Worldspace on Airtel DTH

shailenderb

The service is back with 12 channels on offer at Rs. 35/- p.m. Going to activate today on one box to check on the quality. I hope it sounds as good as the original WS.

Regds

The service is back with 12 channels on offer at Rs. 35/- p.m. Going to activate today on one box to check on the quality. I hope it sounds as good as the original WS.

Regds

Yes. Please let me know the quality. I would also like to subscribe.

Are there any Classical channels like the erstwhile Shruti,Gandharv or Maestro?If yes I am subscribing.

I don't think its worth Rs. 35/ p.m. for just one channel, at least for me. There's only Farishta (old Hindi songs) channel that I can listen to.

No Carnatic or Hindustani music channel, no Western / English music channel.

A devotional channel, Ghazals, Farishta, Kids music, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, and one more regional language that I don't recall is all that you get.

Whichever region you are from, you'll have only one channel + one or two Hindi channels (depending on your taste).

Audio quality is tolerable (played thro my two channel amp and towers).

Regds

I don't think its worth Rs. 35/ p.m. for just one channel, at least for me. There's only Farishta (old Hindi songs) channel that I can listen to.

No Carnatic or Hindustani music channel, no Western / English music channel.

A devotional channel, Ghazals, Farishta, Kids music, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, and one more regional language that I don't recall is all that you get.

Whichever region you are from, you'll have only one channel + one or two Hindi channels (depending on your taste).

Audio quality is tolerable (played thro my two channel amp and towers).

Regds

I thought there would be western/english music channel. Thanks for the heads up, I shall let this go for now.

U cant compare Worldspace Sat receceived audio channels with Airtel's.:eek:hyeah:
Airtel started the package humble to all languages! But Rs35 for 12 channels is too high as of now but hope for the additions soon

U cant compare Worldspace Sat receceived audio channels with Airtel's.:eek:hyeah:
Airtel started the package humble to all languages! But Rs35 for 12 channels is too high as of now but hope for the additions soon

Sethu,

The comparison was not with the sat recd channels, but with the WS channels recd on Airtel earlier. There's a huge difference in audio quality.

Also, out of the 12 channels, on an average, a listener would be interested in only 3 channels.

Regds

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back