Woodstock Speaker Resurrection :)

godslayer

Hi friends !

Have a look at what i found in my dads workshop :p

First picture shows original philips drivers from powerhouse amplifier.

Tweeters were blown and cones needed to be replaced.. well i decided to get it recoiled to 8ohms too... so here they are.. reconed and recolied and sound AMAZING

Now i have a pair of woodstock speakers which are pretty old...(READ PRETTY ANCIENT) but seriously, its construction is amazing... cabinet with dual speakers, filled with layers of cotton.. but no opening and the electrolytic capacitors seem ANCIENT aswel!

[img=http://s15.postimage.org/5d7g6ud6f/2012_04_07_20_05_51.jpg]

So I have a question in mind.. are these speakers worth reconing and recoling? i am looking for recoiling between range of 8-16 ohms... is it actually worth the money and time?

Thanks!

It's not.

Also where do you intend to get the restoration work done? I have a sealed fullrange philips + philips tube amp which could do with some love but afraid to move it around as they are somewhat old.

It's not.

Also where do you intend to get the restoration work done? I have a sealed fullrange philips + philips tube amp which could do with some love but afraid to move it around as they are somewhat old.

Remove the drivers from the case and head to lajpat rai market in new delhi chandni chowk area.. they do full recoiling and reconing.. not sure about amp.. i too had sealed speakers and POWERHOUSE from philips.. and they sound amazing with y pioneer sx 2600(original Japanese S%$T)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back