Yamaha 8390 vs elac debut 5.2

Ashh

I have yamaha htr 3067, came with a package homr theater. Want to upgrade the speaker. I m confuse between yamaha 8390 vselac debut b 5.2.
Please suggest

I have yamaha htr 3067, came with a package homr theater. Want to upgrade the speaker. I m confuse between yamaha 8390 vselac debut b 5.2.Please suggest

Also consider Taga TAV 5.0 speaker package and add a sub later or now depending on your budget..

Elac any day. Indeed good speakers with a large hype over internet. At some point when you want to upgrade there will definitely be buyers too. But the new debut reference is a much better speaker. Don’t know when it comes to India though. It’s available abroad already.

I have yamaha htr 3067, came with a package homr theater. Want to upgrade the speaker. I m confuse between yamaha 8390 vselac debut b 5.2.
Please suggest
One is a bookshelf speaker and the other is floor standing speaker. Elac would not be easy to drive with the AVR you have currently. The Yamaha speakers should be easy to drive. What's the reason you picked the above two speakers?

One is a bookshelf speaker and the other is floor standing speaker. Elac would not be easy to drive with the AVR you have currently. The Yamaha speakers should be easy to drive. What's the reason you picked the above two speakers?
Just search on the internet and reviews. Elac debut is lies everywhere when you search best bookshelf speakers in 30k. And yamaha 8390 was recommended by the seller at the time of purchase also has a very good reviews on internet

Just search on the internet and reviews. Elac debut is lies everywhere when you search best bookshelf speakers in 30k. And yamaha 8390 was recommended by the seller at the time of purchase also has a very good reviews on internet
Htr 3067 has front channel power of 110 w. (They claim on specifications). So whether my avr is able to drive elac and 8390. Please tell me. If not then please help me choosing a budget stereo receiver with sub out in the range of 30 k. But still i hope that it would be better if my current avr can drive them.

Htr 3067 has front channel power of 110 w. (They claim on specifications). So whether my avr is able to drive elac and 8390. Please tell me. If not then please help me choosing a budget stereo receiver with sub out in the range of 30 k. But still i hope that it would be better if my current avr can drive them.

Elac any day. Indeed good speakers with a large hype over internet. At some point when you want to upgrade there will definitely be buyers too. But the new debut reference is a much better speaker. Don’t know when it comes to India though. It’s available abroad already.
Thanks but i have read the replies and now i have a doubt that whether my avr htr3067 can drive elac or not. I said 110 w on specifications

Thanks but i have read the replies and now i have a doubt that whether my avr htr3067 can drive elac or not. I said 110 w on specifications

Where do you read the rating at 110w? When I am checking on the spec, it says 70/80w per channel, 2 channel driven. Will be lower when more channels are used. See the screen shot from the manual below. Manual - HTR-3067

1592489065014.png

I am new to this, if you dont mind can you please tell me that what is poweramps and preout needed for?

All amplifiers have 2 sections. A Preamp section and a Poweramp section. Preamp section is where you have all the processing, volume, tone controls, etc. Poweramp section is where you have the main Amplifier that drives the Speakers.

So if a receiver has Pre Outs then you can use it as a preamplifier by connecting the Pre Out to an external Power Amplifier to drive more demanding speakers. In your case, looks like your receiver has only a Sub Woofer Preout.

Have you considered speakers from Dali, Q Acoustics, etc. They are also very good speakers and not as demanding as the Elac. Your receiver should be able to drive a Pair of Dalis or QA easily.

MaSh

Where do you read the rating at 110w? When I am checking on the spec, it says 70/80w per channel, 2 channel driven. Will be lower when more channels are used. See the screen shot from the manual below. Manual - HTR-3067

View attachment 46511

All amplifiers have 2 sections. A Preamp section and a Poweramp section. Preamp section is where you have all the processing, volume, tone controls, etc. Poweramp section is where you have the main Amplifier that drives the Speakers.

So if a receiver has Pre Outs then you can use it as a preamplifier by connecting the Pre Out to an external Power Amplifier to drive more demanding speakers. In your case, looks like your receiver has only a Sub Woofer Preout.

Have you considered speakers from Dali, Q Acoustics, etc. They are also very good speakers and not as demanding as the Elac. Your receiver should be able to drive a Pair of Dalis or QA easily.

MaSh
Thanks i understood the theory of preamp and poweramp. It was very helpful. May be i misunderstood the ratings. There is one more thing which i dont understand that what is rating on 1 channel driven vs 2 channel driven. Also please help me choose bookshelf or floorstanding on the range of 30k for my avr.

Thanks i understood the theory of preamp and poweramp. It was very helpful. May be i misunderstood the ratings. There is one more thing which i dont understand that what is rating on 1 channel driven vs 2 channel driven. Also please help me choose bookshelf or floorstanding on the range of 30k for my avr.

You can safely ignore the 1 channel driven rating. They are just marketing tactics. Only see the 20hz-20khz at 8ohms, either 2 channel or all channel driven rating.

You can browse through other threads on the forum regarding Bookshelf vs Towers. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. So pick the one that fits your budget, space, and sound preferences best.

MaSh

You can safely ignore the 1 channel driven rating. They are just marketing tactics. Only see the 20hz-20khz at 8ohms, either 2 channel or all channel driven rating.

You can browse through other threads on the forum regarding Bookshelf vs Towers. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. So pick the one that fits your budget, space, and sound preferences best.

MaSh
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help.

with bookshelf’s unless you have good stands you won’t get the right performance they are intended to. So keep some part of budget for that in case of a bookshelf.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back