Wiring for long distance hdmi?

ethan3686

New comer to the projector world here. Just wanted to know how do you guys wire long distance hdmi cable? Mine is around 25 meters between the Ps4 and my projector. I have considered a 25 m hdmi cable but they are expensive and the cheap ones dont do 4k or just dont work altogether. Hdmi 2.0 or 1.4 ?

Read about other option using cat 6 ethernet extender as well. How do you do that and will that give me an uninterrupted 4k signal? My projector is 1080p but it can use 4k signal and downscale.

Optical HDMI is the best solution, but as you have discovered, they are expensive. Other option I guess is to move the source close to the PJ if that is feasible.

Optical HDMI is the best solution, but as you have discovered, they are expensive. Other option I guess is to move the source close to the PJ if that is feasible.

Thank you for the suggestion. But both these options are not feasable. That is why i wanted to see other options.

Which HDMI cables did you try? Bluerigger on Amazon? That didn't work ?

MaSh

New comer to the projector world here. Just wanted to know how do you guys wire long distance hdmi cable? Mine is around 25 meters between the Ps4 and my projector. I have considered a 25 m hdmi cable but they are expensive and the cheap ones dont do 4k or just dont work altogether. Hdmi 2.0 or 1.4 ?

Read about other option using cat 6 ethernet extender as well. How do you do that and will that give me an uninterrupted 4k signal? My projector is 1080p but it can use 4k signal and downscale.
Longer hdmi longer cables have signal issues ... it degrade the quality . I purchased 25 feet cable from amazon for around 1200 , the quality is degraded. I could see pixalates && other issues. When i use the short cables , i do not see the issue.The main issue here is due to loss of signal with longer cables.

Consider 2* 12 feet cables with hdmi signal repeater/booster. this is best option.

or

Try to keep your PS4 as close to your projector as possible.

Last edited:
Which HDMI cables did you try? Bluerigger on Amazon? That didn't work ?

MaSh

Havent tried that.Tried Terabyte 25 m cable which had a IC built in it. That cable connects to every other hdmi device except my projector. While using it with the projector and ps4 i get a blue screen. But with Ps4 and My Hdtv it gives the signal?!

I dont know why?

Havent tried that.Tried Terabyte 25 m cable which had a IC built in it. That cable connects to every other hdmi device except my projector. While using it with the projector and ps4 i get a blue screen. But with Ps4 and My Hdtv it gives the signal?!

I dont know why?

Oh okay, not heard of that brand. Try this: BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D & Audio Return (100 Feet / 30 Meters) w/Built-in Signal Booster

MaSh

25m is a very long distance for HDMI cable. I was looking for a 15m cable and decided to drop the plan as I could see only Fiber cable as a guaranteed feasible solution. You can check this link on my discussion .

There are few contact who are already using fiber cable.

Be careful while buying based on the review on amazon. You should notice the length of the cable mentioned in the reviews . (generally the review rating will be for all lengths of cable combined together )

You would be good at 1080p, but if you are looking for 4k 60Hz , then try only the items that has good return policy.
MX also has active HDMI cable, but I am not sure on the quality or return policies.

Also remember that HDMI cable(like active) have circuit which can go kaput, and if you have warranty you will have to pull it out from the in-wall to claim warranty. So install accordingly.

25m is a very long distance for HDMI cable. I was looking for a 15m cable and decided to drop the plan as I could see only Fiber cable as a guaranteed feasible solution. You can check this link on my discussion .

There are few contact who are already using fiber cable.

Be careful while buying based on the review on amazon. You should notice the length of the cable mentioned in the reviews . (generally the review rating will be for all lengths of cable combined together )

You would be good at 1080p, but if you are looking for 4k 60Hz , then try only the items that has good return policy.
MX also has active HDMI cable, but I am not sure on the quality or return policies.

Also remember that HDMI cable(like active) have circuit which can go kaput, and if you have warranty you will have to pull it out from the in-wall to claim warranty. So install accordingly.

So what did you get in the end?

Also what do most people do when the distance is so long between the device and projector? Solutions?

Also what do most people do when the distance is so long between the device and projector? Solutions?

If there is only one solution, I guess that's the way to go! In this case, this means an active, preferably Optical, HDMI cable from a good brand, with the attendant cost.

I am using 10m bluerigger, and seen 15m bluerigger at work in my friends place, no issue in bluray/1080p 3d movies (in my setup) or 4k (in friends place). Looks like upto 20m HDMI signal may not need boost if cable quality is good. On search for 25m HDMI in Amazon, bluerigger has 2 options and they comes with USB powered HDMI signal booster along with the cable (price range from 6-7K). Here is the LINK

Ruipro is another option that has incredible reviews from the folks at AVSforum. For runs longer than 25 feet, they are highly recommended. I purchased an 25 foot Amazon basics cable that works at 30hz 4:4:4, but will not work at 60hz 4:4:4. I just purchased a 10 meter (33 feet) Ruipro from the US that I will install soon.

Ruipro is another option that has incredible reviews from the folks at AVSforum. For runs longer than 25 feet, they are highly recommended. I purchased an 25 foot Amazon basics cable that works at 30hz 4:4:4, but will not work at 60hz 4:4:4. I just purchased a 10 meter (33 feet) Ruipro from the US that I will install soon.

Just wanted to post an update here - I installed my 10 meter Ruipro cable today and it works flawlessly. I am finally able to get 4:4:4 8bit 60hz signal from my receiver to the projector. Well worth the $130 if you ask me.

Just wanted to bump this thread.

I need to do a hdmi cable run of about 35-40foot.

I have two options, either buy a single 40 foot hdmi cable or buy two cables with hdmi repeater between them. I won't be able to replace the cable if they go bad. So I'm thinking the repeater option will be better as longer cables have ic that can malfunction. Please suggest which option to go. 4k is not required but HDR is required.

Ruipro or Monoprice make optical HDMI cables that support 4k 18GBPS. That's the best video today. I use 30m Monoprice and it works very well.

I have tried copper and found them unreliable apart from being very thick.

Ruipro or Monoprice make optical HDMI cables that support 4k 18GBPS. That's the best video today. I use 30m Monoprice and it works very well.

I have tried copper and found them unreliable apart from being very thick.
Thanks for the information. I was hoping to get something more budget friendly since I won't be using a 4k projector anytime soon.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back