Yamaha AS500

gopu

hi all,

i am gopu from b'lore.
thanks all for making this community so interesting and live.
i am an art director in b'lore.

i had a very old plan of buying an amplifier.
when i am sound enough to buy one i saw a lot of options around me, which confused me a lot. so performance wise and budget wise i ended up in Yamaha AS 500amp after reading a lot in the net.

then comes the speaker confusion, again budget is playing an important role here.i read a lot about the high performance ones, but they are very costly also.

after searching a lot i selected one model from Yamaha - NS 8900, but herein this forum itself lot of people told this product is not upto that level.
I am attracted towards the Frequency Response of NS 8900 (28 Hz-38 kHz).

please help me in choosing one floorstander, my budget is 40 k together the amp and the speakers.

hi rohit, thanks for the reply.

which one is better NS 8900 or NS 150FS
have you auditioned both ?

If I remember it right the salesman at yamaha told me that N 8900 was older model and discountinued. He was all praises for it. U can look at the wt of the two. I happened to audition NS 555 with yamaha RX 671 (did not want 2channel path) and I liked the sound.Had good tight bass. Along with sub sw315 they sounded awsome.

hi rohit, thanks for the reply.

which one is better NS 8900 or NS 150FS
have you auditioned both ?

I have the other model NS-F140 its a 2 way FS and I have paired it with yamaha 571. Beautiful for music/movies and I believe other FM debzcool has also auditioned the same got it for his music. They cost around 11k and really value for money, if you are on budget. Try to audition the same at Reliance Digital shops.

Thanks

thanks rohitpuri, manniraj.

i hope its available in bangalore thomsun,
i want to audition both.

kef q300 and wharfedale 10.2, want to check these two also.

I hope thompson, Indiranagar should be having it as they are the distributors of yamaha electronics.

Thanks

Hi gopu,

For 40k, you can consider Mordaunt Short Aviano-6 floor standers, can be driven with AS500 and it has tons of bass, read the reviews at whathifi.com. But pl audition with your amp before you decide.

N.Murali

Hi gopu,

For 40k, you can consider Mordaunt Short Aviano-6 floor standers, can be driven with AS500 and it has tons of bass, read the reviews at whathifi.com. But pl audition with your amp before you decide.

N.Murali

Are you sure Aviano 6 and AS500 can be made available in 40k ?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back