Yamaha BD-A1040 DVD Player : Suggestion needed

Kumar442244

Hello FM,

Need some expert advice on finalizing a BDP.

While cursorily browsing, came across Yamaha BD-A1040 DVD Player on amazon.de for around 25K INR from the AVENTAGE range of yahama.

Anyone using this? Any feedback?

Can you please also suggest the best BDP in 25K range (If not above mentioned).

Will be hand carrying this from Belgium.

Current setup: Marantz NR1607, Dali Z3 and E12F Sub.

Link : https://www.amazon.de/Yamaha-BD-A10...qid=1492367861&sr=1-14&keywords=bluray+player

Kindly Advice.

Hi

Contact MZ Audio and look at the Marantz UD5007...alternatively look at Pioneer BDP 180

Hello Efernand1, Thanks for the suggestion. Appreciate it.

Currently, UD5007 is not available on amazon.de and a UD7007 is a bit out of the budget.

Was thinking of Pioneer BDP180 as well.

How would you rate Yamaha A1040 over mentioned models of Marantz and Pioneer?

Have the option of hand carrying it from Belgium so will rather avoid Indian dealer for this buyout.

Hi

I would prefer Pioneer first then the Marantz and lastly the Yamaha.....

This is based on my use and experience with them.....

MZ Audio will give the UD5007 for a reasonable rate, check for the best price...

Hi

I would prefer Pioneer first then the Marantz and lastly the Yamaha.....

This is based on my use and experience with them.....

MZ Audio will give the UD5007 for a reasonable rate, check for the best price...

Thanks Efernand,

Pioneer BDP-180 it is...!!!

Hand carrying it from Belgium coming weekend...!!:yahoo:

If possible see if you can purchase a REGION FREE player...else you will be restricted to a certain region.....i use region A and most downloaded content works well

Hello Zeta/Efernand,

Thanks for the on time advice.

Can't see the region specified anywhere on the amazon.de website.

Thinks its a deal breaker.

Any idea, how much does it cost in our own country? I am getting it in Belgium at 180 Euros(~12.5K INR)

Would consider buying in India if the region is a constraint and no information around this is sorted online.

Hi

In India the players sold are Region C and hence most downloaded content may not play well.....

It is cheaper than India...officially the player is around 15/16k.......

You get Region Free kits over the net which can be used to make your player region free, but use caution and read all information before venturing in this...

All the best

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back