Worlds most expensive speakers

mikehcm

Hey Guys,

I was browsing the web and found a page which got details on the most expensive speakers in the world, thought will share this with you all,

HigherFi-Ultimate - The Worlds Best and Most Expensive Audio Speakers

I was totally stunned with the price range and was thinking about the fidelity of these speakers.

Any of you by any change had a chance to audition any of the brands listed, pls share your experience and thoughts.

A 7.1 would cost $770K and would need a 10K sq.feet with walls that are 6 feet thick.

Cheers

I thought the most outrageous thing a music lover could do is build 1 meter thick reinforced concrete floor but apparently I am wrong. 6 feet thick wall :rolleyes:

These speakers have nothing to do with high quality sound reproduction. They are purchased as status increment tonic by some weird billionaire whose understanding of Audio is very much restricted.

I guess it is just possible that some of them might sound good too, but expensive seems to be the main selling point there, for its own sake. Shall we debate the merits of gold a a speaker-case material? It's probably a lot more appropriate than it is for car bodies (why make you car tens of time heavier!?) but there will always be some wealthy show-off, somewhere in the world, doing that.

My favourite outrageous speaker idea was the guy who built a couple of huge horn speakers as part of his house. Maybe someone remembers that? Probably a lot cheaper than all the pure-gold stuff (if you happen to building a house anyway) and a lot more effective.

I believe the most expensive speakers available here in India are KEF Muon, at about Rs. 1.15 Crore. No comparison on price to anything on this list though :D

I don't think you could achieve the potential of any of these speakers without a correspondingly expensive listening room, perfect placement, expensive amplification, clean power and exceptional recording engineering. Then the question is do you have the ears to actually hear it perfectly.

Besides concrete walls you will need rounded corners and rippled walls, sand packed trenches for cable and get only one small sweet spot. I would rather spend some of the money on a case of great wine and a fireplace.

As you travel up the cost curve the fidelity increase drops rapidly.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back