Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

aditya2603d

Xiaomi is launching it's Mi Q1 75" in India on 23rd March. It's already launched in Europe and below is what I can gather from the specification -
  • VA QLED panel with 1000 Nits of peak brightness
  • FALD with 192 local zones
  • Color Gamut - 95% DCI-P3
  • 120 Hz Panel
  • Have one namesake HDMI 2.1 port but it can't do 4K at 120 Hz.
I haven't ever used a Xiaomi TV so can't speak on it's TV but if it's priced reasonably, it can be a good purchase looking at the specs. But it again comes down to the fact that we won't be getting any proper review for it from fraud Indian A/V reviewer(the youtube community and media portals) and since it's not in USA there won't be any legit review of it. So in short we have to depend on our A/V community here to risk it and give their feedback

So in short we have to depend on our A/V community here to risk it and give their feedback
I don't think that will be possible either. In all probability, this TV will cost north of 2.5-3 lakhs. Not many in this forum will go for that expensive of a TV without proper review.

Also, the Sony X9500H is available around that price. So I don't think many will go for it anyway.

I don't think that will be possible either. In all probability, this TV will cost north of 2.5-3 lakhs. Not many in this forum will go for that expensive of a TV without proper review.

Also, the Sony X9500H is available around that price. So I don't think many will go for it anyway.
If it's any more than 1.5 Lacs then it's DOA.

Infact Vu 85" with similar configuration comes for 2.8 and already a few Forumers skipped that to look for 75" variants from the big three.

If it's any more than 1.5 Lacs then it's DOA.
1.5 lakhs would be quite a good price. I'll actually pick one up post-COVID if it actually launches at that price. However, I'm keeping my expectations low given the garbage TVs Xiaomi has been launching till now at pretty high prices.

Edit: There's also a possibility that this isn't the Q1 75" but a separate edge-lit 75" TV especially for India. They'll pump the specs up with useless fluff like QLED and HDMI 2.1 (with just eARC) and still sell in droves.

Last edited:
Infact Vu 85" with similar configuration comes for 2.8 and already a few Forumers skipped that to look for 75" variants from the big three.
The VU launched for 3.5 lakhs and got discounted later to 2.8. This will likely launch at 2.5-3 lakhs and then later on get discounted to around 2 for sure. But expecting the launch to be below 2 is hoping for too much from Xiaomi.

Xiaomi's MO is to sell junk in India. They haven't launched any of their flagship products (not even smartphones) in India and even their upper-midrange offerings carry quite a large premium in India over China.

If they do launch it at competitive price (say 1.75 lakhs or below), colour me pleasantly surprised. In fact, I'd buy one lol.

The problem with Xiaomi is they never disclose the peak brightness of any of their TVs. Usually reviewers find it to be in the 300-350 nits range, which makes it trash.

The problem with Xiaomi is they never disclose the peak brightness of any of their TVs. Usually reviewers find it to be in the 300-350 nits range, which makes it trash.
If the brightness is over 500 nits, you can be sure that the manufacturer will advertise it in bold.

I am too waiting for this model, hope it is reasonably priced. But many missing features, one would go for LG CX in that range with slightly smaller screen size.

Xiaomi is launching it's Mi Q1 75" in India on 23rd March. It's already launched in Europe and below is what I can gather from the specification -
  • VA QLED panel with 1000 Nits of peak brightness
  • FALD with 192 local zones
  • Color Gamut - 95% DCI-P3
  • 120 Hz Panel
  • Have one namesake HDMI 2.1 port but it can't do 4K at 120 Hz.
I haven't ever used a Xiaomi TV so can't speak on it's TV but if it's priced reasonably, it can be a good purchase looking at the specs. But it again comes down to the fact that we won't be getting any proper review for it from fraud Indian A/V reviewer(the youtube community and media portals) and since it's not in USA there won't be any legit review of it. So in short we have to depend on our A/V community here to risk it and give their feedback
If this comes without any kind of optical coating to improve viewing angle, then I have my doubts how pleasurable, this TV will be to watch in real life considering the large size of the TV /lower viewing angle of VA panels.

With 75" panel size, if one is watching the TV from a distance of say 8 feet, siting in the middle, when he looks at the edge of the screen, he might be already 30 degree off axis. For VA panel, it can lead to a great amount of distortion without any corrective coating.

The price is absolutely amazing. Practically no reason to get any other LCD TV if you want a big size.

I honestly expected at least 2.5 lakhs. At 1.2, I'd buy one as soon as I move back post COVID.

If you can then go for it. I wanted OLED but 75" for 1.2 lakhs there not much to think about.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 1.34.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 1.34.42 PM.png
    758.3 KB · Views: 110
I am too waiting for this model, hope it is reasonably priced. But many missing features, one would go for LG CX in that range with slightly smaller screen size.
the major issue with any OLED is the room reflection. Never owned an OLED TV and it's all based on the reviews.

flipkart and Mi store with 7.5k discount on HDFC debit/credit cards
is it worth it? Got approval from my wife and thinking of pulling the trigger. FYI I currently own the MI 4 55" TV (Super Slim one) and havn't faced any issues apart from some contour on the top frame caused due to multiple times moving (disadvantage of slim design), some shading on top of the screen which is only visible on white or sky background (dint noticed it during the 30 day return period) and Patchwall OS which MI stopped supporting/updating.

The price is absolutely amazing. Practically no reason to get any other LCD TV if you want a big size.

I honestly expected at least 2.5 lakhs. At 1.2, I'd buy one as soon as I move back post COVID.
2.5 lakhs wouldn't have made any sense. You can get flagships like the Sony X9500H for that kind of money.

This is very tempting indeed. My only issue is the peak brightness of the display, which once again Xiaomi have not announced. I don't want a dim TV in my bright living room.

is it worth it? Got approval from my wife and thinking of pulling the trigger. FYI I currently own the MI 4 55" TV (Super Slim one) and hasn't faced any issues apart from some contour on the top frame caused due to multiple times moving (disadvantage of slim design), some shading on top of the screen which is only visible on white or sky background (dint noticed it during the 30 day return period) and Patchwall OS which MI stopped supporting/updating.
I am in the same boat, looking for a good TV.
Using the 1st gen Mi 4 55" TV and I too see some shading on white background.

Looking for a TV which has latest standards. Should be good for gaming too, this TV ticks most of the boxes except gaming related features.

2.5 lakhs wouldn't have made any sense. You can get flagships like the Sony X9500H for that kind of money.

This is very tempting indeed. My only issue is the peak brightness of the display, which once again Xiaomi have not announced. I don't want a dim TV in my bright living room.
So 2.5 lakhs I was assuming to be the MRP and with discounts in a couple months down to 2 lakhs. I'd have bought it at 2 lakhs as well. At 1.2 lakhs, it's a damn steal.

Also, X9500H isn't a flagship. The flagship last year was the A8H. This TV will have much better light control due to the 192 dimming zones it has v/s like 50 on X9500H. Obviously it'll be a worse overall TV, but not that much worse.

The peak brightness is 1000 nits as per Xiaomi's claim. Mysmartprice was able to get 800+ nits himself, and he might not be using the right test pattern.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back