XLR cables

Madhu1199

Dear Friend,
I'm new to HifiVision, I just wanted to to share my experience about xlr, I was using Chord company chameleon xlr and I thought I should try Audioquest Water, when I switched over to aq I couldn't believe my ears, the difference was huge in all respects, that's why I always feel equal importance should be given to interconnects & power cables.

Regards,
Madhu

Madhu- There is no doubt in mind that cables, all types, in audio sound different and sometimes many of us love that change in sound. However it is not possible to measure these changes scientifically and there are many audiophiles who believe that it is nothing but a snake-oil....
So if this change satisfies me I keep the product otherwise just return it.

Yep. Some believe in cables others don't. It also perhaps depends on what system it is engaged in. What is your system currently?

Dear Friend,
I'm new to HifiVision, I just wanted to to share my experience about xlr, I was using Chord company chameleon xlr and I thought I should try Audioquest Water, when I switched over to aq I couldn't believe my ears, the difference was huge in all respects, that's why I always feel equal importance should be given to interconnects & power cables.

Regards,
Madhu

Thats true, the same cables mileage varies between systems. Like speakers and amps have synergy , I think cables too have . Sometimes a cheap cable works better than an expensive one. I am sure you will be surprised to hear the difference some power cables make. Dont have an idea how it happens. but it does. A dealer convinced me well about it, as I took my headphone plugged into the headphone jack of the integrated amp to hear the difference clearly. I never expected the lat 1m of the wire running from outlet to the amp, where all your house is having old wiring can make a difference. Infact, it did. I still dont understand. its not placebo, as it was evident.

Hi,
Power cables do make a difference, in fact it is not the last 1m actually it's the first 1m from your source, the bundle of power cable running behind your system generates quite a lot of EMI & RF which distorts the quality & also the copper used is ogut high grade, I feel that's the reason we hear good output.

Regards

Madhu

Yep. Some believe in cables others don't. It also perhaps depends on what system it is engaged in. What is your system currently?
Hi,
Very rightly said the system also should be very revealing, I use Apertura Armoia driven by Jolida 801 BRC amp, Arcam cd27, Pro-Ject 2Xperience with Lehman black cube, Speaker cable are Transparent music link+ & power cables Siltech, Interconnects Siltech, HiDimond4 & aq water.

Regards

Madhu

Hi,
Power cables do make a difference, in fact it is not the last 1m actually it's the first 1m from your source, the bundle of power cable running behind your system generates quite a lot of EMI & RF which distorts the quality & also the copper used is ogut high grade, I feel that's the reason we hear good output.

Regards

Madhu

When I said the last 1m, I meant the entire wiring in our houses and the lines reaching from the power stations to our homes are not audiophile grade. So it would already be having every other interference possible mixed up by the time it reaches the socket.

If we look that way, a power cable alteration never SHOULD make a difference, but it does and thats what I never understood HOW!

Hifitoaster- You are not alone in the camp who doesn't understand/explain why power cable or any other cable makes such a big difference in the audio performance. Hence this subject is always controversial and many a times treated as a snake oil in the audiophile community. In my opinion we don't have enough tools to quantify what we hear as sound quality. So there is no substitute to auditioning audio components regardless of the reviews or opinions folks have on it.
Thanks.

Hifitoaster- You are not alone in the camp who doesn't understand/explain why power cable or any other cable makes such a big difference in the audio performance. Hence this subject is always controversial and many a times treated as a snake oil in the audiophile community. In my opinion we don't have enough tools to quantify what we hear as sound quality. So there is no substitute to auditioning audio components regardless of the reviews or opinions folks have on it.
Thanks.
There are some things with audio which we have no perfect knowledge to quantify them.:) that's why hifi exists even in a place where studio monitors are enough to analyse what's in the recording.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back