theatre but the more I read the more I get confused. SO I will clearly lay out my concern now.
I already bought Pioneer vsx 924 - Its specification says 135 W/ch (6 ohms 1 kHz THD 1.0 % 1ch Driven)
75 W/ch (8 ohms 20 Hz-20 kHz THD 0.2 % 2ch Driven)

Now for this receiver, I wanted to buy The Andrew Jones AJ-5235XT

What my concern is that the receiver is underpowered for the speakers that I want. These speakers cost the equivalent of USD 1000 here in India. Based on my understanding, since the receiver is only 1 ch driven the speakers will not be utilised to their capacity and I am wasting my money buying these huge speakers. Am I going somewhere wrong in understanding something? Sould I buy these speakers, should I look at something else? I have limited choices in brands because I live in India. My living room is 15 by 15 feet but it is an open plan living room which opens up to the dining room and kitchen. We mainly use a projector for our viewing. Help!

Patel..

Your selection Andrew Jones AJ-5235XT is a perfect match to your receiver. Your receiver will definitely power the speaker package based on the specification on paper.

Hi Kpatel,

Pioneer VSX-924 is more then enough for Pioneer AJ Set
as you will never run speakers on 100% load all time, early Pioneer was selling VSX-524 and Pioneer 5.1 AJ in Bundle.

I am also using Pioneer AJ with Denon X500 which is equivalent to VSX-524, and believe me at 0 Vol level (Vol Level = -80 to +20) neighbor start complaining and I never went beyond 0, Normally I watch movies on -25 to -15,

In this price range AJ was best solution for me and I suppose still it is best solution in this price range.

Some time I feel low voice on surround because of less power in AMP but I am sure it will not happen with VSX-924

For speakers, also consider the Elac Debut series.
These speakers are also designed by Andrew Jones. Eventhough these speakers are just launched, they have received great rave reviews by everyone who listened to them. I looks asthough these speakers will be even more lot better than the pioneer AJ speakers.
They are available in amazon.com and can be imported. Dont know about the indian availability date yet.

For speakers, also consider the Elac Debut series.
These speakers are also designed by Andrew Jones. Eventhough these speakers are just launched, they have received great rave reviews by everyone who listened to them. I looks asthough these speakers will be even more lot better than the pioneer AJ speakers.
They are available in amazon.com and can be imported. Dont know about the indian availability date yet.

Yep, really considering those and have been making all sorts of plans to get them here as the India dates are clueless at this point unless any of the members can shed some light. The cost of B6 lands up to almost $450+ when you choose importing to India where as you can buy them locally for $270. At this point I am looking have someone carry along when returning.

Thanks for the heads up about the Elac Andrew Jones Series. It definitely should be amazing but I am already stretching the limits of my budget with this one and have already been waiting for over a year to get the speakers so the deed has to be done this weekend :)

Just a thought. I have never owned an HT system. how would the AJ Pioneers be if i bought 4 BS22s, instead of 2 towers and 2 Bs22s, how muc hdifference would it make? I wont be listening to music on them. Just gaming and movies.

Cheers

Won't be that big of a difference if you are gonna use a decent subwoofer.
Centre channel speaker and the subwoofers are the vital speakers in a home theatre setup.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back