• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Workaround for "Sub pre-out" not working

Wharfedale Speakers

Neeraj0272

The Sub pre-out is not working on my Denon 1910 AVR. Audyssey is also not detecting my sub and I have tried all options and thus concluding that sub pre out has gone bad on AVR.
so now what can I do to get lfe of 5.1 movies? I am using Dali Ikon 6 as front speakers.
can I connect AVR's front b speaker output to my sub's line in using a high to low level line converter? what will be the sound output like? will it better than the situation where I dont use the sub at all and rely on Dali Ikon 6 speakers to produce all the lfe?

efernand1

Hi,

If your Sub has the option to connect High to Low level, the least you can do is try....and check how the setup sounds...if not then you may need to check with an HT repairer if the AVR needs servicing and perhaps replacement of some parts. evaluate the cost and then proceed with repairs or consider buying a new or preowned AVR....

Neeraj0272

sub is a must for home theater. my Dali FS speakers can not even start to compensate for the lack of sub.
i have one more option which is to use 3 cables of 3.5mm to twin RCA from my htpc to analog in of the AVR.
any opinion which would perform better?
1. using analog inputs from htpc into avr
or
2. use high to low line level converter on speaker out of AVR and connecting it to subwoofer.

efernand1

Hi

I guess you need to try both options if possible and decide what sounds better...after all honestly it is you who needs to be satisfied and happy with the performance...there are many solutions...try to see where you can do something without investing much, else look for possible solutions which do not burn the wallet but will run for the better in the near future....all the best