Wyred4sound DSD DAC2 SE launched!

malvai

Banned
Banned
It's finally here!

The even better news is that existing DAC2 owners DO NOT NEED to sell their DAC2's for the newer version!

We can simply send in our beloved DAC2 and get 2 level of upgrades...

this is one of the reasons why I bought the DAC2 in the first place! I didn't want to buy a 1L DAC only to find it getting obsolete in 2-3 years. EJ had promised upgradability and he has delivered!

here is a link:
W4S DAC-2 DSDse (DAC2 DSDSE) - DACs - DAC 2 DSD, ESS Sabre DAC, High Definition Amplifiers, Asynchronous, Sonos modificaitons, Stereo Pre Amp

In addition to the enhanced sonic performance, we have extended its USB support to include, driverless (Mac / Linux), 32 bit 384kHz PCM, as well as DSD streaming.

Thad, are you listening? :p

Now all we gotta do is wait for the rupee to come down...

and DSD format to be generally available...

:rolleyes:

The price difference between SE and non SE is too steep.

BTW what would be the approximate landing price of DAC 2 without DSD?

Thad, are you listening? :p

Yes, indeed Hydra --- and W4S is one of the makes on my desirable list :D. It is good when manufacturers even recognise that Linux exists, let alone mention it in the specs.
The price difference between SE and non SE is too steep.
DSD, in purely practical terms, doesn't do much for me, for the simple reason that, for the foreseeable future, most of my music is going to be 16/44.1. However, there is absolutely no harm at all in future-proofing, especially for the youngsters who still have much of the music collecting in that future. Still, I wonder if it is worth rushing to buy now.

Good Point, Thad.

Also there are Many ( Non Compatible ? ) 'flavours' of DSD, and the entire field is still evolving.....

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back