Xtreamer PRO owners Thread

noking

Hi Friends,
Recieved Xtreamer Pro and i guess iam one of first if not the the 1st customers in India.:yahoo:
see the pics below and will give a full detailed review on Sunday.
Thanx & Regards.:yahoo:

I had placed a order for Pro on 28/02/10 with Xtreamer shop and one PRO with Mr.Sumit of Xtreamer India much later and iam yet to receive the PRO ordered directly with Xtreamer shop,Hats off to Sumit for his fast and very efficient service & delivery.keep up the good work Sumit and i guess your Principals @ Xtreamer.net can learn a thing or two from you especially when it comes to communication and delivery's. :)

http://img693.imageshack.us/img69
http://yfrog.com/0jimag0053uj
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7692/imag0053u.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1043/imag0055
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3073/imag0

Last edited:
My first Impressions on PRO...
Tough beautifully finished Alunimum case (same as E-Trayz).
Gui is amazingly Beautiful.
Gui color has been changed from Red to Blue which looks good on my Pana.
I have inserted 2 Hdds (2TB&1.5TB) PRO shows both the Hdds as Individual Disks under HDD in Media Menu.
The Copy speed from Pc to PRO thru ESATA cable is around 100 mbps which is amazing and thru USB is 22 to 24 mbps.:clapping:
Gui speed is very fast (maybe becuz of double the ram than XMP v.1)
Picture & sound are same as v.1.
No HD-Audio yet but Xtreamer has promised it in next firmware update.
Iam posting some pictures of Gui on my pana.
Cheers...
http://yfrog.com/7fimag0059qj
http://yfrog.com/6cimag0060fj
http://yfrog.com/6ximag0061ij

Last edited:
Congrats buddy.....
M waiting for review...

Auto Subtitle download feature is something which they have failed to address.

Last edited:
Any yes..... Any possibility of "GoogleTV" compatibility in it ....

Right now no & I dont think it will be possible ......but you never no & we also have to keep community in mind which may in future develop something :licklips:
Regards..

Last edited:
Last night I hooked up the Pro in my Living Room setup and here I found the following observations which I am bringing to everybody's attention here:

Looks wise its identical to etrayz the NAS solution provided by the Xtreamer team, so its just slightly bigger then couple of 3.5" HDD kept on top of each other. The box construction is solid and the package comes with all the necessary cables needed for installation, including a chepo chinese HDMI cable. The power brick is as big as any Laptop adaptor but nicely built.

Once fired up the first thing that comes to notice is that the bootup time, which is almost half of what the 1st Generation Xtreamer needs, then comes the first screen and I must say that the GUI is rather impressive, otherwise all the menu options and settings are identical to the old Xtreamer unit.

In my Setup I connected the pro through HDMI to my AVR and a cat 6 cable to my Linksys Router which is connected with my etrayz unit. Now in the settings menu there is no option of HD audio which was promised during its launch. I first played a complete Blu Ray transfer of Transformers 2 which is stored on my etrayz through the Pro and it played it with full 1080P @24frames per second glory on my Full HD Projector Screen and I must say that the picture quality was as close to a dedicated blu ray player but no where as close to Oppo BDP-83 which I would take as a reference here, as I could notice slight picture noise on the close up scenes.

Now came the part when I wanted to test out the HD audio part as it said on the box of the unit that it could decode Dolby True HD out of the box and same was also promised during the launch of this unit, but when I tested a couple of Blu Ray clips of Star Trek BD on this unit then on the info page on the screen it showed that Dolby True HD was the Audio Track but Pro was downmixing it to 2 channel and on my AVR it was displayed as Dolby Pro Logic II with two channel signal input. With the Lossy DTS and Dolby also I noticed a little drop in the volume level even after I had maximised the volume level on the Pro, otherwise there are no more grudges.

Now came the part when I really wanted to check etrayz integration, when its contents are played simultaniously with 2 or more units seperately on two seperate setup in the same household, so I kept my Living room setup running and then turned on old Xtreamer unit in my Bedroom setup which is connected via ethernet with an Apple Airport Express on 5 GHz Band of my Linksys Router. As soon as I turned on the Xtreamer and started selecting media on the etrayz my entire setup froze i.e Hanged, and at that point even the Pro stopped working and hanged so I had to turn off everything My etrayz, router, Xtreamer and Pro and then restart all of them. After that I turned on the Pro and left it playing a Full HD content, then turned on the Xtreamer in my Bedroom and walla this time it played things without any fuss so I had ultimately achived multi room playability of media stored onto my etrayz.

My conclusion to all the above leads me to the fact that Pro is a beautifully built media player unit and for those who are looking for Massive storage facility onto the media player should buy it, otherwise the Xtreamer unit is self sufficient, also I would say that people looking for HD Audio downmixing should wait till the same has been achieved, as we all know that the same thing was also promised to us when we bought our old units but now things have changed and those units are not allowed to get the HD Audio Downmixing.

Last edited:
Good review. well explained and detailed, enjoy your purchase and waiting for more feedback as you play with the same.

I got my xpro two days ago...but haven't really had much time with it :(

Plan to do it over the weekend when I set up my AVR and the pro...

Hi friends,
Did any one placed an order for PRO in Xtreamer shop under there offer and did anyone receive the product.I made a booking on 28/02/2010 and im yet to receive it:sad:

Just ordered mine today (21st June 2010)
expecting to get it in 2 days time.....

Any news of Xtreamer Juke Box or Has anyone tried the beta one?

on the face of it...it looks gorgeous.....

Hi Friends,
Recieved Xtreamer Pro and i guess iam one of first if not the the 1st customers in India.:yahoo:
see the pics below and will give a full detailed review on Sunday.
Thanx & Regards.:yahoo:

I received mine on 16th June ..So i guess I am also one of the first-owners club :)

Herez few captures of my Xt.Pro setup

1. Unwrapping

2.Unboxed

3. Xt.Pro

4.Front cover open to Install HDD

5.HDD (Seagate 1TB)

6.Trial Setup (not neat i agree)

7.File transfer to HDD.. very swift

8. Movie on... Wow....

I currently use a PlayOn HD but I am thinking of buying Xtreamer Pro mainly for its two hard drive enclosures. I'd be using it both as a media player and as a backup/RAID box. I've been reading on the Xtreamer forums and on the net in general and there are lots of complaints about it. People are complaining about terribly slow speeds on eSATA and hard disks losing data etc. Has anybody tried these functions on their Xtreamer Pro (basically, anything other than the media playing function). Thanks!!

I have a very very strong view on this ground.
1. Xtreamer Pro is an underdeveloped Product
2. I don't know the reason behind the premature launch
3. Hardly any difference in Xt and Xt Pro in GUI
4. Firmwire for Xt.Pro is still at a developing stage.
5. Team Xtreamer known for not keeping their promises.

I understand that you own a Xtreamer Pro. Can you please be more specific as to what specific problems you have faced? It's always good to get first-hand information. Thanks!!

Hi Avijeet,

are you the same avijeet who posted on the xtreamer jukebox development forum? I can empathise with your situation!

I am an xtreamer pro owner too.

Pros - great price, great build for the price, solid hardware features for the price; fast response time from local sales team

Cons- highly under-developed user interface; slow.. hdmi implementation buggy in latest firmware 2.3.4, PQ still a bit away from a true BD player

i had purchased this as an htpc replacement; (I use 7MC+My movies plugin+powerdvd plugin) and there is a huge deal of distance to cover before this can truly replace an HTPC in terms of user experience.

The hardware is all there. needs good jukebox software to be a complete media player.

Thanks Kapvin.

Do you have any experience with AC Ryan POHD? If so, how would compare the two? The biggest fault I see in Xtreamer Pro is that you can't access both the internal HDDs at the same time? Is that applicable only for eSATA or for USB also?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back